Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
So I am currently in the middle of a non-flying goal. To have every single classic cocktail including "chick drinks" such as a Cosmo.

I think this is fun.
Nothing wrong with that. Our liquor cabinet actually looks pretty normal in terms of stock but the Scotch and Beer is for my wife and the wine and mixers for the fruity drinks are for me.
(I like what I like and I want to "enjoy" my drinks - not feel like it's punishment )

Originally Posted by mattp1987
It’s especially valuable to hold both if you have a way of getting the annual fee waived. Add in the Hilton Aspire for Diamond, Bonvoy Brilliant for Platinum, United Club Infinite for lounge access on domestic UA plus PQDs, and the CSR for the better Priority Pass that includes restaurants.
Big Plus
That said, I've still opted to limit my CC portfolio. I don't want to all of the sudden be in a position where those annual fees aren't being waived and then I'm all of the sudden getting hit with tons of annual fees or have to decide to shut down numerous cards at once, which wouldn't be good for the credit score.

What's the Bonvoy Brilliant though? And it comes with Marriott Platinum status? If so, I may have to look into that one. I have the Chase Visa Bonvoy Boundless that gets me enough elite night credits for Silver and then get Marriott Gold through the AmEx Plat regardless anyway but I may end up falling just short of at least retaining Marriott Platinum this year unless I pick up another work trip beyond what I have scheduled since some nights I was expecting to count apparently didn't count.

​​​​​​On a different note, after rebooking and changing some flights for an upcoming TDY and a personal trip, I'm now going with be less than 100 MQDs from DM. Hoping I get a buy-up offer to F that would cover that last ~$100 but otherwise I'll be taking an MQD run sometime in November or December unless another work trip also pops up and I can get DL.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
What's the Bonvoy Brilliant though? And it comes with Marriott Platinum status? If so, I may have to look into that one. I have the Chase Visa Bonvoy Boundless that gets me enough elite night credits for Silver and then get Marriott Gold through the AmEx Plat regardless anyway but I may end up falling just short of at least retaining Marriott Platinum this year unless I pick up another work trip beyond what I have scheduled since some nights I was expecting to count apparently didn't count.
I'll text you a referral link, but yes a new benefit of the card as of last month is Platinum status and 25 instead of 15 elite nights. Note, you can combine the 25 elite nights with 15 from a business card to start with 40 towards the 75 needed for Titanium, but you can't combine it with the other personal cards.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
St. Mary's Church came early today, and now I have (most of) my dining room back!

-J.
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Delta’s IT incompetence astounds me

MSPeconomist and fsuj25 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
SuperG1955 What's your plan for DM requalification now given the new changes in the spend requirements for DM? Are you going to take add another mileage run in January to get the additional amount required? Or were you going to clear the hurdle anyway?

Originally Posted by wakesetter93

I hope you responded "A" just to see what happened.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is that the virtual assistant? I wouldn't even bother with it...
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I hope you responded "A" just to see what happened.
I'm now chatting with a representative and got this gem, "Booking through a third party, it will recognized your medallion status but doe not have the correct resource of adding it, it can only be done by us or on delta.com after the trip is booked."

Never heard of having to manually go and add your Medallion number when booking through Concur
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm now chatting with a representative and got this gem, "Booking through a third party, it will recognized your medallion status but doe not have the correct resource of adding it, it can only be done by us or on delta.com after the trip is booked."

Never heard of having to manually go and add your Medallion number when booking through Concur
I never had to do it when booking through AmEx PTS (for the IAP).
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:31 am

And now United isn't recognizing my status/account either
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
And now United isn't recognizing my status/account either
You've been cancelled.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:04 pm

I sorted it out. Looks like the issue was with Concur
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I sorted it out. Looks like the issue was with Concur
I never really liked using Concur. My current firm's system is a little more clunky, but it makes it very easy to auto-fill loyalty numbers and even select seats (i.e. if you are elite you can select whatever seat you're entitled to from the get-go). I still wish they would just let me book travel directly so I could get cashback from Rakuten/TCB/etc., but it's not bad to have an actual travel agency backing you up if things go south.

I'm hungry Had to fast yesterday for the holiday, and again today for a doctor's appointment. At least I got to have a small breakfast and can drink water.

-J.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
[QUOTE=wakesetter93;34656345]The one that I used for this trip was from 2019 I still have two more to burn before the end of January. Mrs. WS93 and I could definitely put the drink coupons to good use. When did DL give out drink coupons?

Check your inbox.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I won't be logging in to HH tonight. One of my best friends who I haven't seen in over five years is spending the night here on his way home from Florida. He should be here soon and we're going to head to Charlotte to do a short brewery hop and send his wife pictures of beer to make her jealous while she's still at work.

I don't remember the last time I was this excited to see someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.