Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I can't really remember- mine was probably during the ASA (All do not hail Satan's commuter airline!) days. I did get to try out an E-145 a few years back when dabbling on United and nearly managed to give myself a concussion when I hit my head on the door of an open overhead bin. I don't think of myself as fussy but I do not like planes that do not allow me to stand fully upright in the aisle.
you *have* mentioned that you're long-legged ... just be glad you didn't get to experience the Swearingen Metro (aka "flying pencil"); you had to step over the wing spar to get to the aft end of the cabin

from aviastar.org
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
when it's 1-2-1 J, we'll each take a window (curious if it'll be open seating in this "cabin" aka outside balcony?)
In New Orleans a balcony is only attached to the building and is usually 3 to 3.5 feet deep, you can see one on another building in the first picture. A gallery has posts which support the structure along the part away from the building and is wider. Our gallery is about 29' x 8+'. There's a round table with 4 chairs at one end and 4 chairs with 2 side tables at the other end. The center is standing room (practice for Ryan Air in the future). Our entire group can be outside at the same time. We can also accommodate you and Mrs.jrl at the opposite ends to give you 1-12-1 seating.

The tree (crepe myrtle) has been severely pruned by the landscaper and will not block anyone's view of the race from the gallery.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
you *have* mentioned that you're long-legged ... just be glad you didn't get to experience the Swearingen Metro (aka "flying pencil"); you had to step over the wing spar to get to the aft end of the cabin

from aviastar.org
Only time I flew on them was when I was much younger and shorter but I remember the Beech 1900s having that hump too.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hey kipper, any news on how Bacon's new mom is surviving him? If the adoption doesn't work, what happens to him? (I'm pretty sure you're not willing to become the human of last resort for him, plus I don't think Grace would appreciate sharing her happy forever home with him.)
He seems to be adjusting to her. I am not willing to become the human of last resort, and I think he would terrorize Grace. If the adoption doesn't work out, he goes back to California to the rescue.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
In New Orleans a balcony is only attached to the building and is usually 3 to 3.5 feet deep, you can see one on another building in the first picture. A gallery has posts which support the structure along the part away from the building and is wider. Our gallery is about 29' x 8+'. There's a round table with 4 chairs at one end and 4 chairs with 2 side tables at the other end. The center is standing room (practice for Ryan Air in the future). Our entire group can be outside at the same time. We can also accommodate you and Mrs767 at the opposite ends to give you 1-12-1 seating.
(1) thank you again for reminding us of the importance of accurate architectural terminology
(2) my comment was about the seating arrangements at the restaurant, on whatever structural element/s they may have, rather than your probably-more-variable gallery accommodations
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
(1) thank you again for reminding us of the importance of accurate architectural terminology
(2) my comment was about the seating arrangements at the restaurant, on whatever structural element/s they may have, rather than your probably-more-variable gallery accommodations
Sorry for the misunderstanding. They have a larger gallery and I've requested one large table so that we're all seated together.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Sorry for the misunderstanding. They have a larger gallery and I've requested one large table so that we're all seated together.
But is the gallery near the galley?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
But is the gallery near the galley?
No, in both cases. BUT, close to the bars.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

The tree (crepe myrtle) has been severely pruned by the landscaper and will not block anyone's view of the race from the gallery.
Squeak had a blast playing in that tree last year!

-J.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
The many travels of Squeak. Hopefully he didn't have too many daiquris.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Squeak had a blast playing in that tree last year!

-J.
Mrs.SG says that squeak forgot to sign he guest book.

That was a good move having him jump and asking those young women who were passing by to bring him back upstairs.

Glad to see you post - hope you're feeling better.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Mrs.SG says that squeak forgot to sign he guest book.

That was a good move having him jump and asking those young women who were passing by to bring him back upstairs.

Glad to see you post - hope you're feeling better.
I forgot about that -- that all worked out very nicely!

Thank you, I have recovered and am out and about. I may not even be using the cane for much longer either! I can walk around without it within the confines of my apartment.

-J.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy first Thorsday Eve of 2022 and of this thread.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Thank you, I have recovered and am out and about. I may not even be using the cane for much longer either! I can walk around without it within the confines of my apartment.

-J.
Good, but don't push yourself to do too much too soon.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador

-J.
What did you do to your leg? Just strained it or something worse?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.