Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta unofficial PNR viewer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
I got a (respectful) request from Delta to disable this tool for a week while they make changes to the information available via the API. I will bring it back after that, presumably though without cooler things like remarks.

This information has been visible for years, but I guess FlyerTalk is enough motivation to hide them
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I got a (respectful) request from Delta to disable this tool for a week while they make changes to the information available via the API. I will bring it back after that, presumably though without cooler things like remarks.

This information has been visible for years, but I guess FlyerTalk is enough motivation to hide them
findark nailed it pretty succinctly
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
crap and just as my flight tomorrow cancelled too.

would have loved to see how that looked through the tool.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dlflyer00

All because a blogger couldn' keep their mouth shut.
Eastbay1K, Spiff, ebayj and 15 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyerCO
All because a blogger couldn' keep their mouth shut.
Delta would have stumbled across this eventually. Shame it has to be taken down in its current form.
MotelRomeo likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Wanna bet they arent updating anything so this wont come back up anytime soon. Just host it yourself privately.
volabam likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cubeman
Wanna bet they arent updating anything so this wont come back up anytime soon.
That would be the ideal scenario. If they don't update anything, then when OP turns it back on in a week, we'll still have full functionality. Sadly, I expect they are updating things
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
That would be the ideal scenario. If they don't update anything, then when OP turns it back on in a week, we'll still have full functionality. Sadly, I expect they are updating things
They'll send another message or letter stating they arent ready and to take it down. Game companies have done this with user mods and clients (and arent cheating programs).

I doubt Delta IT is gonna modify the PNR records or modify the Delta app to only pull info securely/encrypted if thats even possible with their current infrastructure
flyerCO likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM
IANAL, but assuming OP reverse engineered the API calls that the mobile app was using, I don't believe they can legally enforce a shutdown. They could obviously ban users from the airline, but they couldn't sue you to take it down.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by misteryub
IANAL, but assuming OP reverse engineered the API calls that the mobile app was using, I don't believe they can legally enforce a shutdown. They could obviously ban users from the airline, but they couldn't sue you to take it down.
It also sounds like this is something you could easily see with just your web browser too. I don't have any upcoming bookings right now, but it sounds like all this information is just being returned from a standard API call, so you should be able to find all of it in your browser's developer tools under the network tab...
darthbimmer and volabam like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
And even if they did enforce it somehow, that doesn't solve anything, 20 more people will do the same thing. I think they'll either care enough to secure it or they won't care enough and leave it alone.
volabam likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
And even if they did enforce it somehow, that doesn't solve anything, 20 more people will do the same thing. I think they'll either care enough to secure it or they won't care enough and leave it alone.
I think the notes are a biggy which is what they want to resolve or stomp down quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if they dumped the note section and created a new piece of software just for that if they can't stop it from being pulled. Surprised we haven't seen a post of a note saying "Customer is a ###hat"
defrosted likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cubeman
I think the notes are a biggy which is what they want to resolve or stomp down quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if they dumped the note section and created a new piece of software just for that if they can't stop it from being pulled. Surprised we haven't seen a post of a note saying "Customer is a ###hat"
What are you saying? All FT peeps are outstanding and kind to the airline staff!

Well I agree with you they want to do it quickly, the next question is what will break when they turn it off? With that in mind they may not move so quickly.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends on the TOS that apply.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM
Depends on the TOS that apply.
It would hard/ impossible to enforce a TOS or anything legal relating to this. The fact of the matter is, Delta has had this information available on their public APIs for who knows how long. They decide what is sent and available via those APIs. There is no hacking involved here. Just looking at data that has long been available in an easier way. They can't get too mad for their sloppy backend and poor design decisions by them. Don't want us to see this information Delta? Take it off your public API, otherwise move on.
volabam and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.