Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Jun 30, 22, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Happy Thorsday and happy Friday for me! Also the Drunk DO eve.

In not-so-happy news, I have called off the pigeon plan. I just scared two of them away and they kept walking right past the plate of cereal. I'm wondering if it's because the plate was red so they couldn't see it.

-J.
Old Jun 30, 22, 5:55 am

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, AA PLT, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I don't plan to stop flying, but all of the operational issues and horrendous lines in airports (such as a couple hours to enter AMS) have made me less enthusiastic about trying to fly this summer.
My wife doesn't believe me since I'm almost always looking for excuses to fly somewhere and looking to make the flying more "fun" which often involves more complex than otherwise necessary itineraries; however, I'm 1) really happy I'm actually not flying anywhere this holiday weekend and 2) will be less likely to plan/undertake complex itineraries or itineraries that might involve more "risk" for a while until the operational issues settle down to minimize the already higher than normal probability of things going south. For example, I just booked a ticket to LIH. For both AA and DL, if I wanted to use miles, I could not book as Ohio-DFW-HNL-LIH or Ohio-ATL/MSP-HNL-LIH on one ticket. I could book direct into LIH but it was via PHX or LAX on AA or LAX or SEA on DL with domestic F. If I wanted the lie-flat options via DFW or ATL/MSP, I would have to book as two tickets: one ticket to HNL and then a separate ticket on HA for HNL-LIH. In other times I would be more okay to take that "risk" and just book a comfortable "layover" in HNL to allow enough time to claim bags, switch terminals, and recheck for the island hopper. But with operational issues and schedule changes being what they are, I opted to use a DL voucher and book a revenue ticket that was booked to LIH on one ticket.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
There is always the bus.

-J.
If by "bus" you mean an "Airbus", then yes, preferably on an Airbus A350 in the pointy end of the jet.
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
If by "bus" you mean an "Airbus", then yes, preferably on an Airbus A350 in the pointy end of the jet.
That's not what I meant

-J.
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Happy Thorsday and happy Friday for me! Also the Drunk DO eve.

In not-so-happy news, I have called off the pigeon plan. I just scared two of them away and they kept walking right past the plate of cereal. I'm wondering if it's because the plate was red so they couldn't see it.

-J.
Thank you for calling off the pigeon plan.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:57 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have another idea for the pigeons that does not involve cereal, but at this point it will have to wait until next week.

-J.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Thank you for calling off the pigeon plan.
Plan B for pigeons? I don't know how long it would take for the current birds to die of old age.
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I have another idea for the pigeons that does not involve cereal, but at this point it will have to wait until next week.

-J.
Are you going to try to feed them poisoned chicken?
Old Jun 30, 22, 12:14 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by GW McLintock;[url=tel:34383306
34383306[/url]]Happy Thorsday and happy Friday for me! Also the Drunk DO eve.

-J.
you need to keep the updates coming. Otherwise my career as a narrator will be very short lived.

Ill try to make HH tonight but I’m hoping to make an earlier flight back that would put me on a plane at 7
Old Jun 30, 22, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was going to try and take a nap before HH and the DO tonight, but couldn't fall asleep. Oh well.

-J.
Old Jun 30, 22, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
There is always the bus.

-J.
For his routing, a truck might be better:

Old Jun 30, 22, 10:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
Today was a very interesting day. Client moved our standing 11:30a status meeting to 9:00a in order to get us out before the Colorado Avalanche Stan;ey Cup Parade. After the parade, we decided to hang out at the hotel and, when I got a poor weather alert from United we all decided to try and get out of town early. My 2 coworkers paid the $75 to confirm seats on the earlier American flight while I decided to roll the dice vs. paying $150 to confirm myself on the earlier United flight.

Fortunately I was #1 on the upgrade list and made it to DEN just as group 1 was boarding. Plane was full but managed to clear into a middle bulkhead in Y. Was happy to get home early!

A few pics from the parade

Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was productive this morning -- got the car inspected, and while that was taking place I went to the fancy Italian supermarket (instead of the Dollar Tree). Time to bring the car to my brother and then figure out the rest of the day.

-J.
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
I'm off today, need to handle a few things at home before heading to the lake
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some favorites from the zoo today...

-J.

Search this Thread