Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I'll cancel the crawfish boil.
You know why? I hate seafood and I hate fish, but I like to eat lox and cream cheese chives, too. You can eat bagels with cream cheese and lox.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Comfort + upgrade question

Hi,

Just made Platinum on a challenge and was looking forward to upgrades to Comfort+.

Flew ATL to GNV yesterday and was number 3 for four open seats. I was kind of excited for my first upgrade.

Gate agents processed 2 upgrades for Diamonds and the other 2 seats went out empty. Upgrades were processed about 20 minutes prior to boarding. I was sitting in the SkyClub watching the seats get filled.

Just curious if this is normal that they leave empty seats by Diamonds and letting others drop?

Thanks.

Last edited by jhalapin; Jan 4, 2022 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by jhalapin
Hi,

Just made Platinum on a challenge and was looking forward to upgrades to Comfort+.

Flew ATL to GNV yesterday and was number 3 for four open seats. I was kind of excited for my first upgrade.

Gate agents processed 2 upgrades for Diamonds and the other 2 seats went out empty. Upgrades were processed about 20 minutes prior to boarding. I was sitting in the SkyClub watching the seats get filled.

Just curious if this is normal that they leave empty seats by Diamonds and letting others drop?

Thanks.
I'm going to guess that you have upgrades selected for only a certain kind of seat (i.e. Window/Aisle) and the available seats were middle seats. Those are the only cases where I've seen them not process the upgrade. Check your preferences in the Delta app.

EDIT: By looking at the seat numbers it looks like you were on a CRJ-200. They may have kept those seats blocked for weight and balance, but obviously no middle seats on that aircraft.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I'm going to guess that you have upgrades selected for only a certain kind of seat (i.e. Window/Aisle) and the available seats were middle seats. Those are the only cases where I've seen them not process the upgrade. Check your preferences in the Delta app.
It was on a 145 so it was 2X2 and I had both Aisle and Window checked. I was actually surprised that the GA let them go out empty. I figured it may be a Diamond thing. AA used to do that for EXPs. They would actually leave the middle open next to EXP unless it was sold. Figured it may that way on Delta.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It was on a 145 so it was 2X2 and I had both Aisle and Window checked. I was actually surprised that the GA let them go out empty. I figured it may be a Diamond thing. AA used to do that for EXPs. They would actually leave the middle open next to EXP unless it was sold. Figured it may that way on Delta.
CRJ-200, not an E-145. The E-135/140/145 are 1x2 and I don't think DL has any E-145s operating any of its DL Connection flights any more (they did at one time). But this was a foul on the GA"s part if the seats went empty. On the CRJ-200, all of Row 1 is "Comfort Plus" but only two of the seats are actually selectable since the other two are blocked off from selection to be reserved for passengers needing special accommodations for disabilities, etc. and can only be assigned in advance by calling DL and having a DL agent assign you those seats or having that seat assigned to you by the GA. After boarding was complete, could you tell if the seats did for sure go out empty or were those seats perhaps occupied by a passenger requiring special accommodation?

DL does not have any official policy to leave C+ seats empty next to DMs. At best, what you may get is a GA who may opt to leave a seat next to a DM open if there are more open C+ seats than there are people on the C+/Awaiting Seat Assignment List (i.e let's say there are two open C+ seats and one person on the C+ List/Awaiting Seat Assignment List who is entitled to the best seat available, such as a standby NRSA - the GA may opt to put that person in the other seat not next to the DM but that's only if the GA is proactive enough to do that and again, there's no official publicly stated policy requiring it).
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jan 4, 2022 at 11:09 am Reason: Fix Quote Box
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
OP should probably edit screenshots to black out his name
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
OP should probably edit screenshots to black out his name
It's the same name I use here
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
It's the same name I use here
You don't use your full name here though. But to each their own.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Everyone here already knows my name: George Washington McLintock Some people even know my wife, Katie.

-J.
jhalapin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Everyone here already knows my name: George Washington McLintock Some people even know my wife, Katie.

-J.
Love that movie.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could it be that a seat in the first row was needed for the FA, for example if the jump seat wasn't operable? Rules would require the FA to be seated in the closest seat to the door for takeoff and landing.

OP could have asked the GA before boarding, but some people consider the C+ seats on the CRJ-200 to be bad due to lack of legroom (bulkhead). The exit row has a bit more space, but it's way in the rear of the aircraft.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
some people consider the C+ seats on the CRJ-200 to be bad due to lack of legroom (bulkhead). The exit row has a bit more space, but it's way in the rear of the aircraft.
Is there any good seat on a CRJ/CR2?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
1Z (flight deck jump seat)
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, but some people feel that the exit row is less bad if one doesn't mind being in the rear of the aircraft.

BTW, assuming that C+ has additional recline, I would avoid row 2 and try for row 3 if the objective is to sit near the front.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Is there any good seat on a CRJ/CR2?
1B and 1C are "tolerable" on the CRJ-200. At least you can stretch your feet down the aisle towards the boarding door/galley since the bulkheads don't extend all the way out. The alternate choices are 8B/C in the exit row, not that the exit row on Satan's Chariot offers much more room. Beyond that, no. There's not a "good" seat on Satan's Chariot. The "good seat" is on a routing with another aircraft type that avoids Satan's Chariot altogether.
MSPeconomist and fsuj25 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.