Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Commuting Delta Pilot Taking Creepy Photos of FAs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Commuting Delta Pilot Taking Creepy Photos of FAs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by socalflying
That's fine...let's set aside the creepy/non-creepy part. The other part of the question was do you believe any other US airline would have treated this differently?
I doubt Southwest would. It would probably blow over at most regional carriers too. Some of WN's employees have done socially inappropriate things in the past and were just sent to sensitivity training.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I doubt Southwest would. It would probably blow over at most regional carriers too. Some of WN's employees have done socially inappropriate things in the past and were just sent to sensitivity training.
We'll just have to agree to disagree again, then. As Goodoldflyer noted above, corporations spend much time and money training against anything that can be construed as creating a hostile work environment, and are quite leery of getting sued for incidents such as this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta, United
but someone who takes a photo of a fully clothed person in public gets fired? It would have been different if he had been trying to take an upskirt photo. That would have been criminal. But as far as I know there are no state or federal laws against photographing clothed people in public.
On board a flight is not a public space. Further most airlines have a policy regarding on board photography that states:

The use of any device for photography or audio and/or video recording is permitted only for capturing personal events. Any photography or recording of other customers or airline personnel without their express prior consent is strictly prohibited.

IBFTL
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:11 am

I think it's quite clear that I said his behavior was creepy. But I'd rather have him flying my plane than the alcoholic pilots that Delta and ALPA keep employed. It's the hypocrisy that gets me. Operating an aircraft while intoxicated is very much criminal behavior. But Delta seems to look past that once they're out of the drunk tank. At least United and JetBlue will fire their drunk pilots.
The calculus is pretty simple - if a video of a drunk pilot/FO went viral, Delta would probably fire the individual. And if the incident leading to this thread hadn't been widely publicized with video evidence, it likely would have been swept under the rug.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:17 am

delete

Last edited by volabam; Apr 2, 2022 at 10:17 am Reason: delete
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Be that as it may, organizations get sued for creating a "hostile workplace" if they allow behavior like this, particularly from a person in a position of authority. Each individual in the company goes through hours of training every year on this.

I know it. You know it. The pilot knew it.

I'm not seeing what you find to be unclear.
In this case, which organization? If was an off duty DL pilot flying nonrev on Frontier. He's a passenger, not an employee of Frontier and what happens on that airline's flights does not create a hostile work environment at DL.

I agree that he probably should be fired after due process (not instantly due to some twitter posts), and I could understand female crew refusing to work with him, but IMO the offense here is bad behavior in public when representing DL (wearing his uniform and using his DL nonrev privileges).

Does anyone know whether moral turpitude is mentioned in the DL pilot union contract?
volabam likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:18 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Thread closed pending moderator review

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
bonoman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.