No more Sky Priority boarding lane?

Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
No more Sky Priority boarding lane?

Did I miss something? Boarding at B18 in Atlanta there was no priority lane and when I asked the agent about it he said “that hasn’t existed for years!” Waited 20 min in line with Main 2 to board with paid first class tickets. Not the end of the world but just curious when this ended. Our flight to Atlanta definitely had the Sky Priority lane and regular lane.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
What a joke for the GA to say "that hasn't existed for years." It most definitely does still exist and there's no reason to think that it won't be around indefinitely.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
I wonder if he thought you meant the individual group zone pillars? those haven't been around for a while. but I flew 2-3 weeks ago and def still had the SP/GB lane divider
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:59 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Sky Priority boarding was in Atlanta the 31st. Forget the gate #, but was on A. Somebody was just lazy, maybe. Lot of new employees who don't seem to know the drill, yet.
BigFishDave and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by LexPassenger; Jan 4, 2022 at 7:05 pm Reason: Precision
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Depends on the airport, apparently?

thread from July: No more Sky Priority boarding lanes?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
In early December, I was connecting through DTW to PHX. My connection time was a little short and I arrived to the gate after boarding started and Main Cabin 1 was just called. I was in F seated in row 1, so I wanted to make sure I got on before all the overheads were full, my MO is that I usually board last anyways unless I am in row 1, as my backpack can fit under the seat. I proceeded to the front of the line and approached the GA and said I was in first and even turned my phone towards her so she could see the magenta color. She snapped back that my zone was called 15 minutes ago and to go to the back of the line. I was not going to argue so I did that...when I got to the scanner I said that in the past First and Sky customers could jump the line, was told the same thing...that has not existed for years. Needless to say my backpack/computer bag had to go above row 10 as all the first bins were full on a 321 when I boarded. Which probably would have happened no matter what, but the principle is that FC and Sky had a designated lane and could join the front of the line any time.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, the sky priority lane exists in all Delta terminals and gates. What happened in your case is that the GA forgot to bring/did not have the Retractable Crowd Rope Dividers for your gate and pulled the ol' pepperidge farm remembers as an excuse :/
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Did I miss something? Boarding at B18 in Atlanta there was no priority lane and when I asked the agent about it he said “that hasn’t existed for years!” Waited 20 min in line with Main 2 to board with paid first class tickets. Not the end of the world but just curious when this ended. Our flight to Atlanta definitely had the Sky Priority lane and regular lane.
BigFishDave and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by hotshot265
In early December, I was connecting through DTW to PHX. My connection time was a little short and I arrived to the gate after boarding started and Main Cabin 1 was just called. I was in F seated in row 1, so I wanted to make sure I got on before all the overheads were full, my MO is that I usually board last anyways unless I am in row 1, as my backpack can fit under the seat. I proceeded to the front of the line and approached the GA and said I was in first and even turned my phone towards her so she could see the magenta color. She snapped back that my zone was called 15 minutes ago and to go to the back of the line. I was not going to argue so I did that...when I got to the scanner I said that in the past First and Sky customers could jump the line, was told the same thing...that has not existed for years. Needless to say my backpack/computer bag had to go above row 10 as all the first bins were full on a 321 when I boarded. Which probably would have happened no matter what, but the principle is that FC and Sky had a designated lane and could join the front of the line any time.
What's up with all these DL employees snapping at customers lately?
TastyPlaneEats and ryw like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
What's up with all these DL employees snapping at customers lately?
Last year an ATL regional gate agent literally yelled at me because I was questioning her about my bag that does indeed fit in the overhead on CRJ-900s. She was like scan your boarding pass again and I'm like this one fits on the 900 and she's like scan it again and I'm like it fits on these then she just snapped and yelled at me "Mr Coke Cans And Winglets scan it now I have a broken foot and I'm not chasing you down there if it doesn't". Whatever lady, just scanned it again, took it down anyway and look who was right, me, it fit! Not anything to do with Sky Priority boarding but gate agents have gotten super power trippy and love to make up their own rules (a friend of mine flying SLC-BUR back in April was falsely told by a gate agent that neck gaiters are not allowed even though delta.com said they were).

About the boarding lanes though I've seen them at every outstation I've been to plus DTW ever since they brought them back, however, I have yet to see any at any of my ATL gates recently which I find strange considering that's their main hub. Not sure what that's about, was kinda wondering that too actually.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I always feel weird going into the sky priority lane when they're boarding main x so I usually just wait. But I've never not seen it, including on several flights over the last 2 months.

I don't want to be perceived as a cutter. There's nothing Americans hate more than a cutter.

If they bring back PDBs though, I'd put up with feeling weird and I'd cut the line.
BigFishDave and trooper like this.

Last edited by jetsfan92588; Jan 4, 2022 at 10:21 pm
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
SkyPriority lanes and boarding have been inconsistent for a while
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:17 am
Suspended

It sounds strange that there is no strip
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by Adelphos
SkyPriority lanes and boarding have been inconsistent for a while
Yes, definitely hit or miss.
I would say use it if you see it, but obviously it doesn't seem like a good idea to try to jump the line if the SP lane is not there.
It was not there for my flights DTW/PHX over the holidays.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
A lot of the problem is that the more senior employees retired during Covid and now we're left with the dredges, who are of course passing their attitudes along to the new hires.

ATL has had garbage agents for years, but the problem seems a lot more widely spread across the system these days. CVG is basically the only station where I know I'm going to get a good agent every time.

These employees aren't unionized, so hopefully as things normalize Delta will start making some strategic terminations. The best thing we can do is write in and name names.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I had issues last week as well on a flight out of DTW. No priority lane and they were boarding Zone 1 and just walked over to the side and asked the Gate Agent and she said they haven't had that in a while but she did allow me to cut the line and scanned my BP.

I normally board with my zone just because bin space is such a pain to find but was at the skyclub and there was a gate change I didn't notice until I got to what was my originally assigned gate.

Delta advertises priority boarding as a benefit of an F and C+ ticket. They eliminated a lot of their alcohols and fresca and coke zero, are serving garbage boxed meals that wouldn't be suitable in a secondary school along with garbage vodka a lot of poor college kids wouldn't drink, eliminated PDBs, jacket hanging on most flights, etc. What's the next thing they can cut from F?
BigFishDave likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.