Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Traveling with special needs child and masks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling with special needs child and masks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bhomburg
Th current federal mask mandate is set to expire March 18 and an extension looks not very likely.
If your flight isn't until April, I`d wait until after that date before arranging an exemption.
Exemptions must be done on date of travel. You have an interview with someone from the Mayo clinic. They then approve/deny exemption.

OP don't say she has a hard time with masks. This isn't grounds for Exemption. You need to point out her exact disability and facts like she can't or wouldn't know to remove mask in emergency, that you would be the one that has to put it on/take off cause she can't. This is difference between medical grounds and her just being difficult with masks.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by BenC2000
I'd contact Delta as well. However, last year I took my kids on their first flight, 4 year old didn't want to wear her mask at all really. FA's didn't give is a problem at all, I apologized and they said its completely understandable and that's why they didn't say anything.

Some parents can't be bothered. Even some adults don't want to comply.

It's a big extra burden to depend on the flight attendants to keep everyone in compliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.