Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
It was snowing as I left the show earlier, but now the rain is in full force along with the wind. Something outside broke and caused a metallic-sounding bang. The wind is making the windows shake. Glad I'm not going on any adventures tomorrow.

Highly recommend seeing "Come From Away" if you get the opportunity. As somewhat frequent travelers (or at least having that mindset) I think we can all especially appreciate it.

-J.
J, I saw Come From Away on cable. What a great production! Still haven't had a chance to catch it on Broadway. Speaking of which, I miss Broadway so much. The last show I saw was Moulin Rouge in late 2019. I'm just not ready to go back.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
SuperG, they had that same system in the Caymans for years, HATED it.

Big snowstorm overnight, estimating we received about a foot. We had fun this morning getting out the side door for our morning routine. This picture was AFTER I had shoveled 3-4 inches last night. Driveway shovelers are at the house now and my street has been plowed...may have to head to the local park later If not, still have plenty of unpacking/reorganizing to do.

We had probably 6-8 inches. I shoveled the back patio so I can take Grace outside. The neighbor is shoveling the front porch and sidewalk, and I believe another neighbor will snowblow the driveway. If not, I'll head out later to do that.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by jrl767
Peeka is evidently plotting something
I found Hobbes plotting something last night too. In this case, I think I know what it is. (BTW, he didn't get it.)

Sit there as innocuously as you like Hobbes, but I see you.
N830MH, catmndu and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Pumpkin seems very confused. We got some flurries in Dallas over the weekend according to our neighbors.
I think comes from a couple of things....I'm correcting him when he bites the shovel (he's been a bit mouthy lately), the snow was really deep (he could barely hop in the yard), he is WORN out from yesterday's park time (about 45 minutes of pure running, he was dead asleep at 8am this morning, VERY rare) and he cut his paw somehow this morning (tiny drops of blood on the deck).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: US, HH

Highly recommend seeing "Come From Away" if you get the opportunity. As somewhat frequent travelers (or at least having that mindset) I think we can all especially appreciate it.

-J.
I saw it in London right before covid. I found it very moving (no pun intended, lol those who have seen it might see the pun!) and very well done. Highly recommended.
obscure2k, N830MH and GW McLintock like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
I found Hobbes plotting something last night too. In this case, I think I know what it is. (BTW, he didn't get it.)

Sit there as innocuously as you like Hobbes, but I see you.

Ahhh! That looks like my cat Jennifer. Orange tabby. He’s so cute!

By the way, my cat Jennifer sleep with me for every night. Again, again and again. She loves me very much.
navi_jen and LadyWrites like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GrjApp
I saw it in London right before covid. I found it very moving (no pun intended, lol those who have seen it might see the pun!) and very well done. Highly recommended.
It's been playing in Minneapolis, although at least several performances have been cancelled due to COVID-19. The story sounds very interesting (in fact,I had been considering starting a thread in either TravelBuzz or OMNI) but the TV ads look contrived almost like a parody of the situation, so I've been debating whether I want to try to see it.

My guess is that's there's more than one company doing it. I had assumed that the Minneapolis run was pre-Broadway (which has been the case for many plays over the years).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is that's there's more than one company doing it. I had assumed that the Minneapolis run was pre-Broadway (which has been the case for many plays over the years).
It’s the National Tour currently playing in MSP.
The Broadway production is still playing, along with London and Sydney.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Not a micro-country but my Republic of Viet-Nam passport stamps are not all that common. They date from 1962 and 1963.
Do you have stamps for the Kingdoms of Laos and Cambodia too?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

-J.
My parents recently saw it in their home town and really enjoyed it and recommended seeing it if I get a chance somewhere/sometime.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Do you have stamps for the Kingdoms of Laos and Cambodia too?
I wish I did but they weren't open to recreational travel back then and if you somehow happened to go there, you didn't need a passport.

Thailand was a regular place to visit. I'll check that PP the next time I'm near it to see what it was officially named back then. Most likely - Kingdom of Thailand.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
The Austin housing market is still as crazy as ever. The house we offered on hand 11 offers and ended up going $100k over the asking price.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
The Austin housing market is still as crazy as ever. The house we offered on hand 11 offers and ended up going $100k over the asking price.
I'm sorry
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I'm sorry
we didn’t think we would get this one based on all of the other offers, but I expected to get outbid by 15-20k, not 90k!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:33 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.