Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort Plus 'Coffee, Tea or Water?'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:00 am

I don’t drink a lot, but when I do, it is a margarita or a cosmo. Suggestions for what to order on my upcoming flight ( which was changed from Delta to AF &#128532?

I can’t figure out where those odd characters came from!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by greenlander
Sitting in Comfort + on a flight last week and I thought this interaction with the flight attendant was pretty interesting and kind of funny, so I thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this. I was sitting a few rows into comfort, so I was able to to hear the FA with the beverage cart ask every passenger if they wanted 'coffee, tea or water', no mention of anything else. Some people seemed to assume that was all that was available, some seemed confused and then a few passengers just asked for whatever alcoholic beverage they wanted, which she provided.

Has anyone else been given those options? Wondering if the FAs are incentivized somehow to not give alcohol to C+ passengers. Or maybe don't want to bother with the effort. I could possibly understand it on an early am flight but this was the evening.

this exact thing happened to me last week from PHL-DTW and ATL-MYR. They didn’t offer it proactively in comfort plus but when I asked for a beer, they gave it to me with no issue.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
50-ish years ago, the third option after coffee or tea would have been "me."
jfkeze, volabam, kale73 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
On every flight I've taken this year that had a beverage service, they announced a range of drink choices on the PA before they came through with the carts, including "alcohol for purchase in main cabin." I also had a longer mid-con flight ATL-ONT where they had an extra drink service "coffee, tea, water" later in the flight. Passengers could request anything, however, and service was excellent.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:18 pm

Sitting in Comfort + on a flight last week and I thought this interaction with the flight attendant was pretty interesting and kind of funny, so I thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this. I was sitting a few rows into comfort, so I was able to to hear the FA with the beverage cart ask every passenger if they wanted 'coffee, tea or water', no mention of anything else. Some people seemed to assume that was all that was available, some seemed confused and then a few passengers just asked for whatever alcoholic beverage they wanted, which she provided.

Has anyone else been given those options? Wondering if the FAs are incentivized somehow to not give alcohol to C+ passengers. Or maybe don't want to bother with the effort. I could possibly understand it on an early am flight but this was the evening.
What was the route? This sounds like an express beverage service flight. Beer and wine are also available to c+ on these flights and anything else is time permitting. If it was over 500 miles then I’m not sure why that’s what the crew offered!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
On the 6 am hour DCA-DTW from time to time pre-pandemic, for whatever reason they wouldn't serve sodas or juice in C+. They would bring me a beer on request. One time the FA claimed that sodas weren't catered onto the flight.
This is correct for an express flight. The main cabin carts consist of beer and wine, several drawers of water bottles and a drawer of snacks. First class carts have a full beverage carts but that is at the discretion of the FA (time permitting)
HLT1904 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:24 pm

Coffee and tea made with airplane dirty water, oh yeah! <gag>
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I have seen this on short flights in the 250-500 mile range. This is DL's exact wording on beverage service for this segment length:

"Delta Comfort+ and First Class customers will receive complimentary beer, wine and liquor service. Express Beverage Service Flights 251-499 may receive beer and wine.  Other liquor is pending crew availability and remaining flight time."
https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...erage/overview

I was in C+ on a recent flight where all the FA's asked as coffee or water, but almost every passenger asked for a beer or wine, as if they knew it was available. FA's grudgingly gave it to anyone who asked, in fact their carts were stocked with these drinks. So either DL is telling them not to advertise it (which is likely the case) or FA's are taking it upon themselves to do it. Since DL pretty much "scripts" everything FA's say onboard, I'm betting this is what they're being told.
volabam likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Here's a novel concept for Delta. Just hand people a cup of ice and the can. Have they not realized how much time they will save that way? No need to stand there and pour anything.
Grog, strickerj, Moyerclan and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:58 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Here's a novel concept for Delta. Just hand people a cup of ice and the can. Have they not realized how much time they will save that way? No need to stand there and pour anything.
Isn’t the point for Delta to save money and provide less services/resources for a given time? This means less chance for the FA to provide refills and less cost if one can of beverage can serve several passengers, instead of one.

Taking time to pour means achieving both of those.
BigFishDave and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sadly still the case on my most frequent DL routes from RDU: ATL and NYC. Invariably this happens

FA: Coffee, tea or water?
Passenger: Diet Coke
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
NYC to Boston

Ive seen this on quick hops from NYC to BOS. When In C+ I usually ask for a Jack and Coke and get it with no if’s ands or buts.

Last edited by SH115; Jul 14, 2022 at 7:17 pm
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Unfortunately, yes, I’ve seen it before. I just order my usual drink and take the eye roll. And even on trans-cons I’ve been seeing only one drink service in C+ which is frustrating.
I’ve seen only 1 drink pass on a trans on more then once. I learned quickly how to use the FA call button.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
I’ve flown comfort plus US to Europe many times and have never ever been offered a drink other than coffee, tea, or water.
Really????
missionpa likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
I’ve flown comfort plus US to Europe many times and have never ever been offered a drink other than coffee, tea, or water.

I've never heard anything other than "what would you like to drink?" Then again, who knows if I was listening carefully.
Adam1222 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.