Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
24 hours later, credit line still tied up, card still maxed, no tickets.

More interactions with Delta reps, none productive.

It's pathetic to see how low Delta's customer service has sunk.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Yesterday was World Parrot Day ...
So celebrate: Parrot, Three Ways

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 1, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to being hump day, it is also World Reef Day.

Yesterday was World Parrot Day as well as International Flight Attendant Day.

I am celebrating today by participating in a 90-minute reserach study tonight, and then going to Staples and Trader Joe's (and possibly my local supermarket, too).

-J.
Next will be World (Be Kind to a) Pigeon Day.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
So celebrate: Parrot, Three Ways
I regret clicking that link

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Next will be World (Be Kind to a) Pigeon Day.
Yes. We can be kind by taking them out of their misery

-J.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Got caught up in the LGA meltdown tonight. Pushed back (DL 5401 LGA-STL) just as the weather started to really turn... stuck it out until we hit the FAA 3 hour max, then returned to gate. Indefinite delay turned into a cancellation before I even made it off the jetbridge.

I don't blame DL for this, and I think everyone involved did the best they could. No one else fared any better DL proactively threw me 12.5k miles, which was appreciated! Flying out first thing tomorrow. Wouldn't have done better flying anyone else, unless you count the WN flight that's currently delayed 6 hours and counting...
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Lightbulb 75S SEA<>IAD, mid/late July

DL1681, out-and-back

lv SEA 0830 ar IAD 1628, lv IAD 1740 ar SEA 2025

I have a pair of placeholders on Fri flights in anticipation of Pentagon trips those weeks … yes DCA-LAX is an order of magnitude more convenient, but DL’s last LAX-SEA has already gone, and 1+08 to get from T2 to T6 for the last AS flight is *extremely* risky
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy Thorsday...for kipper seemed appropriate given Grace's visit today

I will not be hammered nor on HH...the booster is officially kicking my butt. I'm so achy it hurts to type.
GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
<shameless plug>

I will drink for both of us... tomorrow at the 23rd OMNI Bugger Virtual DO!

</shameless plug>

-J.
fsuj25 and wakesetter93 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
T + 48 hours and counting!

Still no tickets, credit card still maxed, decided not to waste any quality time this evening dealing with Delta's lobotomized customer "service" agents.

Last night I re-read some of our old (~2010) posts about Deltamatic. Sadly the 50's swamp monster, that had morphed into Deltamatic by the mid 60's, is still alive.

I wonder if they are making any progress on developing their new ITA Matrix-based reservations system announced a year ago? Or will they trash that as they trashed Northwest's superior reservations system 12-13 years ago?

If they actually do follow through (not holding my breath), I'll volunteer to drive a stake through Deltamatic's heart as its coffin is sealed.

I regret clicking that link .
Hungry?
volabam likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navi_jen
the booster is officially kicking my butt. I'm so achy it hurts to type.
That's a good sign! It means you have plenty of anti-bodies from your previous shot(s).
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
That's a good sign! It means you have plenty of anti-bodies from your previous shot(s).
Is that what that means? Would explain why the first shot kicked my butt 3 months after I had Covid
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Is that what that means? Would explain why the first shot kicked my butt 3 months after I had Covid
Quite likely!

My reaction got worse with each of my 3 shots. Not quite a month after #3, I'm pretty sure I had a mild case of COVID (cold got much worse after son tested positive and was sent home from school). Shot #4 is coming soon.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
​​​
Quite likely!

My reaction got worse with each of my 3 shots. Not quite a month after #3, I'm pretty sure I had a mild case of COVID (cold got much worse after son tested positive and was sent home from school). Shot #4 is coming soon.
Oh man. Having just got COVID (despite being vax’ed and 1x boosted) that makes me not excited to get Shot #4 if/when I decide to (or if we’re eventually ordered to though we haven’t been mandated to even get a booster yet so unsure if/when a mandate for military will come down for the boosters). I didn’t have much of a reaction to my first three except for being kinda tired the day of and day after each of my shots.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I was planning on holding off on my 2nd booster based on my reaction to the first two but my first booster was the mildest of them all
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Moderna booster is only one third of the first two regular Moderna shots for adults. For me, the second shot was very bad and the (first) booster not so bad.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The newest Kryptonium Medallion has arrived!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.