Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Meltdown 4/2/2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Spring break started a month earlier. Institutions (fortunately) stagger their spring break vacation periods..
People in this thread reported chaos at ATL. Spring break in Georgia started today.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by pfreet
People in this thread reported chaos at ATL. Spring break in Georgia started today.
Yes City of Atlanta public schools have spring break as of today. Private ATL schools were off last month.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
And ATL is expecting 300,000 people a day through security...

https://www.cbs46.com/2022/04/01/mil...-spring-break/

Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
And ATL is expecting 300,000 people a day through the security checkpoints.

https://www.cbs46.com/2022/04/01/mil...-spring-break/

Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I would hope/expect Southwest and Spirit to be much worse: they're supposedly a LCC and an ULCC, while DL is supposed to be a full service carrier.
Yeah they charge for better weather
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Spring Break meets bad weather in Florida.

What could go wrong?

Note to self: AVOID!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I simply don't understand why the general public are not booking private planes. Options people! Didn't everyone get a 100K bonus last quarter?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Looking on flight aware earlier there was a huge line of weather in Florida north of Orlando that was prevented flights from getting to Orlando and south. It seemed to last most of the day. Granted, I've been in Orlando all day, and it wasn't bad. Just an odd weather day that seemed to last forever. Delta shut down most of their MCO ops pretty early, but still operated a number of the late afternoon/evening flights.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Who needs spring break in Georgia? There's mild weather year round. OTOH, if the natives simply want an excuse to go somewhere to party......they might as well label it as spring break.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:48 am

I will be flying DUB-ATL-LAS in a couple of weeks and noticed the DUB-ATL sector was cancelled on April 1st and yesterday it was delayed by 90min. If I were to miss my connection or not fly at all, what would be my rights? If they offer another date but other airlines have business class availability on the same day can I ask to be rebooked on one of them?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Who needs spring break in Georgia? There's mild weather year round. OTOH, if the natives simply want an excuse to go somewhere to party......they might as well label it as spring break.
There are a lot of parents waiting for their kids to have a week off, so they can go on family vacation at the beach. So it's definitely a thing, even outside the normal college student getaway we think of.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Florida weather doesn’t explain the cancels on routes like SLC-DEN and SEA-LAS yesterday. This is a pilot staffing issue as well as weather.
Taz, unitedbusiness, rylan and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Wow! got home Wednesday and had idea there was this much chaos going on.
  • This week will be the first time I haven't flown (not including a holiday week) in over a year. I live in Southern Oho and have a meeting in Nashville. Decided to drive the 5 hours instead of having to connect etc for the same time. Pretty happy I made that call given what could be residual fall out.
  • Speaking of spring break: my wife and I have been discussing what our daughter wants to do on her senior year HS spring break next year. She will be 17 and she wants to fly unaccompanied to a friend's house in FLL. Parents will be there etc, but given the potential for IROPS, not sure I want to turn a 17 year old loose on her own. Even with a direct flight from CVG to FLL. Im sure Im way too paranoid.
wrp96 and bitterproffit like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
You don’t want a vacation?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
  • Speaking of spring break: my wife and I have been discussing what our daughter wants to do on her senior year HS spring break next year. She will be 17 and she wants to fly unaccompanied to a friend's house in FLL. Parents will be there etc, but given the potential for IROPS, not sure I want to turn a 17 year old loose on her own. Even with a direct flight from CVG to FLL. Im sure Im way too paranoid.
You know your kid best but if she's going to be a senior, so she's two months from graduation and 4 months from going off to college than you're going to have to let go and let her take care of herself. I flew on my own from MSP-MDW and back starting when I was 11, never had an issue, make sure she knows to call if she has any issues but I'd let her go.
ijgordon, wrp96, manacit and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.