Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Comfort+ Passenger 'jokes' being Covid Positive - Would you notify FA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ Passenger 'jokes' being Covid Positive - Would you notify FA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
May as well have substituted the word "bomb" with covid. What are these people thinking?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Not every cough or sneeze is Covid.

My toddler has asthma and we got shamed by a lady on our thanksgiving flight. I always find an empty gate area for my kids to get their energy out before we board and he was having some coughing issues which settled right down after I gave him his inhaler.

I’m sooooo ready for this to be over so my frequent cougher stops receiving disgusted looks any time he breathes too hard.
LWkitty likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by golfr
May as well have substituted the word "bomb" with covid. What are these people thinking?
Despite them being two different things, TSA is not amused in the difference between BOM (Bill of Materials acronym) and "bomb." Ask me how I know...

"Yes, I have the BOM" is a phrase very open to interpretation.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by david55
To most people vaccinated.....yes...but I know 3 elderly friends all vaccinated and boostered and they are quite sick with omicron...one we are afraid may not make it. To the elderly ( and health compromised) omicron can be a serious threat.
“To the elderly and health compromised” everything is a serious threat.
BigFishDave and PanAmSam like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPJIN
Not every cough or sneeze is Covid.

My toddler has asthma and we got shamed by a lady on our thanksgiving flight. I always find an empty gate area for my kids to get their energy out before we board and he was having some coughing issues which settled right down after I gave him his inhaler.

I’m sooooo ready for this to be over so my frequent cougher stops receiving disgusted looks any time he breathes too hard.
On the other hand, I wish I had a dime for every time a parent of a coughing, sneezing child said "Oh, it's just allergies" when kids (or they) appear to be sick, and it's clear they just don't care. Children being sick is just something parents get used to, and parents sometimes have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in place.

But I don't really think this will ever be "over". I think we'll just modify our behaviors slightly and get used to the new normal.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by golfr
Yeah, it's definitely like that.

/s
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
For me, what it comes down to is not the coughing…that can happen to anyone.

for me it was making a comment that the individual clearly knew would be upsetting AND that it was after attestation was made during check in regarding COVID.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
For me, what it comes down to is not the coughing…that can happen to anyone.

for me it was making a comment that the individual clearly knew would be upsetting AND that it was after attestation was made during check in regarding COVID.
Though I agree with you, what does it matter?

He made a stupid joke and should have known better. But realistically probably 20% of the country has, or had, omicron. There were over 800K US reported cases yesterday and most will not be reported. Hell, I doubt we can test more than that.

If anybody seriously cares, they need to protect themselves. Worrying about the spreaders is pointless when it is this prevalent.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

I assume everyone has covid. I dont care. I would shut my mouth and mind my own business.
KeithRedford likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Though I agree with you, what does it matter?

He made a stupid joke and should have known better. But realistically probably 20% of the country has, or had, omicron. There were over 800K US reported cases yesterday and most will not be reported. Hell, I doubt we can test more than that.

If anybody seriously cares, they need to protect themselves. Worrying about the spreaders is pointless when it is this prevalent.
I hear you, but if the *expectation* when you get on a flight is for compliance (that is, the airline is setting forth a certain standard that some passengers are expecting to be followed, which helps them make a decision if they feel like they want to fly), shouldn't the airline enforce it?

I remember when Delta continued to block middle seats. Sure, the science behind it was shoddy. But I know SEVERAL people who made the choice to fly delta for that reason, and chose to spend money on a product that met their needs.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not to burry the lead: am i the only one creeped out about someone taking a picture of someone else's personal phone message and then posting it? I have a MAJOR issue with that.
PDog and Milesaway76 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Not to burry the lead: am i the only one creeped out about someone taking a picture of someone else's personal phone message and then posting it? I have a MAJOR issue with that.
When it says what it says, no, I don't have any problem with that. Also, I feel like people are looking at my phone or computer screen whenever it's out, unless I know that there's no one that could possibly see it.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Ryno1234

I'd put it in the same category that I put someone talking out loud on their cell phones in public. If they put it out there, it's open for analysis and ridicule. If they want it private, they should keep it private.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
It's odd that there is no Federal law against knowingly flying on an airliner with an infectious communicable disease. The factors that would draw people into flying are obvious... better to be sick at home!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC there have been some publicized instances of kids with measles being offloaded (with the entire family) and denied travel until recovery has been documented.

If every sneeze or sniffle makes one grounded, this would be a mess for business travel, urgent travel (severely ill family member, funeral), and most families who purchase cheap tickets and have nonrefundable ground arrangements at the destination. (Yes, I know the refrains that there's travel insurance, but most people in the USA don't buy it.)
BigFishDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.