Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I will soon, I have the standard black and white Texas plates on my truck and car right now but just ordered these for the truck. I'm on the Alumni Association board and it was a PITA to get these plates approved so I felt like I had to get them. I think they look sweet!

Thanks for developing Joe Burrow for us.

Signed,
A Cincinnati Bengals Fan

Despite moving from TX to OH last summer, we still have our TX plates on the cars. Don't plan on switching over to Ohio either since it's much cheaper to keep the vehicles registered in TX (but I am much happier paying Ohio auto-insurance rates).
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ok that's cool

I had "JET1 JL" on my first car; when we lived in the DC area we got "NW N8V" for one of the cars and "SEATTL3" for the other
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Thanks for developing Joe Burrow for us.

Signed,
A Cincinnati Bengals Fan

Despite moving from TX to OH last summer, we still have our TX plates on the cars. Don't plan on switching over to Ohio either since it's much cheaper to keep the vehicles registered in TX (but I am much happier paying Ohio auto-insurance rates).
That Burrow to Chase connection is something magical. I grew up a Patriots fan but the more LSU guys you add to the roster the more of a Bengals fan I become.

Also, be careful with the plates/insurance. When I first moved to Texas I kept my Louisiana plates but got Texas insurance. I got in some trouble and had to pay some fines because the insurance company wasn't allowed to write in the state of Louisiana and therefore the Louisiana DMV determined I was uninsured.

Originally Posted by jrl767
ok that's cool

I had "JET1 JL" on my first car; when we lived in the DC area we got "NW N8V" for one of the cars and "SEATTL3" for the other
One of my neighbors (haven't met him but see him driving when I'm out running) has "QF 8" on his car. Which is the flight number for the DFW-SYD QF A380 flight
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wasn't threatened with fines, but my insurance company insisted that I change plates when I moved.

In MN, you see a lot of "snowbird" plates on the road: people with second homes in FL, AZ, etc. prefer to register cars in such other states because it's cheaper.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
My insurance company didn't care. It was the state of Louisiana that got me.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
(US
That Burrow to Chase connection is something magical. I grew up a Patriots fan but the more LSU guys you add to the roster the more of a Bengals fan I become.

Also, be careful with the plates/insurance. When I first moved to Texas I kept my Louisiana plates but got Texas insurance. I got in some trouble and had to pay some fines because the insurance company wasn't allowed to write in the state of Louisiana and therefore the Louisiana DMV determined I was uninsured.
The pros of being military. TX is my state of legal residency so I keep my cars registered there but since I am stationed (live) in Ohio, I get to pay the insurance rates based on where I live, not where the car is registered. On many military bases, if you weren't sure what state you were in, you wouldn't be able to easily discern it by looking at the license plates of vehicles on the base (TX might be one of the exceptions because once many people get to TX, they opt to keep TX plates because registration is really cheap for many military personnel). I've seen quite a few Hawaii and Alaska plates on military bases.

One of my neighbors (haven't met him but see him driving when I'm out running) has "QF 8" on his car. Which is the flight number for the DFW-SYD QF A380 flight
I've thought about getting an aviation-themed custom plate but have never gone through with it.

A few months ago I was driving behind a car in Ohio near Wright-Patt with a standard Pennsylvania plate that read ​​​​"USAFA". My thought was "geee - I wonder where he went to school." (USAFA = US Air Force Academy)

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jan 6, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
a former co-worker at Wright-Patt had standard Ohio plates saying AF<two-digit number>YR ... she is in fact retired AF, and the number is only off by one from her actual years of commissioned service

funny story about our Virginia plates -- I was getting gas at Costco, and the guy on the other side of the pump island asked me if "NW N8V" referred to "Northwest DC" or the Northwest ... I said Seattle, he said he had lived there for 10-12 years, and after a few minutes of conversation we discovered we had both been on the F-22 and 767 AWACS programs in the early to mid 90s
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Ours are registered in NJ.

The Scion which is in New Orleans much of the year is FR QTR
The Tahoe is for my Fire Department: DP FD
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The oddest license plate I've seen down here was West Australia on a well restored Holden that was old enough to import without EPA and such approvals.

We've got 'Save the Manatee' and 'Protect the Panther' plates on our two Subarus along with the obligatory national park stickers.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
My insurance company didn't care. It was the state of Louisiana that got me.
Don't worry about it! Just leave the insurance company alone. Mind your own business.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:31 pm

I see personalized plates all over where I am. I was stopped at a red light a few months ago and someone had my first name on their license plate.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I see personalized plates all over where I am. I was stopped at a red light a few months ago and someone had my first name on their license plate.
You didn't get speeding ticket. The police stopped you and he ask you to not go through the red light. Stop on yellow light. Do not go through. You have wait for next green light.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
You didn't get speeding ticket. The police stopped you and he ask you to not go through the red light. Stop on yellow light. Do not go through. You have wait for next green light.
Huh?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
When I moved to NV I soon inferred that personalized license plate fees must be very low there based on how many I saw
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
When I moved to NV I soon inferred that personalized license plate fees must be very low there based on how many I saw
Texas has taken personalized plates to a whole new level. They actively promote them on billboards around the state. There are 200+ background options alone.

MyPlates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.