Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by VFR
I wonder what the hours of the Delta check-in counter at E are… perhaps customers coming off certain flights can go up to E departures and recheck their bag there.

This is so strange to me. I’d encourage folks that have experienced this to write DL.
Wouldn't be a great idea unless you want your bags headed back to Europe!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Peatisback
A few weeks back flew PUJ-BOS-CVG. A ramp agent was actually at the E re-check desk telling people they had to take their bags over to A. Counter agent there treated it as if the bags had never been checked in the first place and required IDs etc.. Wasn't a great experience with three kids in tow.
I would definitely write a note to Delta about this. Last time I checked, Delta is a major carrier and should staff the E re-check counter. Seems silly to me.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by adhiren
No there are no DL recheck facilities in E as me and the others on DL59 arriving from LHR found out when we tried going to that area. An AA employee was there at least and she seemed very frustrated at having to tell everyone as they came thru from customs that DL doesn't come there. There's also no DL signage or employee in the whole terminal it seems other than the guy saying 'thank you' when you first step off the plane and sign saying 'DL departures to Paris, London and Amsterdam are now at Terminal E'
Thanks that is what I was wondering about, I will stick to the more traditional hubs for the time being, as Delta has not worked out the kinks. I think JFK is annoying, and BOS seems worse for an international connection,
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:03 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by adhiren
An AA employee was there at least and she seemed very frustrated at having to tell everyone as they came thru from customs that DL doesn't come there.
BOS isn’t a hub for AA either so it seems odd that AA can manage to staff the baggage recheck desk but DL can’t.

Also, international arrivals have always gone to E, so what did DL do in the past? Surely they sold some connections via BOS in the past.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by pharmflyer

Just landed in BOS and saw this, looks like AMS, LHR, and CDG leave from E beginning on 3/29
The signs have been updated (or I guess pasted over) to include FCO as well:

Also funnily enough both the DL and AZ BOS-FCO flights depart at the same time (5:15pm) and today they went out from E8 and E9, so making sure people got on the right flights must have been fun for the GAs working the flight...
Old May 6, 2022, 8:18 pm

When they get to higher season, if I have this right, they can add EDI, LIS, ATH, TLV; just leave off DUB, which arrives and departs at A.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Reading through this thread makes me glad I chose a connection with 3 hours in BOS. I was looking for GUC availability to LHR from ATL, and of course the non-stop is never available, so I'm transiting through BOS on the way to LHR and through DTW on the way back to ATL. I'm airport savvy, but I hate having to leave security and re-clear in transit. Hopefully by June 13, the VS Club House will be re-opened. What all of you say about the AF lounge sounds dreadful.
Old May 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I have a late-September LGA-BOS-LHR flight in D1 with a 2-hour afternoon connection and a likely terminal change from A to E. I know the flight is not for a while but should I be concerned? The only alternative would be to leave JFK at 2.5hrs before.

(the routing was chosen because D1 via Boston is half the price for the dates we’re looking for)
Old May 7, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by urifin
I have a late-September LGA-BOS-LHR flight in D1 with a 2-hour afternoon connection and a likely terminal change from A to E. I know the flight is not for a while but should I be concerned? The only alternative would be to leave JFK at 2.5hrs before.

(the routing was chosen because D1 via Boston is half the price for the dates we’re looking for)
If you're concerned about the A to E transfer I wouldn't be worried — I walked from the exit near A11 (i.e. the one furthest away from the connector) to E security in 10 minutes yesterday. Plus even if you have bags they'd be checked through and transferred for you, so no need to worry about those.

However what would concern me is if there's any sort of weather in LGA or BOS the day you're flying — the afternoon/evening LGA-BOS flights are very vulnerable to weather delays, so if the forecast isn't looking good I'd try to switch to an earlier LGA-BOS flight the day of. As an additional potential buffer if your LGA-BOS flight is late there's always the VS flight departing at 10pm, which you shouldn't have any problem being rebooked onto if Upper isn't full.

That said an argument for booking JFK-BOS-LHR instead is (1) JFK usually deals with weather better than LGA (e.g., yesterday when it was raining in NYC all day all the JFK-BOS flights went on time, but 4 of the afternoon/evening LGA-BOS flights had 2+ hour delays), and (2) if things go south with JFK-BOS you can easily get rebooked on the many JFK-LHR nonstops
Old May 9, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta
I can confirm that DL have a fully-staffed transfer desk for international arrivals at E. I just arrived from London.
Old May 19, 2022, 8:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Hi all ... I booked my parents on BOS-CDG in D1 next month and they don't fly often so trying to give them as much detailed guidance as I can. Have read through this thread but wanted to confirm a few things to make sure I'm not leading them astray:
  • I assume there is a Delta check-in counter at E for local originating passengers?
  • It sounds like they would be directed to use the Air France lounge as D1 passengers? Which I know is not the best. I added them as authorized users on my Amex Platinum so they could potentially use the Virgin Clubhouse instead, I don't know if that's likely to be any less crowded? I know neither one is very big.
  • Anything else I should call out for them about the E departures experience?
Many thanks!
Old May 19, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by truncated
If you're concerned about the A to E transfer I wouldn't be worried — I walked from the exit near A11 (i.e. the one furthest away from the connector) to E security in 10 minutes yesterday. Plus even if you have bags they'd be checked through and transferred for you, so no need to worry about those.

However what would concern me is if there's any sort of weather in LGA or BOS the day you're flying — the afternoon/evening LGA-BOS flights are very vulnerable to weather delays, so if the forecast isn't looking good I'd try to switch to an earlier LGA-BOS flight the day of. As an additional potential buffer if your LGA-BOS flight is late there's always the VS flight departing at 10pm, which you shouldn't have any problem being rebooked onto if Upper isn't full.

That said an argument for booking JFK-BOS-LHR instead is (1) JFK usually deals with weather better than LGA (e.g., yesterday when it was raining in NYC all day all the JFK-BOS flights went on time, but 4 of the afternoon/evening LGA-BOS flights had 2+ hour delays), and (2) if things go south with JFK-BOS you can easily get rebooked on the many JFK-LHR nonstops
yeah I switched to a 4-hour BOS layover instead of 2, still out of LGA. If the flight shows up on time I’ll just spend extra at the Virgin lounge, but I’ll keep my eyes open in case weather plays a part. Thanks!
Old May 19, 2022, 11:52 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Is the Virgin Clubhouse in BOS open?
Old May 19, 2022, 11:54 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by VFR
Is the Virgin Clubhouse in BOS open?
It looks like no, though the Virgin website mentions reopening this "spring", so if there's any validity to that then in theory it could happen any time.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Hi all ... I booked my parents on BOS-CDG in D1 next month and they don't fly often so trying to give them as much detailed guidance as I can. Have read through this thread but wanted to confirm a few things to make sure I'm not leading them astray:
  • I assume there is a Delta check-in counter at E for local originating passengers?
  • It sounds like they would be directed to use the Air France lounge as D1 passengers? Which I know is not the best. I added them as authorized users on my Amex Platinum so they could potentially use the Virgin Clubhouse instead, I don't know if that's likely to be any less crowded? I know neither one is very big.
  • Anything else I should call out for them about the E departures experience?
Many thanks!
Yep there are DL counters at E — they're all the way at the far end of the check-in hall (i.e. the end farthest from C). The AF lounge is pretty meh but unclear when the VS clubhouse will reopen (it's had the reopening in spring verbiage since April), so I wouldn't get their hopes or expectations up.
bgriff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.