Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today I walked past Grace's hair. nails, and wine bar. Will she be doing HH tonight?
Grace is uncertain if she'll be doing happy hour tonight. Taking care of her Grandma is exhausting.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Greetings from UA4268 nonstop service to Shreveport! Once again I’m missing HH this week since I’m traveling back from Denver
Zorak likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Greetings from UA4268 nonstop service to Shreveport! Once again I’m missing HH this week since I’m traveling back from Denver
Was that your ERJ flight?

For any Delta Reserve card holders in here who didn’t hear, you can now request a replacement card “made from 25% recycled metal from Delta Ship #6307, a Boeing 747-400 retired in November 2017.” You should be able to request it in Account Services->Replace a Card. That threw an error for me, but I was able to request it over the phone last night and received a confirmation email this morning.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Happy Friday Lounge™! Sorry I could only stop by for a minute last night. Hoping today goes by quickly since it's been an especially-long week, but I was getting work for today while I was out at dinner last night.

-J.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mattp1987

For any Delta Reserve card holders in here who didn’t hear, you can now request a replacement card “made from 25% recycled metal from Delta Ship #6307, a Boeing 747-400 retired in November 2017.” You should be able to request it in Account Services->Replace a Card. That threw an error for me, but I was able to request it over the phone last night and received a confirmation email this morning.
I requested our 3 online yesterday. 1 was to a different on-file shipping address and was handled with no need to call.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I worked until 8pm last night, no happy hour for me

But
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Yep, those little things suck but you can't beat a direct. Plus, everything into SHV is on an RJ these days.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yep, those little things suck but you can't beat a direct. Plus, everything into SHV is on an RJ these days.
You can certainly beat a direct. My motto is “why fly direct when you can connect?” Connections mean more takeoffs and landings. More MQMs when flying DL. Allows for lounge time (which for me means plane watching time). Connections also mean more opportunities to add new lines to the Flight Memory map.

I’ll also connect to avoid certain aircraft types or to avoid middle seats. An ERJ-145 is tolerable if you can get a seat on the single seat side. On the two side, forget it. It’s tight.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
You can certainly beat a direct. My motto is “why fly direct when you can connect?” Connections mean more takeoffs and landings. More MQMs when flying DL. Allows for lounge time (which for me means plane watching time). Connections also mean more opportunities to add new lines to the Flight Memory map.

I’ll also connect to avoid certain aircraft types or to avoid middle seats. An ERJ-145 is tolerable if you can get a seat on the single seat side. On the two side, forget it. It’s tight.
From DEN, I would have to connect in ATL to fly to SHV, basically tripling the flight time only to be stuck on a CR2 for the ATL-SHV leg. American is out for me which just leaves United's single daily direct or a connection in Houstion from UA mainline to Express.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
From DEN, I would have to connect in ATL to fly to SHV, basically tripling the flight time only to be stuck on a CR2 for the ATL-SHV leg. American is out for me which just leaves United's single daily direct or a connection in Houstion from UA mainline to Express.
For me that situation might well have come down to seat availability.

It’s difficult not to avoid AA at DAY. UA only serves IAD and ORD with 50 seaters with limited frequency. DL is 3-4x daily to ATL and a couple more flights to DTW and soon LGA. Meanwhile AA has multiple dailies to ORD, CLT, DFW, PHL. DCA, and LGA. Plus AA has most of the GSA City Pair contracts out of DAY for USG travel.

I can get more options out of CVG and CMH. The downside is driving to and from CVG and CMH, especially at the current price of gas.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
We’ll, yeah, when the alternative is a CR2, the ERJ-145 ain’t so bad.

As far as adding connections, that’s very situation dependent for me. If I’m flying home at the end of a workday, I’d probably take the nonstop. If I have a dedicated travel day, I’m happy to connect to earn some MQMs. With travel for pleasure, if I’m just going out of town for the weekend I’d generally prefer to minimize travel time to maximize time at the destination, but if I’m taking a week or more to travel internationally I’ll add connections to fly interesting aircraft and/or to save miles/money.
El Boocho and navi_jen like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:56 am

I was flying home after the work week and because of Thursday status meetings I can't make it out of the client any earlier than 2-2:30. With all the construction on I-70 through Denver it takes about an hour to get to DEN so I'm limited on what flights I have available. Fortunately they have a 5:45p DEN-DFW that I take almost every week. Just needed to be in SHV this weekend so the E145 it was.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This is some expert-level trolling

fsuj25, mattp1987, ATOBTTR and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
he's likely younger than the bottle of Pappy
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Zorak

What a way to ruin a can of Mountain Dew.
Actually, it's unbelievable that there's a way to ruin or contaminate Mountain Dew.
GW McLintock, Zorak and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.