Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I only know what I've seen on FT so could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that you get EU protections on any flight originating in the EU regardless of operating carrier.
This is my understanding too, although you should look at the big definitive thread on EC261 in the BA forum.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
forgot to get my dummy AS mileage ticket (ATL-SEA) to get into the AC, so we are in the A SC at $39pp

looked outside a few minutes ago and saw the tail of our ATL-MSY jet at A17 (last I had checked it was A10), so we can hang out here for an extra few minutes

wx radar makes it look like there’s a nice gap in the t-storms for half an hour or so each side of our scheduled arrival
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jrl767
forgot to get my dummy AS mileage ticket (ATL-SEA) to get into the AC, so we are in the A SC at $39pp

looked outside a few minutes ago and saw the tail of our ATL-MSY jet at A17 (last I had checked it was A10), so we can hang out here for an extra few minutes

wx radar makes it look like there’s a nice gap in the t-storms for half an hour or so each side of our scheduled arrival
I have done the death march down A concourse to the end of that concourse many times.

I wonder when the new SC will be open? If I recall correctly (and mostly these days I do not), it will be above "The Club" lounge and "The Club" is in the former Seattle CRC location. That was a great club.

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
WN suspended all ops at DAL tomorrow
Fortunately Huntsville is south of the snow line for this particular weather event. We've already had above average snowfall this winter, which "average" means that most years we don't get any snow.

We are, however, supposed to get a boatload of rain.

David
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Windy as hell in NOLA today. Saw some planes in a holding pattern earlier but looking clear now.

Dumping rain on the Westbank though.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
@Zorak — as a proudly-not-EE, I’ll take issue with one of the captions

it should be TransTHORmer

(although that does open up a host of opportunities for further wordplay)
GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Dallas is looking different today.

Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

🛫 approach to Runway 2 was a bit bumpy, but we are on the ground and taxiing in

of course the gate is occupied since we’re actually about seven minutes early …
mattp1987 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I think that you have more delays ahead. You'll misconnect at JFK and have to take the last JFK-ATL-MSY that doesn't land until 11:30 PM. Hopefully, they've rebooked you.
As we were debating whether to rebook on that routing or go through CDG or AMS, they auto-rebooked us on it. We decided to stick with it under the assumption it was best to get to the US and not deal with needing to find and pay for another Covid test if things went haywire. We’re getting ready to board the flight to ATL. My concern now is how long it will take to get out of JFK with the fog.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I had a 767 D1 seat with this "feature" flying BOG-JFK a couple months ago.
I did eventually find the remote control about halfway through the flight. It’s pretty well hidden.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Happy Thorsday from Europe. Saw this at a local Viking Museum near where we were staying that we went to over the weekend before starting the work week. Saw this and said “I have to save this for Thorsday”
Interesting. I guess size really doesn’t matter.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you could say it matters in context …
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
You have more snow than we do

-J.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:53 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

We've had rain since last night. Dallas has more snow than we have in PA.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's THORsday; isn't anyone thirsty?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we have been busy settling in and are about to go meet up with the SuperGs
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's THORsday; isn't anyone thirsty?
Was on with GW and SuperG earlier but had to drop off to call DL because the app crapped out halfway through processing an SDC and now I need the ticket to get reissued before I can check in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.