Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Comfort+ Passenger 'jokes' being Covid Positive - Would you notify FA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ Passenger 'jokes' being Covid Positive - Would you notify FA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, BONVoY LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Mask up buttercup. Don’t fly if you’re worried about it.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by DFW_Airwolf
OH NO Chicken Little. The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling.

Now Back to the Reguarly Scheduled Nonsense.

Quit living in FEAR like the Govt & Media have been Brainwashing you to be. COVID is now determined to be ENDEMIC. So it is here to stay. And like it's Pretty Sister INFLUEINZA. It too will have Strains or Variants every year. So decide how Many Boosters or Flu Shots you wish to endure and ultimately pay for. Me I am stick with more COMMON SENSE preventives. Eating Right, Taking Viatimins and such.
This is really helpful. I was previously living in fear but was just waiting for someone on the internet who capitalizes random words to tell me not to.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:50 am

Somewhat related - yesterday I had a very interesting experience at checkin. The check in counter agent (she was rather gruff) asks casually "any issues with covid in the past 10 days." I answered "no" (which is true). The next question caught me a bit offguard though, "are you willing to wear a stupid mask for the duration of the flight even though they don't work and won't save your life?" After being left speechless for a second, I answered "yes." Regardless of one's feeling on masks, this was totally unprofessional. And with all the misbehaving pax, no reason to add fuel to the fire.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Not to burry the lead: am i the only one creeped out about someone taking a picture of someone else's personal phone message and then posting it? I have a MAJOR issue with that.
I have a major issue with it, regardless of what the message says.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta, American Express, Budget, Alamo, Enterprise, Avis, Hertz, Alaska
Thumbs down Comfort+ Passenger ‘jokes’ being Covid Positive

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
It won't, and it shouldn't. My neighbor has a blood disorder and his hematologist told him not to get the vaccine until more studies are done on his clotting condition. My BIL has been infected and recovered and now has T-Cells able to develop antibodies as needed, so an artificial antibody boost is irrelevant to his safety or that of others.

There has never been a requirement to prove up any vaccine status ever to fly domestically - varicella, measles, viral meningitis, HPV, DTAP, etc. It's always been a self-measured risk (getting in a metal tube with several hundred other folks).

Anyone who wants to wear a mask can wear one, two or three in any variety from cloth to N100. Anyone who wants a vaccine and booster can get one. There's zero need tor any enforced requirements - it's all personal choice and safety now.
Misinformation 🚨 Not everyone acquires high functioning T cells after an infection. My cousin and his 25 yr old daughter believed this baloney and are now dead. COVID v1 in April. REINFECTED with delta v in August—dead by September 10. Zero known underlying conditions.
jiburi, FabCW and OldAsiaHand like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
Somewhat related - yesterday I had a very interesting experience at checkin. The check in counter agent (she was rather gruff) asks casually "any issues with covid in the past 10 days." I answered "no" (which is true). The next question caught me a bit offguard though, "are you willing to wear a stupid mask for the duration of the flight even though they don't work and won't save your life?" After being left speechless for a second, I answered "yes." Regardless of one's feeling on masks, this was totally unprofessional. And with all the misbehaving pax, no reason to add fuel to the fire.
Please report this to DL. The agent was inappropriate and unprofessional.
wrp96 and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
I have a chronic cough due to acid reflux. Have done everything possible to make it better, including meds, avoidance of trigger foods, etc. It still comes on at very random times. I live in fear of having a major coughing fit on an airplane (or worse, during boarding). I even carry a note from my doctor. That said, the guy in the original post who joked about covid is a major jerk.
FabCW likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This thread has ran its course and crossed the line. Its now closed.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.