Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy SATurDAY! My in-laws arrive Tuesday, so our major task this weekend is to de-clutter the house so our cleaning lady can deep clean Monday before they arrive. I was also excited to find a six-pack of 1.25L bottles of Fanta Lemon Ohne Zucker (without sugar) at Aldi today. I first bought one bottle a couple weeks ago, and I think I like it even more than Fanta Orange.
I knew what Ohne Zucker meant without the explanation.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Limoncello is alcoholic. In this case I'm referring to non-alcoholic carbonated drinks.
I know. The word addicted made me think of it.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:38 pm

Happy Sunday, Lounge! I'm having a quiet day, although I am working on the laundry that's been piling up since I got back from Costa Rica.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Personally, I'm celebrating being a horrible person by having some very good wine tonight.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
Happy Sunday, Lounge! I'm having a quiet day, although I am working on the laundry that's been piling up since I got back from Costa Rica.
Laundry is a woman thing. When I was single, the laundry would pile up. If I ran out of anything I'd just buy more.

When I got married he last time I had almost 100 pair of underwear, the same or greater pairs if socks and dozens of t-shirts and dress shirts. Since I never threw anything out and still wear much of what I had, I get asked all the time where I got my antique t-shirts. 😊😊😊
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Personally, I'm celebrating being a horrible person by having some very good wine tonight.
Hmmm, perhaps I'll have a glass of wine instead of a beer tonight.
Laundry is a woman thing. When I was single, the laundry would pile up. If I ran out of anything I'd just buy more.

When I got married he last time I had almost 100 pair of underwear, the same or greater pairs if socks and dozens of t-shirts and dress shirts. Since I never threw anything out and still wear much of what I had, I get asked all the time where I got my antique t-shirts. 😊😊😊
LOL, I have enough clothes that I could go a month without doing laundry.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the joke in the 767 household is when someone says they’re nearly out of clean underwear, the other only-halfway-flippantly says something like “well, time to go buy some more!”
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
Hmmm, perhaps I'll have a glass of wine instead of a beer tonight.

LOL, I have enough clothes that I could go a month without doing laundry.
Much better to relax with an adult beverage of choice then to do laundry.

Remember, never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after. That especially applies to something you don't have to do yet.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:17 am

Much better to relax with an adult beverage of choice then to do laundry.

Remember, never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after. That especially applies to something you don't have to do yet.
Considering I still have 3 or 4 loads of laundry to do, completing two yesterday was progress.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
My sister apparently lives quite the charmed life. Everything ran on time Sunday and they even breezed through their one hour connection in LGA as the arrival and departure gates were about 5 gates apart.

Saturday will be more of a trick being a holiday weekend and traveling later in the day.

Thank you!

David
Zorak likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Good morning lounge!

Catching up after a busy weekend.

no kitten sightings since the neighbors picked them up Thursday. I’m glad they’re at least being kept in a more secure location.

I dealt with laundry yesterday, including folding and putting away several loads of clean clothes that had been sitting there for weeks and putting away winter clothes. I wish all of you struggling with laundry the same level of accomplishment I felt yesterday.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I did laundry but it is sitting neatly folded in the cart for a few days now. Need to just put it away -- maybe I can do that today. Also need to empty and reload the dishwasher and go grocery shopping.

I was going to do those last two things last night, but I was feeling totally unmotivated and went to bed around 8:30.

-J.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I miss our American washer and dryer. The ones we have now are tiny, and you have to empty the water manually because there isn't a drain. I usually use it to water my plants.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:40 am

Do you have one of those portable washers that hook up to a faucet, often using the one in the bathtub? They're strange. However, I've also had an apartment in Germany where the washer and dryer looked more like the USA versions, with the washing machine being permanently hooked up to plumbing. The big difference was the two or three hour cycle with 90 C water. (Do you like to cook your clothes?)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Today begins my plan to get rid of the pigeons -- or so I thought. I put out a shallow dish with some cereal to attract the birds, but so far they have not arrived yet.

I was planning to do this for a few days and then on Friday to replace the food with rat poison. An associate at the Home Depot assured me that product would work, but I need the birds to come here first.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.