Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flying with 2 companions, 1 on same PNR 1 linked - upgrades?

Flying with 2 companions, 1 on same PNR 1 linked - upgrades?

Old Mar 29, 22, 9:48 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 739
Flying with 2 companions, 1 on same PNR 1 linked - upgrades?

The Delta website addresses a lot of possibilities and how they impact medallion upgrades but not this one:
Platinum Member + General Member on one PNR
General Member on linked PNR.
Will the two that are on one PNR still clear at the PMs window and then you can use a RUC for the linked one?

Last edited by flyerfirsts; Mar 29, 22 at 9:53 pm
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Mar 29, 22, 10:48 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Posts: 923
The two on one PNR will clear at the PM window if space is available. However, it is my understanding that to use an RUC the person in whose name the RUC is issued needs to use an RUC as well; it might even be that only the passenger on the same reservation as the PM can be upgraded with an RUC. So, I suspect that at least one of the three will not be upgraded.
PHXflier is offline  
Old Mar 29, 22, 11:14 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: DTW
Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by PHXflier View Post
However, it is my understanding that to use an RUC the person in whose name the RUC is issued needs to use an RUC as well; it might even be that only the passenger on the same reservation as the PM can be upgraded with an RUC.
This is incorrect - RUCs can be applied to companions on separate (linked) reservations, and the Medallion member doesn't need to use one for themself.
aacar is online now  
Old Mar 29, 22, 11:40 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Posts: 923
Originally Posted by aacar View Post
This is incorrect - RUCs can be applied to companions on separate (linked) reservations, and the Medallion member doesn't need to use one for themself.
Oh, OK, I stand corrected... learning something new every day. In a similar situation a few years ago Delta did not let me do this for separate reservations but obviously the rules have changed.
PHXflier is offline  
Old Mar 29, 22, 11:43 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: DTW
Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by PHXflier View Post
In a similar situation a few years ago Delta did not let me do this for separate reservations but obviously the rules have changed.
Yes, the policies changed last year.
aacar is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread