Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tpa220
Just connected in Boston from A to E and they now have behind-security bus that supposedly runs every 20 minutes. I had to wait closer to 30 minutes but it beat having to do the walk and go through security again. (it just started this week so they're still training the drivers and working out the kinks)
Glad they started that. Is there any signage for where to go? Wondering by what gates the bus stops and how long the trip on the bus is, and if they only have 1 running.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by rylan
Glad they started that. Is there any signage for where to go? Wondering by what gates the bus stops and how long the trip on the bus is, and if they only have 1 running.
I didn't see much signage but was instructed by an agent to go to gate A11. When you get closer, you see signage for the shuttle. Once they check your passport and boarding pass, you sit in a cordoned off waiting area until the shuttle shows up. The trip itself wasn't too bad (I quite enjoyed the view) and wasn't more than 10 minutes.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:44 am

Just connected in Boston from A to E and they now have behind-security bus that supposedly runs every 20 minutes. I had to wait closer to 30 minutes but it beat having to do the walk and go through security again. (it just started this week so they're still training the drivers and working out the kinks) The AF lounge is accessible for SkyTeam Elite Plus and the VS lounge is accessible to Delta Gold / Platinum / Diamond Medallions. I opted for the VS lounge even though it was farther from my gate. A bit quieter but not as many food choices as they used to have.
As well as those that have the American Express Platinum card I believe?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I didn't see much signage but was instructed by an agent to go to gate A11. When you get closer, you see signage for the shuttle. Once they check your passport and boarding pass, you sit in a cordoned off waiting area until the shuttle shows up. The trip itself wasn't too bad (I quite enjoyed the view) and wasn't more than 10 minutes.
Good to hear your trip was short, but wouldn't that route face delays for every single aircraft pushback from terminal B and C, causing another few minutes delay? Also, how large a bus was it?

Also, people going from E to A will not be able to use this airside bus as they will need to be rescreened.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
As well as those that have the American Express Platinum card I believe?
The lounge is not yet listed on the Plaza Premium website so one would have to try their luck with their platinum card.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:31 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The lounge is not yet listed on the Plaza Premium website so one would have to try their luck with their platinum card.
I'm flying JetBlue next Friday, so I intend to try my luck then.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Just connected in Boston from A to E and they now have behind-security bus that supposedly runs every 20 minutes. I had to wait closer to 30 minutes but it beat having to do the walk and go through security again. (it just started this week so they're still training the drivers and working out the kinks) The AF lounge is accessible for SkyTeam Elite Plus and the VS lounge is accessible to Delta Gold / Platinum / Diamond Medallions. I opted for the VS lounge even though it was farther from my gate. A bit quieter but not as many food choices as they used to have.
I noticed they took down the menus from the Clubhouse webpage, is it still the better option over the AF lounge for food/drinks?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Thank you for the info on the VS lounge. To clarify, do you have to be flying to LHR as a DM/PM to enter or just be flying DL/VS anywhere in the terminal?

hoping to access it either via Amex Plat or status/class on future flight to AMS
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Terminal E is expanding.

What nobody has mentioned is the Terminal E expansion that is almost done. Delta is putting a skyclub in it (unofficial quote from a SkyClub worker) and there will be more gates and room for more clubs. Should be nice.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by skydelt
I noticed they took down the menus from the Clubhouse webpage, is it still the better option over the AF lounge for food/drinks?
Answering my own question - I'm in the Clubhouse now, they definitely seem like they're still working out the kinks (TVs/Coffee Makers etc). The menu is down to chicken/impossible burger, curry, and bowtie pasta, but lots of appetizer options that are still better than what AF has.
VFR likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Answering my own question - I'm in the Clubhouse now, they definitely seem like they're still working out the kinks (TVs/Coffee Makers etc). The menu is down to chicken/impossible burger, curry, and bowtie pasta, but lots of appetizer options that are still better than what AF has.
do you have to be flying to LHR to get access or are they just sending PM/DM there for all destinations?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:35 pm

So glad to hear reports of the Clubhouse open and (mostly) functioning. The AF lounge on its best day still doesn’t compare.
demkr and VFR like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SH115
What nobody has mentioned is the Terminal E expansion that is almost done. Delta is putting a skyclub in it (unofficial quote from a SkyClub worker) and there will be more gates and room for more clubs. Should be nice.
You're obviously not from the Boston area
'Almost done' on a construction project around here means at least another year...the current timeline is for Phase I to be done for the Terminal E expansion - which means 4 additional gates ready for summer 2023.
GoBob, demkr, ryanbriar and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
do you have to be flying to LHR to get access or are they just sending PM/DM there for all destinations?
Unfortunately not sure as I was flying LHR on VS for this route, but for what it's worth (which is admittedly very little), the electronic boards in E still show Delta under the AF Lounge
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:50 pm

Unfortunately not sure as I was flying LHR on VS for this route, but for what it's worth (which is admittedly very little), the electronic boards in E still show Delta under the AF Lounge
Thank you for the info. On the Clubhouse page for Boston it does say Delta One passengers can enter the lounge, with no stipulation that they have to be flying to Heathrow. But they show that on every page. Will be nice if someone is flying to AMS/CDG or whatever and can report back on whether they were allowed in.

Amex/Loungebuddy still, however, shows the lounge as closed despite it being open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.