Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New DL Domestic First-Class Product (Photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Domestic First-Class Product (Photos)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
The other is the divider under the seat....when buying two F seats with a companion you get all three spaces under the seats in front of you. My wife and I usually use two spaces for our personal items (and the convenience of grabbing a book or snack from our bags without getting up and opening the overhead), leaving one space open for extra room for my feet. This design makes that impossible.
I totally missed this on first look... that's nuts. It seems like they think you can store something down there... but what? Yeah, between the additional wall at elbow level and this, the seat seems to be trying to eliminate all storage and personal space and replace them with walls
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
I agree with the posters who say it looks like there's no padding.
And while probably not a popular opinion, domestic seats should not be capable of reclining IMO - at least not when they impact the seat behind. These actually look like they will be worse for that (based on the monitor angle adjustment capability) - I have to wonder how someone could do anything (including use their tray for their meal) when the person in front of them is leaned back.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Not bad. I'm okay with the little winglets around your head but I'd love it if the aisle side had them extend down a bit to help guard your shoulder from wayward carts/bags/pax.

.... But why the brown tweed?

Last edited by photojojo; Mar 14, 2022 at 10:41 am
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I don't think this is a fixed shell seat. It looks like the seat reclines in a conventional method and the privacy flaps are just affixed to the headrest.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by 1P
Pitch looks terrible.....
The picture tells you nothing about pitch. Those are 2 rows of seats attached to separate floorboards placed how the camera wanted it.

I do admit I am stunned the picture did not show a 40 inch pitch :-)

On the comments about "looks like PS", IMO they are the same product. Might as well be the same seats.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Looks like even less under seat storage. I also question how well the material around the power ports and headphone jack will wear, and how difficult it will be to clean. If the pitch remains the same, I'd likely just prefer the current seats. It's funny how over the years the first class seats have gotten thinner and thinner.

Will these new seats come with improved soft service and meals? That would be something.
findark likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
I agree with the posters who say it looks like there's no padding.
And while probably not a popular opinion, domestic seats should not be capable of reclining IMO - at least not when they impact the seat behind. These actually look like they will be worse for that (based on the monitor angle adjustment capability) - I have to wonder how someone could do anything (including use their tray for their meal) when the person in front of them is leaned back.
These will likely be eventually used on shorter, low yield Western European flights.

Person reclining in front will have zero impact on person behind.
sspontak likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I don't think this is a fixed shell seat. It looks like the seat reclines in a conventional method and the privacy flaps are just affixed to the headrest.
Its very clear in pictures that seat is in a shell.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Originally Posted by flyerCO
TPG article indicates that it is not a fixed shell.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Titanium National EE
As a tall person with broad shoulders, this seat is an absolute dumpster fire. Not only does the pitch get reduced when reclined, but those wings will hit me right at shoulder level. Not good Delta.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Certainly makes it difficult if traveling with someone and you want to carry on a conversation!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xjoedx
TPG article indicates that it is not a fixed shell.
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Looked at TPG article. There's a picture that makes this clear. Yes, its not fixed. However it is a shell. They're not just attached to headrest. (You can see the seat back and shell are different things)

TPG picture showing in reclined position (back row, left seat)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Looked at TPG article. There's a picture that makes this clear. Yes, its not fixed. However it is a shell. They're not just attached to headrest. (You can see the seat back and shell are different things)

TPG picture showing in reclined position (back row, left seat)
reminds me of a single seat model A ford, shell n all
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:16 am

I'm liking the extra tilt on the ife. I don't mind if the person on front reclines but it does make watching a movie or map tracker a lil wonky to watch. I think these would look nice on those trans Atlantic flights.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Underseat storage??

I am neutral on the privacy parts except wondering if I will have to lean forward to look out the window. Looks to me like the cushioning is missing but won't know until I sit in one. My biggest concern is the lack of underseat storage! Can you even fit a regular backpack under either of those seats??? And what the heck is that thing in the middle for?? I like to have "my stuff" near me for longer domestic flights and have a backpack under the seat or sometimes a relatively smaller rolling computer bag. It will be a major change for my travel packing if I can no longer have one of these two items at my feet. I don't need a space for magazine storage! Perhaps we can place our laptops in the middle thingy since they can't go in the seatback pocket until in the air?

Last edited by laurieb14; Mar 18, 2022 at 5:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.