Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good afternoon! So today we have a partly cloudy, but it's not too bad at all. I went out for a walk today. later next weekend the temperature will be 90 degree outside. It getting more extremely hot weather again. Boy! I do miss summer time. I wish I can go to swimming pool again, but it was very cold. Gotta wait for a while.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Today was a disaster, that's why they call it March Madness. My bracket is destroyed
Mine didn’t even make it through Day 1 which makes me glad the only bracket I’m in this year was a no-money involved group and was strictly for fun.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
If anyone missed out on Girl Scout cookies, please let me know. I'll put you in contact with my dealer, I mean friend.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I haven’t missed a pick yet. Maybe it’s because I never got around to filling out a bracket.
Same here. I don't follow BB (at any level) so if I was to fill out a bracket, I'd do it with a dartboard. That might have been the winning approach this year.

I don't even know the rules but I imagine that if 1 person had been perfect going into today, they'd be he winner.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
If anyone missed out on Girl Scout cookies, please let me know. I'll put you in contact with my dealer, I mean friend.
Love it. 🤣

In my industry, IT Consulting, we've always said that we're one of 2 businesses that refers to our clients as users.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Love it. 🤣

In my industry, IT Consulting, we've always said that we're one of 2 businesses that refers to our clients as users.
They are like crack to some...
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the term occasionally showed up in USAF Contracting when talking about software support for deploying/updating desktop-based IT
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
the term occasionally showed up in USAF Contracting when talking about software support for deploying/updating desktop-based IT
The term has been around forever, at least since we started giving many people dumb terminals in the 60's and referred to them as 'end users'. Based on the experiences we had we often said that dumb terminals were the perfect match for dumb users.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
well it has not been a relaxing weekend

Buddy had barfed in his crate before I got downstairs to feed him on Fri morning; I only gave him a half portion of food, but he was more interested in drinking his water and then a quick trip outside to eat some grass in the backyard … he was very lethargic, until about two hours later when he started agitating to go out, and promptly threw up breakfast

called our local (still short-staffed) vet, who wasn’t able to get us in that afternoon and is (still “temporarily”) closed on Sat … we kept a close eye on him during the afternoon, he was drinking a fair amount of water and making regular trips outside to pee, so we decided to give him a half portion of food around 5 … repeat of morning scenario

Sat morning the crate was clean, but he only kept the half portion of food down for a few minutes

called the 24/7 urgent care vet; they took all our info and said there would still be a 3- to 4-hour wait whenever we got there

dropped him off around noon; they got to him ~330, got him on IV fluids and took x-rays; called us ~730 to say he had some sort of “soft mass” blockage or obstruction near where the small intestine meets the colon; xray wasn't really conclusive but they expected it would move into (and then out of) the colon naturally ... they took another xray this morning and said it was a “granular mass” that required surgery

turned out to be a 1” piece of corncob 🙄 … he must have scrounged it from under the hedge, where a squirrel or crow or raccoon had carried it … should be able to come home Mon afternoon or Tues

and all that said, I’m about to board SEA-SLC-BWI (FCM had been over $400, which was a bit much even on a company-purchased ticket; after I cleared SEA-SLC it dropped to $320/29500 miles which is still steep for a 4-hr flight … I’m currently 4 of 13 for zero seats, but will no doubt survive in a window C+ seat)

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 20, 2022 at 7:36 pm
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Oof, poor Buddy. Hoping for a quick and full recovery!

Thanks to the rain system that moved through yesterday, I discovered this morning that what I thought was a minor roof leak is in fact a major roof leak, so it hasn't been a great day here either

The HOA was already finalizing bids to get the roof replaced, so at least there's that.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Oof, poor Buddy. Hoping for a quick and full recovery!

Thanks to the rain system that moved through yesterday, I discovered this morning that what I thought was a minor roof leak is in fact a major roof leak, so it hasn't been a great day here either

The HOA was already finalizing bids to get the roof replaced, so at least there's that.
yah, thx …
he snarfed a nylon rope toy a few years ago, so this isn’t our first GI surgery rodeo w him

and you’re of course dealing with both sides of that lovely thing called a “supplemental assessment” — board member who gets to vote on imposing it *and* owner who has to pay it
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
and you’re of course dealing with both sides of that lovely thing called a “supplemental assessment” — board member who gets to vote on imposing it *and* owner who has to pay it
Roof will likely be covered by existing reserves, but yeah... fun stuff.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:47 pm

Definitely best wishes for Buddy and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:43 pm

well it has not been a relaxing weekend

Buddy had barfed in his crate before I got downstairs to feed him on Fri morning; I only gave him a half portion of food, but he was more interested in drinking his water and then a quick trip outside to eat some grass in the backyard … he was very lethargic, until about two hours later when he started agitating to go out, and promptly threw up breakfast

called our local (still short-staffed) vet, who wasn’t able to get us in that afternoon and is (still “temporarily”) closed on Sat … we kept a close eye on him during the afternoon, he was drinking a fair amount of water and making regular trips outside to pee, so we decided to give him a half portion of food around 5 … repeat of morning scenario

Sat morning the crate was clean, but he only kept the half portion of food down for a few minutes

called the 24/7 urgent care vet; they took all our info and said there would still be a 3- to 4-hour wait whenever we got there

dropped him off around noon; they got to him ~330, got him on IV fluids and took x-rays; called us ~730 to say he had some sort of “soft mass” blockage or obstruction near where the small intestine meets the colon; xray wasn't really conclusive but they expected it would move into (and then out of) the colon naturally ... they took another xray this morning and said it was a “granular mass” that required surgery

turned out to be a 1” piece of corncob 🙄 … he must have scrounged it from under the hedge, where a squirrel or crow or raccoon had carried it … should be able to come home Mon afternoon or Tues

and all that said, I’m about to board SEA-SLC-BWI (FCM had been over $400, which was a bit much even on a company-purchased ticket; after I cleared SEA-SLC it dropped to $320/29500 miles which is still steep for a 4-hr flight … I’m currently 4 of 13 for zero seats, but will no doubt survive in a window C+ seat)
Poor Buddy! Hope he recovers quickly!

It's been an adventurous and lousy Sunday for me. It started off with Grace whimpering and whining when turning corners in the house, and not putting weight on her right front paw. I got her calmed down, figuring I'd call the vet tomorrow morning, and decided to leave to go to an animal rescue benefit. When I was leaving, I fell down the entire flight of basement steps, and upon figuring which way was up, because I quite literally tumbled head over feet, I made it back up the steps. I discovered that my left elbow, left shoulder, and left ankle were quite painful, as were my right knee and right hip. Off to urgent care I went, where the diagnosis was a sprained ankle, lots of inflammation and soft tissue damage, and one giant bruise from head to toe.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:55 pm

Kipper I hope you get better quickly. Grace too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.