Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Apr 5, 22, 7:32 am

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: Delta PM, AA PLT, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
4A might be a dedicated crew rest seat? that said, I don't think JFK-CDG is long enough to require a third pilot
JFK-CDG going eastbound may not require it but CDG-JFK going back west blocks in at over 8 hours so I believe it does require a third pilot. Do routes where even if technically the eastbound route doesn’t require a third pilot but the westbound route does get treated as needing three pilots in both directions since the third pilot has to go one direction to then operate the other?
Old Apr 5, 22, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Thanks for the links Zorak!

One quick question, why are people referring to this plane as a 339?
Old Apr 5, 22, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LadyWrites View Post
Thanks for the links Zorak!

One quick question, why are people referring to this plane as a 339?
330-900, just like DL uses 738 for 737-800 and even CR9 for CRJ-900.
Old Apr 5, 22, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
330-900, just like DL uses 738 for 737-800 and even CR9 for CRJ-900.
That 'spains it, thanks!
Old Apr 5, 22, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, involuntary FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LadyWrites View Post
That 'spains it, thanks!
For more light reading see here: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...3g-73h-and-737
Old Apr 5, 22, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Well, that is interesting...in its own way, thanks!
Old Apr 6, 22, 6:44 am

jrl767 got to see them on departure. I got to see the Cherry Blossoms on arrival. Taken yesterday during the River Visual to 19 at DCA on a rainy morning. I was asked to go on a very last minute trip after the person who was supposed to go had to cancel at the last minute so a quick trip to DC this week.

(CheAAting on DL for this trip since I couldn’t make DL work since AA has the GSA city pair and the fares DL returned were 2-3x the cost which I won’t try to justify when it’s more expensive than the contract carrier).
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVPG, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rwds
I just took a nap for 10 minutes and I feel like a different person.

Not sure who though...

-J.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
Sounds like you had much better luck with Lenovo than GW, my ThinkPad has been running hot and occasionally sounds like a helicopter but work says I'm not due for an upgrade.
My ThinkPads have just worked and been rock solid until my new C13 Yoga (a Chromebook with a trackpoint) needed to be sent to the depot to have the webcam cable reseated. Less than a week from requesting service until it was back and fixed.
Old Apr 6, 22, 6:30 pm

Just stepped out of a flight to ATL… a guy was watching a film where tits and ... were in full display. Personally I’m not shocked. I couldn’t care less. But I am surprised that nobody thinks this is inappropriate for a flight with kids on board.
Old Apr 6, 22, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW View Post
Just stepped out of a flight to ATL… a guy was watching a film where tits and ... were in full display. Personally I’m not shocked. I couldn’t care less. But I am surprised that nobody thinks this is inappropriate for a flight with kids on board.
On the IFE or on a personal device? I’ve watched films on the IFE that have had unedited/uncensored nudity which I found a bit surprising that the version wasn’t edited for content for the airline for the reason you mention. Meanwhile in the same IFE system, other movies have ridiculous editing even for language where it’s the “safe for tv” version with horrible voice-overs/edits.
FabCW likes this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by atobttr View Post
on the ife or on a personal device? I’ve watched films on the ife that have had unedited/uncensored nudity which i found a bit surprising that the version wasn’t edited for content for the airline for the reason you mention. Meanwhile in the same ife system, other movies have ridiculous editing even for language where it’s the “safe for tv” version with horrible voice-overs/edits.
ife 👀
Old Apr 7, 22, 6:54 am

Programs: In 2022? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets View Post
On the other hand, when I was checking one of my bags in the handle of it just came off when I was trying to lower it while on the scale. Check in agent was like you need to fully condense that down and I was just like yeah I don't think that's gonna happen as you can see it just broke...
That sucks. My B&R large checked bag gave up it's topside handle on my last trip. Luckily, the CLE (insert rant here) has a B&R dealer, so it's getting repaired right now. Of course, what I really want to do is sell my Olive set and get a navy blue set (it's gorgeous in person). That might have to be my self indulgent Christmas gift
Old Apr 7, 22, 6:57 am

Programs: In 2022? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post

jrl767 got to see them on departure. I got to see the Cherry Blossoms on arrival. Taken yesterday during the River Visual to 19 at DCA on a rainy morning. I was asked to go on a very last minute trip after the person who was supposed to go had to cancel at the last minute so a quick trip to DC this week.

(CheAAting on DL for this trip since I couldn’t make DL work since AA has the GSA city pair and the fares DL returned were 2-3x the cost which I won’t try to justify when it’s more expensive than the contract carrier).
Thanks for the pic. Regardless how many times I've done it, arrival/departure out of DCA is always a treat. It's simply a beautiful visual, particularly to the East. To the West, Arlington is quite attractive (from the air), Crystal City/Pentagon, notsomuch.

Oh, BTW GW McLintock SuperG1955 jrl767 Looking like I'll be in NYC and DC in mid June. I'm PM you offline, perhaps an impromptu meetup?
Old Apr 7, 22, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVPG, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rwds
Happy Thorsday!

-J.

Search this Thread