Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
what, no pigeons?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
My sister is returning to TPA from Maine today. The flight into LGA ran on time, but the TPA flight is delayed 50 minutes. The plane is at the gate, so I guess it's weather, crew, ATC, or a mechanical.

Hopefully it will be resolved and she will be home this evening.

Then I am on my way to LAX on the 10th....

David
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I started the day with a nice group bike ride, and we just returned from the international street food festival in our town. We shared lumpia, poutine, and a burrito. All in all, it was a pretty good SATurDAY.
planes&trains likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
first Big Green Egg collaboration of the summer w son yesterday

libations were an Aperol spritz-ish concoction (thanks to GW for mentioning that at Drunk DO)
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Some favorites from the zoo today...

-J.
Originally Posted by jrl767
what, no pigeons?
GW was thinking about a neighborhood French restaurant for dinner this evening. Pigeon was out since they won't serve it, so he went to the zoo to check out the menu possibilities. I believe that he's decided on la viande de cheval.
MSPeconomist and fsuj25 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Happy Sunday everyone! I made chocolate-peanut butter cookies and brown sugar bacon twists to bring to a BBQ today. It's pretty cloudy right now but it should clear up by noon.

-J.
planes&trains likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Happy Sunday everyone! I made chocolate-peanut butter cookies and brown sugar bacon twists to bring to a BBQ today. It's pretty cloudy right now but it should clear up by noon.

-J.
The weather should be fine by afternoon. Have a fun day.

Traffic on Friday was much lighter than we expected. I don.t think you'll hit much traffic noonish but if the LIE is a parking lot you might tuck this in the back of your mind - GCP/NS - Wantagh or 109 - SO or Sunrise.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jul 3, 2022 at 8:19 am
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The weather should be fine by afternoon. Have a fun day.

Traffic on Friday was much lighter than we expected. I don.t think you'll hit much traffic noonish but if the LIE is a parking lot you might tuck this in the back of your mind - GCP/NS - Wantagh or 109 - SO or Sunrise.
Let's just say it's a good thing I'm not driving today

-J.
SuperG1955 and planes&trains like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
GW was thinking about a neighborhood French restaurant for dinner this evening. Pigeon was out since they won't serve it, so he went to the zoo to check out the menu possibilities. I believe that he's decided on la viande de cheval.
If it weren't for my FlyerTalk travels, there are several native cuisines I might never have tried: kangaroo, horse, camel, emu, crocodile, ostrich. I did encounter a whale burger & reindeer before I found FT.

A horse is a horse,
Of course, of course,
Except when the horse
Is the mealtime course.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Elk, wild boar, pheasant, goose, rabbit?

How about pigeon?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Today was a very interesting day. Client moved our standing 11:30a status meeting to 9:00a in order to get us out before the Colorado Avalanche Stan;ey Cup Parade. After the parade, we decided to hang out at the hotel and, when I got a poor weather alert from United we all decided to try and get out of town early. My 2 coworkers paid the $75 to confirm seats on the earlier American flight while I decided to roll the dice vs. paying $150 to confirm myself on the earlier United flight.

Fortunately I was #1 on the upgrade list and made it to DEN just as group 1 was boarding. Plane was full but managed to clear into a middle bulkhead in Y. Was happy to get home early!

A few pics from the parade

Budweiser in Colorado? That's Coors country.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Elk, wild boar, pheasant, goose, rabbit?

How about pigeon?
Forgot about elk, a few others from American hunting: deer, bear, squirrel, beaver. The big ones were bagged by others; I'm a lousy hunter.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Forgot about elk, a few others from American hunting: deer, bear, squirrel, beaver. The big ones were bagged by others; I'm a lousy hunter.
.....and I forgot about deer (venison).

I've never had camel or donkey and I don't particularly want to try either one.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Happy SunDAY from King’s Island. DMs get front line privileges on the Diamondback coaster. Didn’t include me since I’m a lowly PM.

Nice day here and shockingly not too crowded, at least yet.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....and I forgot about deer (venison).

I've never had camel or donkey and I don't particularly want to try either one.
Camel, at the Overlanders in Alice Springs during OzFest 2014, was quite tasty. They were brought in to ferry supplies for the telegraph relay stations between Adelaide and Darwin. When the railroad finally reached Alice Springs around 1920, they were no longer needed and turned loose, on the assumption that they quickly die out. As with other invasive species in Australia, that was a bad assumption.

I presume donkey would be similar to horse. I had a horse burger at Hot Horse during the Ljubljana DO in 2006, ordered with all the usual fixings, basically = a Big Mac. It tasted fine, couldn't really tell any difference from beef. But I kept thinking about what I was eating, barely managing to get down & keep it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.