Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bitte, ein Bit!

Tomorrow is <wait for it> ***International Beer Day.***
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Bitte, ein Bit!
I have not yet visited the brewery, but I’ve heard good things about the tour. The town of Bitburg is very close to Spangdahlem Air Base.

Good to know! I have a retirement ceremony to attend tomorrow, and the reception is being held at the Belgian Bistro which of course has Belgian beers on tap and in bottles.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Bitte, ein Bit!

Hmmm. Normally not as much of a beer drinker but maybe I’ll have to get a beer in F on my flight from DAY to ATL tomorrow.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been in Bitburg too, but not in the brewery.

Belgian framboise (beer) is very refreshing on a hot day, although it can be more alcoholic than you think.

A Belgian bistro might serve rabbit or chicken braised in beer, sometimes the dark cherry beer. It seems to be their special national comfort food. Of course, it's not the same as American beer can chicken.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:06 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Glad everyone is alright! Hope it all works out for you. I won’t be on HH tonight but have had some Thorsday libations of Bitburger and Elijah Craig (not mixed). The Bitburger pils is a solid go-to beer (plus I think the last case I bought was €13.99 for 20x 0.5L bottles), and their hoppy collaboration with Deschutes is surprisingly good.
Thanks. I went to urgent care because I hit my head in the impact and am generally sore. I don't have a concussion, although they think I did strain my neck.

I could enjoy a Bitburger or two.
Bitte, ein Bit!

Today is National IPA Day.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Thanks. I went to urgent care because I hit my head in the impact and am generally sore. I don't have a concussion, although they think I did strain my neck.
ugh, bummer, you have had an inordinately rough year so far

Today is National IPA Day.
🍺🍺 and on that note, it’s time to decide on my IPA for HH (I think I may actually have four from which to choose, which is a good problem to have)🍺🍺
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

🍺🍺 and on that note, it’s time to decide on my IPA for HH (I think I may actually have four from which to choose, which is a good problem to have)🍺🍺

It's been challenging at times. The good news is that we're both generally fine (I'll be sore tomorrow, I'm sure, and I'm already in pain), and my mother still managed to get her Evusheld infusion today.

I'm drinking Victory Festbier tonight before I call it a night.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:10 pm

[/color]

It's been challenging at times. The good news is that we're both generally fine (I'll be sore tomorrow, I'm sure, and I'm already in pain), and my mother still managed to get her Evusheld infusion today.

I'm drinking Victory Festbier tonight before I call it a night.
I hope you're both doing as well as possible in the circumstances.

The zoo was fun, but getting there was a pain. Just as I was about to leave, I heard that there was shooting at the Mall of America and therefore a heavy police presence, with a lockdown expected. Since I would normally drive right past it on my way to the zoo, I had to regroup and figure out some other route. As a result, I got there later than I had wanted. Traffic and parking was a big mess. I think they sold a lot more tickets than for previous versions of adults night out at the zoo. There were lots of food trucks and eight bands this time. Getting home was relatively easy; MOA was empty with no signs of police, not even around the airport hotel that seems to have been the focus of the search for the shooter.

Does anyone want to do HH Part II tonight? I'm in the zoom room.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
A Belgian bistro might serve rabbit or chicken braised in beer, sometimes the dark cherry beer. It seems to be their special national comfort food. Of course, it's not the same as American beer can chicken.
I actually confused two places. This is at the Belgian bar which is run by the Belgian Support Unit and serves very inexpensive beers, typically on Thursday afternoons. Since this is a special event the beers might even be free for guests today, but I’ll only have one since I’ll have to drive.

There’s another place nearby that is called Belgian Bistro and is an actual restaurant. I’ve only been there for an event with a buffet, so I’m not sure what Belgian specialties they offer. For a place with an extensive high alcohol beer selection, it’s unfortunate that it’s nowhere near public transit options. It is, however, along a bike path and at the top of a hill so you can get a workout getting there and coast down.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:20 am

Good mooooorning Vietnam Germany! It sounds like the Belgians know where to put a restaurant, if not how to party. Does the place have lace curtains?

Wouldn't you expect a retirement celebration reception (especially in Europe) to have free alcohol, of course with the understanding that people behave responsibly if the guests are military officers? Is this something that you're expected (volunteered by someone up the food chain) to attend? Please report back.

BTW, chocolate and red wine is a good combination; chocolate and beer, not recommended.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I actually ended up having a couple of friends stay over when their Delta Connection flight canceled last night, and we went out for dinner. Turns out I left one of my credit cards in Manhattan, along with the extra Diet Coke New card is already on the way but I'm pretty bummed about the soda.

-J.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Sorry I missed HH but I was busy grilling dinner. I almost hate to ruin a Filet Mignon by subjecting it to fire but I did remove a substantial chunk to eat raw, which is the best way to have a Filet. Think of it as Beef Sushi.

Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767

kipper, I agree with jrl, I hope that the year improves for you.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Finally catching up on the thread. Hope everyone had fun last night. I just got back from LGA -- new new departures lane is nice in that there's actually space to pull over, though I didn't enjoy having "get out and go!" yelled at us every 10 seconds. Also drove by the old terminal C check-in area (the final vestige of the old LGA, not including the MAT).

If I'm on HH tonight, I will likely either be drinking heavily or not drinking at all.

The short version if we're fine, but my mother's SUV is at a tow yard, waiting for an estimate on the body damage caused by someone who took a turn in the wrong lane and hit us.
Glad you are okay. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

-J.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:28 am

I hope you're both doing as well as possible in the circumstances.

The zoo was fun, but getting there was a pain. Just as I was about to leave, I heard that there was shooting at the Mall of America and therefore a heavy police presence, with a lockdown expected. Since I would normally drive right past it on my way to the zoo, I had to regroup and figure out some other route. As a result, I got there later than I had wanted. Traffic and parking was a big mess. I think they sold a lot more tickets than for previous versions of adults night out at the zoo. There were lots of food trucks and eight bands this time. Getting home was relatively easy; MOA was empty with no signs of police, not even around the airport hotel that seems to have been the focus of the search for the shooter.

Does anyone want to do HH Part II tonight? I'm in the zoom room.
Thanks. It's time for my morning Advil.

Glad you had fun at the zoo, but that trip home sounds rough.
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
kipper, I agree with jrl, I hope that the year improves for you.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Finally catching up on the thread. Hope everyone had fun last night. I just got back from LGA -- new new departures lane is nice in that there's actually space to pull over, though I didn't enjoy having "get out and go!" yelled at us every 10 seconds. Also drove by the old terminal C check-in area (the final vestige of the old LGA, not including the MAT).

Glad you are okay. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

-J.
Thanks.

I'm waiting to hear from the insurance company today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.