Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by navi_jen
My 18 month old Lenovo periodically won't recognize my charger...I think the USB port is loose. Of course, it was working when I took it to Microcenter...so I have a wireless type (USB stays plugged in 24/7) charging unit on order. Computers are now, more or less, very expensive consumption items
I had a similar issue in 2020-2021 when my computer would not charge and I had to always keep it plugged in. I thought it needed a new battery and I got a nasty email from a repair manager demanding why I thought I should get a new battery even though the battery warranty had expired Really weird experience and I forwarded it to customer service. Turns out it just needed a new system board.

Since then, I've had the system board replaced once more.

-J.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Flying SFO-ATL(-BWI) today, which due to equipment swap last night downgauged from 763 to 75H/D -- fingers crossed for VDB opportunity...

EDIT: score, $800

Last edited by Zorak; Mar 30, 2022 at 9:52 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've pretty well decided to take the overpowered Chromebook and underpowered and non-upgradeable MacBook Pro (M1) to Spain.
The Chromebook has the necessary storage (2 TB NVME M.2) and I use it all the time to do my primary work and to connect to remote systems with a few different products.
The MAC is a test machine for client support and product testing so I figure that this will be a good test of it's capabilities. I'm in the process of loading up the software I need and syncing to about 500GB of Dropbox stuff. So far it's going smoothly. It only has 1TB of storage but with 16GB of memory it's very quick.
The total weight of both of them is about 1lb. more than the Lenovo I'm getting so I'll put them in separate carry-on bags to simplify TSA security.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Apple is pretty good with replacing ‘puffy’ laptop batteries for free, even if the computer is off warranty. You just have to be willing to talk to the right person, preferably at an Apple Store. (Though that part is kind of annoying since the nearest one to us is something like New Orleans)
Lenovo only gives you one free change and only for 1 year unless you buy extended battery warranty coverage. The coverage costs more than an OEM replacement battery.

In this case, my initial assumption was a battery swelling issue but I checked it and it still has the original dimensions. Also, the case swelling from the heat is in the area of the cooling fans at the rear of the computer. The Lenovo diagnostic software doesn't even show that the cooling system is present, so that pretty well identifies it. It's a double fan system with thermal conduction bars.

The bottom of the computer. View from the hinge.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Yikes, there had to have been some serious heat to do that.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:44 pm

I don't hold back on the work I run and it tends to VERY CPU intensive. The Intel I7 8th Gen that's in it is known for generating heat and they also didn't do anything additional for the heat generated by the 2TB NVMe SSD which was getting a real workout from paging since the computer only had 8GB of RAM.

The replacement has 16GB of RAM and I'll add additional heat dissipation hardware when I swap the 2TB NVMe into it. It also has an 11th Gen I7 which runs cooler. I'll set the internal temp monitor software to alarm at a lower temp as well.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately, we can't go anywhere this year and we can't go to Florida. Because the ticket price is very expensive and gas price is too expensive. Due to high costs fuel. Probably I will go back to Switzerland for next year. I gotta save the money for next Switzerland trip. I will go see my brother and my nieces, too.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN Lounge....

And of course, happy Thorsday. (no pic, gotta get to work).
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
MAEN y’all.

I just booked a trip going out of Florida to see the family in Michigan over Memorial Day weekend and was pleasantly surprised that the price seemed pretty close to what that route typically is, maybe $25-$30 more.

So keep checking and be flexible on datas- you might find something reasonable this year yet.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
MAEN to everyone except the two pigeons.

-J.
catmndu likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning!

Here's the requisite Happy Thorsday photo.

navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Hello everyone. Just wanted to make my first post in the new lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Welcome (back) and happy Thorsday.

Yesterday morning I awoke to see white stuff covering the grass and pavement. Roads were icey then slushy so slippery all day and this morning too. Officially we got about an inch and a half of snow during the night and then another half inch or so in the daytime (depending on exactly where one is measuring the snow), although I only saw a couple light flurries. Today there's still snow in the grass, although the pavement generally looks dry. I want winter to end!

BTW, you're rapidly approaching post #11111.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
We may pull the boat out for the first time this season on Sunday. High of 82 and the sun will be shining!
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Welcome (back) and happy Thorsday.
BTW, you're rapidly approaching post #11111.
Wow - so I am. I will resist the urge to post pad though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.