Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Today is National Hot Dog Day. Enjoy!
GW McLintock and fsuj25 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
hot dog today, ice cream on Sun, bourbon a couple weeks ago ... who the heck declares this stuff, some random poster on Reddit or BuzzFeed? if not, how does a food or beverage marketing association get on the list? and what's next, National Dill Pickle Day?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm still waiting on details of the Distillery Do, but any interest in doing this on the 16th or after the Distillery Do on the 17th?

https://www.amazingco.me/us/experien...east-allegheny
Mmm, the concept sounds interesting but I think I'll pass. It sounds like a lot of work when we could just be sitting and drinking

Originally Posted by jrl767
hot dog today, ice cream on Sun, bourbon a couple weeks ago ... who the heck declares this stuff, some random poster on Reddit or BuzzFeed? if not, how does a food or beverage marketing association get on the list? and what's next, National Dill Pickle Day?
National Curmudgeons Day is January 29th
​​​​ But yes, it's kinda ridiculous.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It is possible to buy calendars with one special (national or international) day indicated for every day of the year. Some of the federal holidays and semi-holidays seem to be presidential or congressional declaration (MLK Day, children's day, grandparents' day, Presidents' Day to replace Washington and Lincoln birthdays, etc.). An administrative assistant in my office had one and would post a "today is....." sign on her door for fun.

Who declares special months (Black History Month, etc.)? Is a month better or worse than a day and does the answer depend on whether the day is a Monday holiday?

BTW, speaking of food, has anyone else noticed from the TV ad distinctive voice that the same guy who does the Chewy (medications in peanut butter, so it's peanut butter day when the delivery arrives) dog voices also reads as a human for DQ? Either ad makes me do a double take. Maybe that's the intent......I notice and pay attention to the ads enough to convince myself that it really is the same voice.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:58 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Mmm, the concept sounds interesting but I think I'll pass. It sounds like a lot of work when we could just be sitting and drinking

National Curmudgeons Day is January 29th
​​​​ But yes, it's kinda ridiculous.
That's a good point.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
REALLY hope you're talking about the first part of Zorak's post that you quoted
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
... and what's next, National Dill Pickle Day?
I thought you'd never ask: National Pickle Day
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry for brining that up
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
And according an issue of Life Magazine celebrating the inaugural National Pickle Week in 1949, this picklehead's real name was Mr. Dill Pickle:

Dill Pickle relaxing on his rubber dhingy.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry for brining that up
You might be an old salt, but then I might not be done with you yet.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 20, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gotta quit gherkin us around
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a holiday that's a big dill: It's National Pickle Day!
Nov 14, 2021 — How does a cucumber become a pickle? It goes through a jarring experience.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hope everyone had a happy hump/moon/hot dog// day! I just got back from the gym.

-J.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:09 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
REALLY hope you're talking about the first part of Zorak's post that you quoted
Maybe...
gotta quit gherkin us around
Sigh
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He had a long shelf life for a pickle. RIP Dill:

hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.