Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM/MQD Award Accelerator not showing since the beginning of the year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold

Had a bunch of flights since the beginning of 2022 and not one of them had the Award Accelerator factored in, just the basic MQM/MQD (2021 was fine).

My wife who was also on all reservations didn’t get hers either. Has that happened to anyone else?

*I don’t keep track of MQS but I assume it’s the same
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Were these award tickets, not including pay-with-miles? My 2022 award tickets have earned MQMs and MQDs as expected, even the numbers on delta.dumb seem to be wrong and my boarding passes say "no FF credit."
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by urifin
Had a bunch of flights since the beginning of 2022 and not one of them had the Award Accelerator factored in, just the basic MQM/MQD (2021 was fine).

My wife who was also on all reservations didn’t get hers either. Has that happened to anyone else?

*I don’t keep track of MQS but I assume it’s the same
Are you referring to the bonus MQD/MQD earnings or MQM/MQD earnings on award flights? The bonus MQM/MQD earnings ended on 12/31/21. They only extended the MQM/MQD earnings on award flights (with no bonus). You have to read the extension notice carefully as it can be a bit confusing.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 20, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Does anyone have a link to the award ticket earning information page? I just recently booked a handful of award flights and the agent helping me apply some GUC's on the phone said award tickets are back to pre covid rules: they don't earn any MQM's or MQD's. I double checked the website and the earning chart says the same so I cancelled and repurchased them as all cash + miles tickets (and ultimately used about 40k more SkyMiles in the process because I want to earn the MQM's). If straight up award tickets are still earning MQM's and MQD's then I'll definitely go through the process of cancelling and repurchasing again. Just need confirmation. Thanks.

OPS
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattya9
Does anyone have a link to the award ticket earning information page? I just recently booked a handful of award flights and the agent helping me apply some GUC's on the phone said award tickets are back to pre covid rules: they don't earn any MQM's or MQD's. I double checked the website and the earning chart says the same so I cancelled and repurchased them as all cash + miles tickets (and ultimately used about 40k more SkyMiles in the process because I want to earn the MQM's). If straight up award tickets are still earning MQM's and MQD's then I'll definitely go through the process of cancelling and repurchasing again. Just need confirmation. Thanks.

OPS
https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...on-accelerator

"And now, earn toward Status on Award Travel and Miles + Cash tickets through December 31, 2022. Terms apply."

Normally, neither Awards nor Miles + Cash tickets earn anything towards status (only Pay with Miles flights earned MQM/MQS/MQD credit prior to Covid with MQD only awarded on cash portion). Pay with Miles is not the same thing as Miles + Cash.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Data point: A week ago, I earned MQMs and MQDs on an award ticket automatically as expected.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
1) The Accelerator (meaning you earn 1.5 to 1.75 normal SkyMiles on both award and cash tickets) ended on December 31, 2021.

2) Earning MQM, MQS and MQD on Award flights for was extended into 2022. These flights earn a “normal” 1x (it is confusing because there never was non-accelerated earnings on award flights before 2021)

3) I had an award flight recently and applied an RUC to one leg. I automatically received MQM. Agents are probably confusing all of this as well. Normal award flights earn MQM in 2022
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:02 pm

2) My FC award ticket earned 150% MQMs and one MQD per hundred RDMs used. I never pay attention to MQSs.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
2) My FC award ticket earned 150% MQMs and one MQD per hundred RDMs used. I never pay attention to MQSs.
Last year, the same booking would have gotten 262.5% MQMs (normal 150% first class bonus times the 175% accelerator) while the MQD would have been 1.75 MQD per hundred RDMs used
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Last year, the same booking would have gotten 262.5% MQMs (normal 150% first class bonus times the 175% accelerator) while the MQD would have been 1.75 MQD per hundred RDMs used
I know. I took advantage of that on several tickets (but it didn't matter and I just became an extended DM). Sadly, those days are gone, although I still like being able to earn MQMs and MQDs on award tickets this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.