Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Winter weather 3/10 - 3/12

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
That was a white knuckle descent. 50 mph winds. Should’ve changed to MSP in retrospect.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
On the plane to HNL. Zero extra connection time
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Was just removed from 4D because that’s a pilot rest seat. So now on the other side of the aisle from p2. Oh well at least still in d1.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by slickvik
MSP or LAX are the only options, SLC sold out.
MSP would at least keep you in D1 and allow you to avoid the mess that CL currently is at LAX. However, I'm shocked that there would be a MSP-HNL seat available during spring break season.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
MSP would at least keep you in D1 and allow you to avoid the mess that CL currently is at LAX. However, I'm shocked that there would be a MSP-HNL seat available during spring break season.
there were 3 for today from MSP until a couple of days ago. I just chose ATL because more time in D1. It worked out in the end.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good, from reports here on prices, I somehow would have expected ATL-HNL to be more expensive. OTOH, anywhere from MSP is expensive since we're a prime example of a fortress hub, and people here are especially eager to escape winter at this time of year. However, if you're connecting and both routings are "legal", the routing might not make a difference. I guess sometimes married segment availability can be good.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good, from reports here on prices, I somehow would have expected ATL-HNL to be more expensive. OTOH, anywhere from MSP is expensive since we're a prime example of a fortress hub, and people here are especially eager to escape winter at this time of year. However, if you're connecting and both routings are "legal", the routing might not make a difference. I guess sometimes married segment availability can be good.
I’m from IAH so both were equally bad. Just landed in HNL. Now time to enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.