Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles

List of all lie-flat routes?

List of all lie-flat routes?

Old Feb 14, 22, 7:12 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
Some flights from ATL - SFO are using the 767-300 (old D1 seats) as well as ATL - JFK as well
Is there specific days of week or month ranges where you see this? Iím looking at flights that include this leg in June and August and donít see any (all 737s or 75Ys).
Clearfield is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 1:24 am
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, involuntary FT beta tester
Posts: 16,645
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
Some flights from ATL - SFO are using the 767-300 (old D1 seats) as well as ATL - JFK as well
Originally Posted by Clearfield View Post
Is there specific days of week or month ranges where you see this? Iím looking at flights that include this leg in June and August and donít see any (all 737s or 75Ys).
You didn't specify whether you were asking about ATL-SFO or ATL-JFK but seems to end May 4th in either case (at least as currently scheduled)
Zorak is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 1:58 am
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 19,672
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
You didn't specify whether you were asking about ATL-SFO or ATL-JFK but seems to end May 4th in either case (at least as currently scheduled)
For Mar 7th - Apr 3rd, there's also an A330 on ATL-SFO (3-class 333 model).
xliioper is online now  
Old Feb 15, 22, 2:43 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLL ✈ ZRH ✈ MSP ✈✈✈✈
Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Posts: 156
JFK - LAX and LAX - JFK has D1 Lie Flat Routes.
NWA777 is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 2:59 am
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 19,672
Originally Posted by NWA777 View Post
JFK - LAX and LAX - JFK has D1 Lie Flat Routes.
OP was specifically asking about the non-D1 domestic routes where DL is currently flying lie-flat D1 equipment. The domestic D1 routes (which have lie-flat D1 equipment as part of D1 service), are already a known.
xliioper is online now  
Old Feb 15, 22, 7:03 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York City
Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
Posts: 1,232
Originally Posted by Clearfield View Post
Is there specific days of week or month ranges where you see this? Iím looking at flights that include this leg in June and August and donít see any (all 737s or 75Ys).
At least from SFO - ATL the DL 768 (6:15AM departure), DL 1075 (8AM departure), DL 555 (11:59AM departure) all seem to be 767-300
LDNConsultant is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 8:01 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 19,672
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
At least from SFO - ATL the DL 768 (6:15AM departure), DL 1075 (8AM departure), DL 555 (11:59AM departure) all seem to be 767-300
Poster was asking about June and August. The 767's (and A330 in March) are currently only scheduled through May 4th. After that, the ATL-SFO route reverts to a combination of 737s and 757s as widebodies will be needed for TATL flights.
xliioper is online now  
Old Feb 15, 22, 12:50 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
At least from SFO - ATL the DL 768 (6:15AM departure), DL 1075 (8AM departure), DL 555 (11:59AM departure) all seem to be 767-300
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Poster was asking about June and August. The 767's (and A330 in March) are currently only scheduled through May 4th. After that, the ATL-SFO route reverts to a combination of 737s and 757s as widebodies will be needed for TATL flights.
Yes, was asking about later months, but thanks for the heads up LDN - I do see those 767 flights.
Clearfield is offline  
Old Feb 22, 22, 1:49 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA - Seattle area
Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Posts: 439
My SEA-MSP flight a few days ago had the 757 with the lie-flat seats (Delta 1109, February 17, 2022). A relatively short daytime flight, but I was really tired and regretted having not burned an RUC to have a shot at one (SEA-MSP is a "tough upgrade" as it connects two hubs).
andrewk829 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 22, 9:40 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 599
With this thread being recreated often, I feel this topic is worthy of a sticky.
tardyturtle is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 7:08 pm
  #26  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 840
Originally Posted by tardyturtle View Post
With this thread being recreated often, I feel this topic is worthy of a sticky.
Did this ever happen and I'm just not finding it? I recently found a very surprising one: ATL-CVG.
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 7:21 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, AA PLT, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,176
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
Did this ever happen and I'm just not finding it? I recently found a very surprising one: ATL-CVG.
Domestic Wide-Body Opportunities: The Definitive Thread
*This thread was pretty accurate and updated frequently up until COVID hit. The data, particularly in the Wiki, is out of date now.
**The FT search function isnít great - if Iím looking for a specific thread I find itís easier to Google for it. In this case I put ďDelta domestic widebody FlyerTalkĒ into Google and the thread I was looking for was the first return.

As for ATL-CVG, it was once a route with very frequent widebody service when CVG was a full-fledge hub. It has seen widebodies creep off and on the schedule. I got a 767-300 on ATL-CVG back in November.
ATOBTTR is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 8:21 pm
  #28  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 19,672
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
Did this ever happen and I'm just not finding it? I recently found a very surprising one: ATL-CVG.
The ATL-CVG flights just serve to rotate 763's through CVG for CVG-CDG flights DL228/DL229 which restart on August 2nd at 3x weekly.
Duke787 and flyerfirsts like this.
xliioper is online now  
Old Jul 11, 22, 9:06 pm
  #29  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.4MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 19,315
DL1681 SEA-IAD-SEA turn gets a 75S for the next few weeks (it’s sold as domestic F, and I have a pair of Fri evening returns booked; already FCMd one of ‘em for $325)
jrl767 is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 10:49 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 599
With the Wiki being challenging to keep up to date, I typically rely on the Delta Cargo schedule
https://www.deltacargo.com/content/d...icSchedule.pdf
tardyturtle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread