Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Award flights available thru CDG but not to CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*

Looking at reward flights to Europe later this year. If I choose a non hub city, I get options on AF marketed and operated flights connecting thru CDG, but when CDG is the destination the DL website only returns DL operated flights. Is there a way to force AF flights, or are they just not offered? Makes no sense to me.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:37 pm

That's normal. Try a train connection maybe (e.g. ZWE)?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Married segment inventory on awards has been a thing for awhile. Also, there can be lower priced awards when connecting through EU hubs than when destination is the hub itself. Biggest differential is for partner biz to EU (120K) vs. TLV (85K).

Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Similar question to this. I am getting award seats to CDG but not on the connection to LHR due to married segments issue. They are both available individually. If I book to CDG and later on the flight opens up for the next portion will Delta be able to add it without charging me any extra points? It should be 75k to CDG or to UK.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Similar question to this. I am getting award seats to CDG but not on the connection to LHR due to married segments issue. They are both available individually. If I book to CDG and later on the flight opens up for the next portion will Delta be able to add it without charging me any extra points? It should be 75k to CDG or to UK.
If there's no DL segments on ticket, theu can add it without changing cost. However if there's any DL segments then the ticket will be repriced at current levels.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
If there's no DL segments on ticket, theu can add it without changing cost. However if there's any DL segments then the ticket will be repriced at current levels.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.