Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Most BOS TATL flights will depart from Terminal E starting March 29-2022

Old Jun 30, 22, 10:21 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,814
what I donít understand is why Delta didnít just sublease the virgin clubhouse. That Air France lounge is worse than you all made it sound.

Luckily my next flights will not go through Boston. And Iíll be sure to try to avoid that until this is resolved. Since I have to connect I have a long layover and having a long layover in that dump is not acceptable 😄
Orange County Commuter is offline  
Old Jun 30, 22, 1:58 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,578
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
The former AF lounge in ORD is already closed and there are some plans of T5 construction available online that shows the new club designated as "New Skyteam lounge" -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33901981-post63.html
I've seen that before but I didn't know if it was ever officially confirmed AF wouldn't re-open its own club because I am 99.9% sure Delta has said it will be a SkyClub vs an actual SkyTeam lounge ala YVR/SYD/DXB and a few others.


apparently the one at LHR T4 closed?
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter View Post
what I donít understand is why Delta didnít just sublease the virgin clubhouse. That Air France lounge is worse than you all made it sound.

Luckily my next flights will not go through Boston. And Iíll be sure to try to avoid that until this is resolved. Since I have to connect I have a long layover and having a long layover in that dump is not acceptable 😄
I think the SkyClub will actually be fairly large and bigger than the Virgin Lounge. What will be interesting to see is if they do any kind of D1 product as well. Boston will see quite a bit of international flights and will almost certainly keep growing.
Dawgfan6291 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 22, 2:39 pm
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 13,899
I can't imagine them doing a D1 lounge in BOS even with the expanded E terminal... that would mean two clubs over in E along with the 2 in A for domestic... and then what happens with those flying domestic D1 BOS-LAX?
rylan is offline  
Old Jun 30, 22, 2:49 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,814
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
I've seen that before but I didn't know if it was ever officially confirmed AF wouldn't re-open its own club because I am 99.9% sure Delta has said it will be a SkyClub vs an actual SkyTeam lounge ala YVR/SYD/DXB and a few others.


apparently the one at LHR T4 closed?

I think the SkyClub will actually be fairly large and bigger than the Virgin Lounge. What will be interesting to see is if they do any kind of D1 product as well. Boston will see quite a bit of international flights and will almost certainly keep growing.

Well it may eventually be "large and bigger" but right now it's non existent and Virgin's is empty..... I have a simple short term solution! Borrow the Virgin Lounge until you build out your new one!


Honestly with Virgin's current lack of flights out of BOS I don't see them opening that lounge anytime soon!
Orange County Commuter is offline  
Old Jun 30, 22, 4:39 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,578
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter View Post
Well it may eventually be "large and bigger" but right now it's non existent and Virgin's is empty..... I have a simple short term solution! Borrow the Virgin Lounge until you build out your new one!


Honestly with Virgin's current lack of flights out of BOS I don't see them opening that lounge anytime soon!
I mean its pretty easy to spend money that isn't yours........
Dawgfan6291 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:47 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LHR
Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by skydelt View Post
I can't understand for the life of me why the VS Boston lounge hasn't reopened, especially when VS has to now compete against AA/UA in addition to BA already being a big presence here. Add on top all of the DL/AF/VS passengers crammed into that terrible AF lounge and oof.
Don't forget they have to compete with JetBlue as well now
adhiren is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:10 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,814
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
I mean its pretty easy to spend money that isn't yours........

Actually I was thinking as a bean counter

1. Building new lounges is expensive (Delta)
2. Paying rent to Logan for space you aren't using is expensive (See Virgin)
3. Having a lounge when you have ONE flight a day is not reasonable (Virgin again)
4. I am sure there is a cost to Delta in using the AF lounge and it's also probably not getting the Amex fees for the lounge use it would in their own lounge.

win win for both parties Delta doesn't have to make a capital investment and Virgin recovers some costs
Orange County Commuter is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 10:09 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,578
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter View Post
Actually I was thinking as a bean counter

1. Building new lounges is expensive (Delta)
2. Paying rent to Logan for space you aren't using is expensive (See Virgin)
3. Having a lounge when you have ONE flight a day is not reasonable (Virgin again)
4. I am sure there is a cost to Delta in using the AF lounge and it's also probably not getting the Amex fees for the lounge use it would in their own lounge.

win win for both parties Delta doesn't have to make a capital investment and Virgin recovers some costs
but again, if you are Delta, and you are building a new club, it doesn't make sense to take over and renovate the Virgin club.

Lets say the new SkyClub cost 10 million. Renovating Virgin's club cost say 3 million.

Which would you spend, 10 million or 13 million. And while Delta is probably paying Air France a fee to use its club, it is almost certainly cents on the dollar compared to taking over and renovating the Virgin club.

and then on top of all of that, they take over the Virgin club, in less than a year when the new SkyClub opens, what do they do with the lease of the Virgin club?


And as to "well just take over the Virgin club" it sounds like the SkyClub on E will be quite a bit bigger than the Virgin space because, again, Delta isn't remotely close to being done with international growth at Boston.
Dawgfan6291 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:13 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 1,656
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
but again, if you are Delta, and you are building a new club, it doesn't make sense to take over and renovate the Virgin club.

Lets say the new SkyClub cost 10 million. Renovating Virgin's club cost say 3 million.

Which would you spend, 10 million or 13 million. And while Delta is probably paying Air France a fee to use its club, it is almost certainly cents on the dollar compared to taking over and renovating the Virgin club.

and then on top of all of that, they take over the Virgin club, in less than a year when the new SkyClub opens, what do they do with the lease of the Virgin club?


And as to "well just take over the Virgin club" it sounds like the SkyClub on E will be quite a bit bigger than the Virgin space because, again, Delta isn't remotely close to being done with international growth at Boston.


In the meantime Delta should be losing intl traffic in Boston due to the lack of seamless connections between domestic gates coupled with only the AF club
Lomapaseo is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:23 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,578
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
In the meantime Delta should be losing intl traffic in Boston due to the lack of seamless connections between domestic gates coupled with only the AF club
It is truly laughable if you honestly think most people are flying Delta (or American Or United Or Air France Or Emirates Or any other airline) based on their clubs.

Prices, schedule, loyalty, hell even product on the airplane for a few.........clubs? lol.

and lets look at who they are competing with in Boston. jetBlue? great clubs there . American? doesn't even have a club in E. Virgin/Air France/KLM, not competitors......and down the line we go.
Goldorak and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Dawgfan6291 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:52 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 1,656
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
It is truly laughable if you honestly think most people are flying Delta (or American Or United Or Air France Or Emirates Or any other airline) based on their clubs.

Prices, schedule, loyalty, hell even product on the airplane for a few.........clubs? lol.

and lets look at who they are competing with in Boston. jetBlue? great clubs there . American? doesn't even have a club in E. Virgin/Air France/KLM, not competitors......and down the line we go.
of course I don't, my reply only listed the negatives relative to Freq Flyers
Lomapaseo is offline  
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:02 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: Delta SM, ANA Bronze
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
It is truly laughable if you honestly think most people are flying Delta (or American Or United Or Air France Or Emirates Or any other airline) based on their clubs.

Prices, schedule, loyalty, hell even product on the airplane for a few.........clubs? lol.

and lets look at who they are competing with in Boston. jetBlue? great clubs there . American? doesn't even have a club in E. Virgin/Air France/KLM, not competitors......and down the line we go.
Agree nobody is picking an airline by clubs, but still: AA/United fly to LHR out of Terminal B, and both have admittedly drab, but still better than AF, lounges.
skydelt is offline  
Old Jul 2, 22, 8:20 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,108
Anyone know if flight from CBP Pre-clearance locations (eg AUA, NAS) will arrive into A or E?
Peatisback is offline  
Old Jul 2, 22, 9:25 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
of course I don't, my reply only listed the negatives relative to Freq Flyers
even among frequent flyers, ranking lounges as the most important criteria is incredibly rare. most people fly in order to actually go places.
WillBarrett_68 is offline  
Old Jul 2, 22, 10:19 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Posts: 1,656
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
even among frequent flyers, ranking lounges as the most important criteria is incredibly rare. most people fly in order to actually go places.

absolutely,

the lounge is not most important, but it does rate mentioning for the premium flyers
Lomapaseo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread