Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy Modifications

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by DCWeasel
If it were you, what would you choose? I currently have an open jaw booked SLC-CDG (right now A339 though I'm aware that can change) and returning AMS-SLC (A332). To fly D1 eastbound and PS on return is going to be 150k skymiles, and D1 round trip would be 210k. Initially I thought to do PS return since I won't need to sleep but if it's really just a more comfy C+ seat it may be with another 60k miles to do D1. Thoughts - especially from anyone who has recently flown TATL PS?
D1 on the way over and coach on the way back. If you are a Medallion, take an exit row in C and the experience will be better/at least the same as PS.

I flew ATL-AMS in PS on the A359 and MUC-ATL on the 763 in C (exit row) and the 763 flight was much better in terms of space (with the exception of the small, less responsive TV screen). Food and service are the same.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:09 pm

Oddly enough the main cabin fare is 134k - not a significant savings. At this point I'm all in on the D1 fare. Miles have been piling up for a while, might as well! And currently the equipment is A339 both ways so hopefully that will hold true and I'll get the suites.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Regarding the seats in PE, are the leg rest useful? I am 5’9” and was wondering if I would find it comfortable to use this feature.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLTRob
Regarding the seats in PE, are the leg rest useful? I am 5’9” and was wondering if I would find it comfortable to use this feature.
I'm about your height found them useful. After you elevate the leg rest, there's a flap you need to fold up to put your feet on and the foot rest can be extended out several inches to provide more space.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:40 am

On a flight from AMS to JFK, they further cheapened the experience by providing Comfort+ amenity kits. The food is same as economy.

​​​​​
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PS is the new C+.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PS is the new C+.
This was my first experience with premium economy, and I was thoroughly disappointed. After this experience, i think I'm ok paying $100-$200 over economy, but I would hesitate to pay more.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PS is the new C+.
Just call it C+ and drop the PS name entirely. C+ far more accurately describes the product. You get a comfortable seat. Narrow body planes have the normal extra legroom seats for C+. The widebodies get the nicer seats. No service difference

For the 757 domestic that flies to Iceland and other close in trans Atlantic destinations, simply call the front cabin North American First, not PS
smartytravel likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by smartytravel
This was my first experience with premium economy, and I was thoroughly disappointed. After this experience, i think I'm ok paying $100-$200 over economy, but I would hesitate to pay more.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that the food is the same in PS as C+, making the delta not so great (pun intended). It's certainly not worth a big spend.
CowGirlMoo likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
On a flight from AMS to JFK, they further cheapened the experience by providing Comfort+ amenity kits. The food is same as economy.

​​​​​
I don’t mind the amenity kits since they’re always kind of a waste and even D1 is nothing to write home about (I had real PS amenity kits on a flight to LHR in October and it was kinda meh) but the food issue needs to be changed already.

I’m flying to JFK Rome and from Milan in A333 PS next week and I’m ok with paying $150 extra because I’ll just eat dinner at the lounge and it is a significantly more comfortable seat for me than C+ for a redeye but I know that others may have a different situation or opinion. It’s just annoying and somewhat insulting.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by urifin
I don’t mind the amenity kits since they’re always kind of a waste and even D1 is nothing to write home about (I had real PS amenity kits on a flight to LHR in October and it was kinda meh) but the food issue needs to be changed already.

I’m flying to JFK Rome and from Milan in A333 PS next week and I’m ok with paying $150 extra because I’ll just eat dinner at the lounge and it is a significantly more comfortable seat for me than C+ for a redeye but I know that others may have a different situation or opinion. It’s just annoying and somewhat insulting.
Out of sheer curiosity, I looked at PS prices for my destination at different times of the year. Now, Delta wants 2X price of economy. That's sick.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Out of sheer curiosity, I looked at PS prices for my destination at different times of the year. Now, Delta wants 2X price of economy. That's sick.
I bought the tickets in the beginning of February. A lot has changed in the world since then and I’m sure the airlines don’t mind taking advantage of it.

Premium Economy to Europe with Skyteam is also kinda tricky because it’s basically down to only Delta and AF having real ones (KLM and ITA doesn’t have one and VS is not really skyteam) so you’re kinda stuck with limited supply.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
This is starting to be noticed off flyertalk as well

Here is a Reddit thread scathing DL for the PS experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/delta/comme...ct_experience/
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta
I flew PS from CDG to DTW yesterday and was very disappointed. Yes, the seat was more comfortable than C+ and I did get a D1 amenity kit (the Tumi one; but got one of the new ones on the D1 flight from DTW - CDG). The main cabin food was sad, the bamboo cutlery a joke, and the service was lacking. There was no separate drink service: just lunch + drink and then the pre-landing hot snack + drink.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
I like the PS seats, but it does seem like they could serve a better meal, too, for the difference in cost. I haven't flown AF in a long time, but I may have a look at that for my next booking.

PS has the same service as C+ and Main. So it's basically C++.
MSPeconomist and FabCW like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.