CLT-MSP No Breakfast in F

Old Jan 18, 22, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ringer909 View Post
Have you seen what Delta is offering for breakfast these days? I almost think their intention is to make it so unappealing passengers won’t miss it.

I, for one, would say get rid of meals on flights less than 1500 miles. Maybe offer some upgraded snacks the time of day. I always wonder why people make such a big deal about getting fed on a plane. You’re paying a premium for not real good food. Most will survive the duration of the flight without a meal.
Yes, I have seen what they are offering and it is not acceptable. I do not agree on getting rid of meals of flights less than 1500. I survived just fine on the flight, and we had enough snacks for the kids. I feel that meal service helps break up the flight, and it is very helpful when traveling with children so they can get breakfast at a normal time and not just at 5:30 AM when leaving the hotel and they are barely awake.
Old Jan 18, 22, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer View Post
Yes, write to customer service indicating breakfast was listed on the App, but was not served. Same for no-working IFE. People have reported decent amount of SkyMiles, and you can build up a decent balance of SkyMiles due to Delta's own IT/service issues. You'll be amazed that they will reward you 100 USD in SkyMiles for lack of catering, but not willing to cater minimal cost food products, or not update their IT system to the presence or lack of meal service.

No one has any clue of when PDB will come back.
Thanks for the feedback, if I can get 10k miles or so out of the situation I will feel that is fair. It is a short flight, but if they advertise breakfast follow through. They have cut enough services already.
Spiff, HaleiwaFlyer and mnhusker like this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
I had the same issue in December on a flight from BNA to BOS. It met all the 'Delta requirements' for breakfast, but there was no breakfast and no explanation.

In my experience with flying Delta the past 2-3 months, the only thing that's been consistent is the inconsistency.

It's not about 'getting fed on the plane', its providing what you ADVERTISED. Its not about 'survival', its about being able to plan based upon what Delta says they will provide.

We should stop making excuses for poor service.

It's been annoying with Delta (especially flying a 'Delta partner'), lately. If they charge a premium, they should provide a premium service and product. And they haven't been.
Well said. I couldn't agree more. As I mentioned in the original post, I am just fed up with Delta. I am Platinum for the past few years, but have started booking elsewhere more and more.
Old Jan 18, 22, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
Yes, you should file a feedback note about this, but really, if the flight was miscatered, I'm not sure what you expected the FA to do.
I didn't expect the flight attendant to do anything other than confirm there was a mistake. To just shrug it off and say this is not a breakfast flight and walk away was just being rude. I know FAs are fed up with working conditions, so I am not even upset about the interaction. Just think it was a poor look for Delta. I am learning to readjust expectations with FAs and it helps reduce the disappointing service and makes me really appreciate the crews that still hustle.
Old Jan 18, 22, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bear96 View Post
If the question is, Is it worth it to complain about only getting a snack tray instead of a cold breakfast box, I would say No. Is there really that much difference between a cold breakfast box and choosing a few things from the snack tray?

And correct that one complaint won't change anything. Neither will a hundred. Only taking your business elsewhere will change anything, and the other CLT-MSP options these days are also pretty dismal. So again (IMO) No, it is not worth complaining.

Unless it would make you feel better. In which case I would say, Go ahead.
At this point not much of a difference between snack tray and cold breakfast, but there is some.

I took your advice since it makes me feel better. Thanks for the tip.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by polska View Post
I didn't expect the flight attendant to do anything other than confirm there was a mistake. To just shrug it off and say this is not a breakfast flight and walk away was just being rude. I know FAs are fed up with working conditions, so I am not even upset about the interaction. Just think it was a poor look for Delta. I am learning to readjust expectations with FAs and it helps reduce the disappointing service and makes me really appreciate the crews that still hustle.
there is a HUGE delta in FA performance from the good ones to the bad ones. I don't think this is DL specific, but it is reality on DL, that is for sure.
I still do think there are more over-performers then under though this may be route specific.
PS you should definitely file a complaint about un-catered breakfast boxes - I wonder if they were possibly mistakenly given to the passengers on a late flight the night before (who should have received snack boxes)
Spiff and BamaGirl like this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 9:36 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
At least bring back the fresh bananas in a snack basket.

I can suffer even longer flights with a banana and endless mimosas
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Right. I harp on the long-ago discontinuation of meals on DTW-East Coast flights because, if you have a 5:30 pm flight to, e.g., PHL, if there's no meal (or at least a satisfying snack such as a salad or a good sandwich), you have to either eat dinner at DTW at around 4:00, or wait until arrival, which means, given picking up a rental car and driving to one's destination, dinner at 9:00 (assuming 7:30 arrival at PHL). It's about eating at normal human being hours.
Good luck finding many restaurants in Minneapolis that are willing to seat you for dinner at 9:00 pm.
Old Jan 18, 22, 12:33 pm

My guess is that most FAs don't really know which routes have meal service or not, they get on the plane and if it's catered for meals, they serve them, and if it's not, then obviously it's not a meal flight.

Even if they do know it's probably easier to just say "this isn't a meal flight" than to get into a discussion of why the plane was miscatered, etc.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:26 pm

Programs: Home Office Plan
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
My guess is that most FAs don't really know which routes have meal service or not, they get on the plane and if it's catered for meals, they serve them, and if it's not, then obviously it's not a meal flight.

Even if they do know it's probably easier to just say "this isn't a meal flight" than to get into a discussion of why the plane was miscatered, etc.
Yup. All of the catering companies are having problems: Staff shortages due to the labor market constraints, and covid have combined with supply chain problems to create this problem. The missing meals are not due to the evil machinations of the corporate office. I expect we will see a gradual return to satisfactory service a few months from now.
Old Jan 18, 22, 1:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer View Post
Yup. All of the catering companies are having problems: Staff shortages due to the labor market constraints, and covid have combined with supply chain problems to create this problem. The missing meals are not due to the evil machinations of the corporate office. I expect we will see a gradual return to satisfactory service a few months from now.
I don’t think anyone accused Delta of being evil, just inconsistent in the delivery of their products as advertised. I give them a 7 out of 10.
Old Jan 18, 22, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Ringer909 View Post
I always wonder why people make such a big deal about getting fed on a plane. You’re paying a premium for not real good food. Most will survive the duration of the flight without a meal.
All of us will also survive in the back of Economy. But when people pay the premium for domestic F, with its not-real-good-seat and not-real-good-service, it's fair (except for very short routes) to expect the benefit of something halfway-substantial to eat on the flight.
Old Jan 18, 22, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
I think it was bad catering, but also lazy FA. Either way, sent in a complaint. Nice to know what others have received as compensation. Thanks.
I complained last year because our paid FC tickets to Maui were supposed receive a meal per the app. This was even before the boxed meals were introduced, so literally all we received was a Ziploc bag with Cheezits and Dasani. The good news is, our FA was outstanding and we gave him excellent marks in an email to Delta. I think we got 20k miles each, although we also had IFE issues so we might have gotten more Skymiles as a result.
Old Jan 18, 22, 7:21 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer View Post
I expect we will see a gradual return to satisfactory service a few months from now.
Wasn’t Delta suppose to resume meal service June/July 2021? Look at where we are at now
Old Jan 18, 22, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer View Post
Wasn’t Delta suppose to resume meal service June/July 2021? Look at where we are at now

sad boxes are what Delta call meals that taste like carboard. Best not to open and only use them for flotation device in case of emergency

Search this Thread