Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Medallion on KLM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Medallion on KLM

Hello
PM flying KLM for first time with 2 companions.
So far, nothing has been easy or smooth with this booking.

Although originally booked as one PNR 1 person’s reservation was broken off onto separate confirmation code, but linked back to my reservation.

The question is, all of my PM benefits should extend to all my companions on flight, correct?

Preferred seats, waived bag fees etc?

Also, does anyone have experience with upgrading individual legs with KLM? Can I buy an upgrade to a better cabin at the gate if there is availability?

Any information you believe would be helpful is appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
preferred seats do not apply to companions - only the medallion member

KLM does occasionally sell upgrades. based on availability. not sure if they still do the fixed fee price or if it's more variable now. it's been a while since I've flown KL long haul
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Since you are on a separate PNR, KLM most likely will not extend the free baggage allowance. No free preferred seats or SkyPriority benefits either. Lounge access will be granted for only 1 additional passenger and you can pay between 35-50 Euros for the additional pax (only worth it at AMS Non-Schengen lounge).

Upgrades are sold starting 72 hours or during OLCI, data points are available on the AF/KL forum upgrade thread.
RhinoDL likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
Just finished a KLM trip AMS-GVA-AMS and had a fine experience. We checked several bags (4) between my partner and I; Sky lane was used for ticketing and security; boarded in group 2
both times. Due to the Covid/passport issues we did not get BP on return until at GVA airport so I didn’t notice any offer for upgrade via the app. We purchased tickets using FB points and it was odd that I could get preferred seats but not for my partner; it was so short it didn’t really matter to us.

Last edited by RhinoDL; Mar 6, 2022 at 12:31 am
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RhinoDL
Just finished a KLM trip AMS-GVA-AMS and had a fine experience. We checked several bags (4) between my partner and I; Sky lane was used for ticketing and security; boarded in group 2
both times. Due to the Covid/passport issues we did not get BP on return until at GVA airport so I didn’t notice any offer for upgrade via the app. We purchased tickets using FB points and it was odd that I could get preferred seats but not for my partner; it was so short it didn’t really matter to us.
Even if you cannot get the BP on the app, you can check the seatmap to see if seats are offered in the front cabin, once you select them, it tells you the cost.

For such a short flight, Euro Business is not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.