Wiki Posts
Search

Delta rescheduling s__ks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold member/Delta Skymiles
Delta rescheduling s__ks

My wife and I booked a first class flight six months in advance from IND, MSP to FAI Fairbanks. It had a 3 hour layover and this is what we wanted. I hate having short layovers and at 65 have no desire to hump my A__ through an airport. Delta changed my flight completely. Still flying through MSP, but with a 45 minute layover. I arrive at my destination the same time. They did not cancel the original flight I booked, they just moved me. Is there anyway to avoid this stuff" I am assuming it was because a better customer wanted on my original flight or they had more demand coming from IND to MSP as the destimation? How do you book a flight on any airline and avoid this happening to you?

Thanks.

Brian
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
Absolutely a pain to deal with. Hard to judge why or how you two were moved unfortunately it seems that booking far out these days means the flight times and routes will change many times.

My advice would be to get on delta.com or expert flyer and find suitable IND-FAI flights and call delta and feed them those flights, unfortunately you might have to do this several more times depending on when your flight is.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by MChang1
My wife and I booked a first class flight six months in advance from IND, MSP to FAI Fairbanks. It had a 3 hour layover and this is what we wanted. I hate having short layovers and at 65 have no desire to hump my A__ through an airport. Delta changed my flight completely. Still flying through MSP, but with a 45 minute layover. I arrive at my destination the same time. They did not cancel the original flight I booked, they just moved me. Is there anyway to avoid this stuff" I am assuming it was because a better customer wanted on my original flight or they had more demand coming from IND to MSP as the destimation? How do you book a flight on any airline and avoid this happening to you?

Thanks.

Brian
If you don't want schedule changes, don't book flights more than 90 days in advance. The prices are often no cheaper and the schedule is almost guaranteed to change. That said, if you are unhappy with the change you can call and ask for something different or a refund.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: Some more than others
If I were a betting man, there was probably a minor schedule change and Delta's RebookingTron3000 moved you to the shorter connection. I would call Delta and ask to be put back on your original flight or something similar.

Unfortunately significant schedule changes have become the norm on every US carrier . It made sense during the height of Covid because no one knew what things were going to look like, what would be open or what demand would be; however, that really doesn't apply now, especially domestically. Having one, two or more major schedule changes if you book far in advance is a regular occurrence. Some people use this to their advantage by booking cheaper flight times and using the change to get what they really want or get a refund, but for the rest of us who book what we want it has become a PITA.
davedeboston, Cthunder86 and uanj like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wait until schedule change weekend is over, then check whether your original flight (or something better) is still operating, and call DL, giving the agent the flight numbers and times for the segments you want. (if you care about seat assignments, look at seat maps first.)
Auto Enthusiast and findark like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

My original flight is still there, but first class is sold out and i checked others, not any better. thanks brian
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I am so tired of this crap.
I needed to change my flight by one day. Simple ticket re-price. The agent "transferred" me to the reissue desk, which disconnected. I've called back and its a FOUR HOUR wait.
I waited and got a call back. It wasn't a reissue desk member, it was a general agent who had no idea what was happening.
I simply need a Platinum agent WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. Stop with this transfer bullcrap.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
@Pianoman109876 why couldn’t you modify your flight online?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I am so tired of this crap.
I needed to change my flight by one day. Simple ticket re-price. The agent "transferred" me to the reissue desk, which disconnected. I've called back and its a FOUR HOUR wait.
I waited and got a call back. It wasn't a reissue desk member, it was a general agent who had no idea what was happening.
I simply need a Platinum agent WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. Stop with this transfer bullcrap.
I'm not sure what this has to do with this post?
Adam1222 and etiene like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by MChang1
My original flight is still there, but first class is sold out and i checked others, not any better. thanks brian
If your original flight is still there can't you just call and say "I want to stay on my original flight ...?" I can't understand why this would be a problem for DL to honor their original agreement since the flights still exist.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by emma dog
@Pianoman109876 why couldn’t you modify your flight online?
my “modify flight” button hasn’t worked on any flight in over a year.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I'm not sure what this has to do with this post?
the fact that Delta messes with flights and then leaves you all but powerless to fix it
uanj likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Deleted

Last edited by bitterproffit; Apr 3, 2022 at 5:19 pm Reason: Not relevant to the subject
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
If your original flight is still there can't you just call and say "I want to stay on my original flight ...?" I can't understand why this would be a problem for DL to honor their original agreement since the flights still exist.
Frankly I am unwilling to wait 3-4 hours to talk with someone.
ezefllying likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
the fact that Delta messes with flights and then leaves you all but powerless to fix it
All but powerless? Call 800-221-1212 and ask an agent to fix it.
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.