Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgrades being messed up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by htkatch
A friend of mine and I are flying together. He had someone attached to his reservation, I did not.
The upgrade priority is (in Order):

1) Medallion Status
2) Fare Class
3) reserve card holder
4) Corporate traveler
5) if you earned MQM waiver
6) Million Miler status
7) Date and time of request

We have all the same for 1 through 3 but i am a corporate traveler and he is not. He and his companion were upgraded, i was not and there are no more seats left.

I've called Delta and they cant explain why this happened.

Anyone else have a similar issue ???
Just an FYI...#5 should read "If you earned MQD waiver".
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hi55us
Yeah I feel like the upgrade system is a little bit wonky right now to. Flying SEA-LAX tomorrow and F was wide open at the 5 day window, 8 seats available. Thought there would be a chance I get upgraded at the 5 day window but I didn't. 3 day window comes and 1 seat goes away, down to 7, where it stayed. Then last night 6 seats get given out in F, despite C+ being empty. No idea if the 6 seats where actually sold, but it seemed suspicious.
I am seeing a lot of that recently and think it is related to First Class Monitization. I am a DM who qualified last year and even on Y/B tickets getting a lot of gate upgrades. I have always said if I can not average 75% or better on UPG then a bad coach seat on any airline is the same.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
A friend of mine and I are flying together. He had someone attached to his reservation, I did not.

1) Medallion Status
2) Fare Class
3) reserve card holder
4) Corporate traveler
6) Million Miler status

We have all the same for 1 through 3 but i am a corporate traveler and he is not. He and his companion were upgraded, i was not and there are no more seats left.

My understanding is 1 and 5 should be combined. IE DM who qualified and DM with waiver, then PM etc.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

1) Medallion Status
2) Fare Class
3) reserve card holder
4) Corporate traveler
6) Million Miler status

Are you sure their not listed as being a corporate traveler? I've found not everyone realizes this has been added to their profile..
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by LikeaGVI
Why would corporate/business travelers book leisure vacations on their corporate travel platform or account? And if they did - how would Delta know if they were traveling for business or vacation?
We don’t use a third party corporate travel booking service like Concur, but I manage my company’s SkyBonus and when I log into my DL account I can select Business or Personal travel and basically it flags the itineraries and adds our SkyBonus info. I rarely use the personal selection since I book so much business travel it defaults.

One thing I may have misses, OP, did the companion have Medallion status?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Delete
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Are you sure their not listed as being a corporate traveler? I've found not everyone realizes this has been added to their profile..
yes, he does not have a corporate flag. When I called the diamond desk , their response was “ we don’t know why either”!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

I

Originally Posted by atyppo
Odd then, I can't explain. Maybe an email to Karen Zachary might catch the right set of eyes and provide an explanation (and ~15k SkyPesos). DL email format is [email protected].
I don’t want sky miles, I want Delta to follow the rules they set up on upgrades! I feel like they are arbitrary
Goodoldflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.