Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dmarge18
How are you all getting anything different on a domestic flight for F meal choices? Every flight since early June I've only had 1) Impossible Burger, 2) Chicken Salad, 3) S/W Shrimp Salad? Just got my "choose your meal" for a flight to PHX next week, and same options. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have an AS flight next week, and their options were >>>>>>>>>>Delta's, even for only a 2.5 hour flight.
This seems to be the lunch option out of most stations...although #3 would be s/w chicken salad, not shrimp salad. IME this was true for lunch flights out of LGA, MCO, FLL, and MSP. Flights out of BOS and DTW have had different options for me.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Jed33d
Hi all!

we fly CDG-SEA in D1 Friday. Have looked all week for meal selection option and nothing…..until tonight! I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on the options, with th caveat I have about 12 hours to select. Any input on what’s good and what to avoid would be appreciated.
BRAISED BEEF
with potatoes and summer vegetables

SELECT >
ROASTED CHICKEN
with potatoes and summer vegetables

SELECT >
PASTA*
with summer vegetables and Parmesan cheese

*Vegetarian Selection

SELECT >
LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
PAN SEARED COD BOURRIDE STYLE
fingerling potatoes, grilled fennel, sauteed spinach, saffron sauce
ROASTED GUINEA FOWL
cumin scented polenta, braised endive and orange jus

SELECT >
brief update on the above D1 flight from CDG to SEA. PDB’s offered and some offered refills, our side was not. Choice of OJ, champagne and mimosa. I had a glass of champagne.

No drink service until over London and the white choices sounded a bit underwhelming so ordered a champagne. No menus or drink lists distributed, so I can’t tell you the wine offerings. Soup and salad served, think it was potato/leek, and it tasted good, though was luke warm. Salad was small, but seemed fresh.

My main arrived prior to finishing, but made room for it. I ended up ordering the Guinea fowl, which was good. The polenta was good as well. The endive was a miss as it was sinewy and mushy at the same time. No refills offered during meal service, but was offered when they cleared the tray. Two choices for red wine (I chose the French wine). Ice cream with a choice of toppings, I chose the toffee topping. It was flash frozen as it was rock hard. Good once it softened up.

I probably sound a bit grumpy as we were originally supposed to fly AF to SEA but that was cancelled and moved to Delta. Was excited/hoping to try their product so a bit bummed. Of course I need to keep in context there’s probably 200-300 people seated behind me that would happily switch! We flew Turkish over to Europe and that was definitely better. Any updates I’ll keep you posted.

Last edited by Jed33d; Aug 5, 2022 at 5:18 am
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just switched my upcoming trip out to SFO from via ATL to via JFK. Unfortunately that means goodbye Fox Bros Short Ribs and now this is what I have to choose from. Didn't see anything recently on the Chicken Meatballs, Kofte, or Orecchiette

Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Thinking of putting in for a special request meal (halal, hindu, something else) to avoid another arugula salad or impossible burger (really don't like arugula and can't eat shrimp). Has anyone gotten any of the special meals lately? It seems like a crapshoot as to what I'd get. Would it be worth the risk?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just switched my upcoming trip out to SFO from via ATL to via JFK. Unfortunately that means goodbye Fox Bros Short Ribs and now this is what I have to choose from. Didn't see anything recently on the Chicken Meatballs, Kofte, or Orecchiette

Here you go! I wrote about the Meatballs (with pictures) here!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34407601-post1242.html
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by spudley007
This seems to be the lunch option out of most stations...although #3 would be s/w chicken salad, not shrimp salad. IME this was true for lunch flights out of LGA, MCO, FLL, and MSP. Flights out of BOS and DTW have had different options for me.
I like the Southwest Chicken salad, but I wish the cotija cheese was offered on the side.

I strongly dislike cotija cheese and wish cheese in general which folks love or hate would be served on the side.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by kmersh
I like the Southwest Chicken salad, but I wish the cotija cheese was offered on the side.

I strongly dislike cotija cheese and wish cheese in general which folks love or hate would be served on the side.
I feel this way about FETA..... and it is so crumbly so it really can't be removed.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Gotcha, but I thought I saw someone else say they had a ribs option on a domestic leg (ATL-LAS/SFO).
Different origins get different menus. A number of cities they work with local chef even. Menu for outstation depends a lot if flight is double catered at hub for two flights.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: DL, B6
I thought this was quite good!

Cold chia oatmeal

Breakfast on the 7:50 am BOS-MSP earlier this week - I thought this was excellent (YMMV might vary of course). I tend to be biased toward light or healthy options when I travel, which is what made this refreshing. Also, the watermelon with lime and basil was a surprisingly good combination.
chrisny2, sspontak and PanAmSam like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Anyone else seeing error messages when trying to select? For 3 days now, both in the app and when clicking through on the email, I get blocked.

Last edited by GeminisTwin; Aug 6, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Anyone else seeing error messages when trying to select? For 3 days now, both in the app and when clicking through on the email, I get blocked.
Haven't had an issue going through the link on my email for an upcoming D1 flight on Thursday (also you might want to block out your name in the screenshot you included)
GeminisTwin likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Anybody have a photo of the southwest arugula salad? Is it a cold dish?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jed33d
brief update on the above D1 flight from CDG to SEA. PDB’s offered and some offered refills, our side was not. Choice of OJ, champagne and mimosa. I had a glass of champagne.

No drink service until over London and the white choices sounded a bit underwhelming so ordered a champagne. No menus or drink lists distributed, so I can’t tell you the wine offerings. Soup and salad served, think it was potato/leek, and it tasted good, though was luke warm. Salad was small, but seemed fresh.

My main arrived prior to finishing, but made room for it. I ended up ordering the Guinea fowl, which was good. The polenta was good as well. The endive was a miss as it was sinewy and mushy at the same time. No refills offered during meal service, but was offered when they cleared the tray. Two choices for red wine (I chose the French wine). Ice cream with a choice of toppings, I chose the toffee topping. It was flash frozen as it was rock hard. Good once it softened up.

I probably sound a bit grumpy as we were originally supposed to fly AF to SEA but that was cancelled and moved to Delta. Was excited/hoping to try their product so a bit bummed. Of course I need to keep in context there’s probably 200-300 people seated behind me that would happily switch! We flew Turkish over to Europe and that was definitely better. Any updates I’ll keep you posted.
Was the PDB on DL exCDG real (French) champagne, from the Champagne region of France?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by demkr
Anybody have a photo of the southwest arugula salad? Is it a cold dish?
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus

Southwest Salad
Great meals recently.
This is the "Green Chile Chicken Salad" which has now been relabeled as the "Southwest Arugula Salad." It's cold and actually quite good.
sspontak and demkr like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Any updates from the stations that were still handing out sad boxes? Any improvements in those locations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.