Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I was thinking about having eggs for breakfast, so imagine my delight when I found one in the tomato planter just now

It's a beautiful day to feed pigeons popcorn and breadcrumbs. I hope they are smart enough to eat it, but I'm not counting on it.

-J.
We ran out of eggs yesterday because my mother-in-law made a delicious smoked salmon, feta, and asparagus frittata for dinner last night.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
We ran out of eggs yesterday because my mother-in-law made a delicious smoked salmon, feta, and asparagus frittata for dinner last night.
We ran out of eggs over the weekend from me making French Toast one day and then breakfast burritos the other day. The remaining vodka in the house also got depleted while making "Twisted Tea" (with Chick-Fil-A sweet tea) to go with said breakfasts.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jul 6, 2022 at 7:36 am
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I was thinking about having eggs for breakfast, so imagine my delight when I found one in the tomato planter just now

It's a beautiful day to feed pigeons popcorn and breadcrumbs. I hope they are smart enough to eat it, but I'm not counting on it.

-J.
LOL, they were thinking of you.
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
We ran out of eggs over the weekend from me making French Toast one day and then breakfast burritos the other day. The remaining vodka in the house also got depleted while making "Twisted Tea" (with Chick-Fil-A sweet tea) to go with said breakfasts.
A breakfast invite would be nice.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is ATOBTTR the household cook or just the breakfast chef?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Mrs. WS93 accidentally returned our Avis rental car to Hertz's Downtown Denver rental location yesterday. Thankfully the nice people at Hertz drove it the block and a half to Avis for us as I had a receipt before she even realized she took it to the wrong place.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Mrs. WS93 accidentally returned our Avis rental car to Hertz's Downtown Denver rental location yesterday. Thankfully the nice people at Hertz drove it the block and a half to Avis for us as I had a receipt before she even realized she took it to the wrong place.
Oops! Glad they dropped it off for her.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by kipper
Oops! Glad they dropped it off for her.
Yeah, I was impressed!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw this on a co-worker’s desk today. Immediately thought of GW McLintock

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is ATOBTTR the household cook or just the breakfast chef?
Mostly me but we both do cooking. In all honesty on a lot of nights, Chick-Fil-A or some other restaurant in the area does the cooking. A lot of chains around me but we do have a handful of good local places to choose from too.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I think that, excluding a few airplane bottles, all the liquor we have is bourbon or rye so they wouldn’t work here.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We ran out of eggs because Mrs.SG dropped the carton on the kitchen floor. 😒

It didn't matter to me since I'd already started on the leftover capellini from the previous night's' dinner. 😁
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR;[url=tel:34402298
34402298[/url]]
Saw this on a co-worker’s desk today. Immediately thought of GW McLintock

Mostly me but we both do cooking. In all honesty on a lot of nights, Chick-Fil-A or some other restaurant in the area does the cooking. A lot of chains around me but we do have a handful of good local places to choose from too.
I am stealing that picture and sending it to a few friends.

I, and I suspect the foster coordinator at the shelter who called my dog her “boyfriend”, may have conditioned my dog to love Chick Fil A. He gets super excited if we drive by a Chic Fil A.
The nuggets were his treat all those times I brought him with me in work road trips and he had to sit in the car for three or four hours.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by fsuj25

I, and I suspect the foster coordinator at the shelter who called my dog her “boyfriend”, may have conditioned my dog to love Chick Fil A. He gets super excited if we drive by a Chic Fil A.
The nuggets were his treat all those times I brought him with me in work road trips and he had to sit in the car for three or four hours.
Geno and Cobaka loved Chick-fil-A. They could tell from the bag.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by kipper;[url=tel:34403146
34403146[/url]]Geno and Cobaka loved Chick-fil-A. They could tell from the bag.
Kazak recognizes the bag too. It took one time of me bringing home a bag with only chocolate cookies for me to realize the bag sets expectations he wants met.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:49 pm

Kazak recognizes the bag too. It took one time of me bringing home a bag with only chocolate cookies for me to realize the bag sets expectations he wants met.
Yes, there were definitely expectations when I'd bring home one of their bags.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may already be familiar with it but CFA will give (for free) a “Pup Cup” which is just a small cup with whipped cream. We’ll often take our dog with us to CFA and ask for a pup cup when going through the drive-thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.