Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I did get the lamb, and I don't particularly recommend it. It was fine, and that's about as generous as I can be. I kinda wish I'd picked something else.

ATL-CDG
Charred Lamb Chops

It depends on airport that prepares it. I've not been impressed with a lot of ex-ATL meals this year. Same exact meal from other airports (DTW/MSP/JFK/SLC) is great.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I did get the lamb, and I don't particularly recommend it. It was fine, and that's about as generous as I can be. I kinda wish I'd picked something else.

ATL-CDG
Charred Lamb Chops

holy hell. That poor lamb, they killed it, cooked it so long it came back to life and died again. Thats cruel and unusual punish. Someone needs to call PETA
MSPeconomist, apodo77 and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
JFK-LAX D1 Breakfast

Just went in to select my meal for upcoming JFK-LAX D1 flight.

Not really impressed by the menu.

D1 JFK-LAX Breakfast Flight Menu

Anyone had the Clafoutis before? Pictures? It sounds the best to me.

I would normally go with Frittata, but can't stand goat milk/cheese. Not sure why DL seems lately to be obsessed with goat milk/cheese, multiple flights (both international and domestic) have had multiple dishes with it instead of 🐄 milk/cheese.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO

I would normally go with Frittata, but can't stand goat milk/cheese. Not sure why DL seems lately to be obsessed with goat milk/cheese, multiple flights (both international and domestic) have had multiple dishes with it instead of 🐄 milk/cheese.
going to guess because they think people think its "fancier" and more "upscale"

Seeing a lot of it in restaurants lately too. (granted I love goat cheese so it doesn't bother me at all but its definitely a very strong taste and I get a lot of people don't like it.)
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
going to guess because they think people think its "fancier" and more "upscale"

Seeing a lot of it in restaurants lately too. (granted I love goat cheese so it doesn't bother me at all but its definitely a very strong taste and I get a lot of people don't like it.)
It's that or the Chick-fil-A cows are dressing as humans, sneaking into DL HQ and advising - eat more 🐐 dairy!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
You guys, I just flew United Polaris for the first time. I will never complain about Delta One food ever again.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LouNanne
Am I mistaken or did the wiki previously contain hyperlinks to posts for specific routes?

I am wondering if there are any datapoints on the dinner menu between LAX and MCO? Sadly the flight is serviced on a 739 so I am hoping the menu is at least somewhat tolerable.
Meal options will be similar to other FC (non-D1) routes out of LAX like LAX-MSP -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34306849-post1005.html
LouNanne likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by xliioper
Meal options will be similar to other FC (non-D1) routes out of LAX like LAX-MSP -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34306849-post1005.html
I had the same exact meal (meatball) LAX-JFK two weeks ago.

TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:54 pm

I have the same first three choices for my JFK-LAS flight, and I can’t stand the taste of goat cheese either. I’ve had the oats with coconut pudding before, I think SLC to MSP back in June, and it was a large portion. Going to try the smoked salmon and bagel … Hope it’s not the same as the crap boxes Delta was giving out last year!

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod

The US airlines love bread.
"Oh you are having a sandwich or a burger or pasta with grilled bread on it? cool here is another piece of bread."
cmd320 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
The US airlines love bread.
"Oh you are having a sandwich or a burger or pasta with grilled bread on it? cool here is another piece of bread."
Every airline I've ever flown around the globe includes a piece of bread with meal. I'm not sure why think this is an US thing.
Bailorg likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
I have the same first three choices for my JFK-LAS flight, and I can’t stand the taste of goat cheese either. I’ve had the oats with coconut pudding before, I think SLC to MSP back in June, and it was a large portion. Going to try the smoked salmon and bagel … Hope it’s not the same as the crap boxes Delta was giving out last year!
Oddly I'm flying to LAS, just going via LAX on 12th.
sspontak likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Russ and Daughters is a very well thought of place in NYC for all kinds of smoked fish. Their salmon is excellent.
ijgordon, telloh and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I'd pick the smoked salmon.

I hate how DL seems obsessed with all of the "impossible" vegan stuff--I won't call it food--which isn't even healthy.
demkr and flyerfirsts like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lonelygod

Are these "impossible" meatballs?

Also, what are the chunks/cubes on the salad? Tofu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.