Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
DL1039 ATL-LAS, 7/28/2022, FEBO not observed, pre-ordered the Fox Bros BBQ Short Rib.

This meal was fantastic. Everything was very tasty and the short rib especially was juicy and very tender. Spectacular job on this one. Good FA too proactively offering refills throughout the meal.
Originally Posted by spudley007
I just had the same entree and salad out of FLL, and while not called Fox Bros, it was awesome! And that salad with the dressing was splendid. Very impressive!
Same options for an ATL - SFO flight coming up. Sounds like Fox Bros BBQ Short Ribs it is!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Deleted

Last edited by tmorse6570; Aug 2, 2022 at 12:57 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Fox Bros BBQ Short Ribs or Charred Lamb Chops?

Anyone with any thoughts?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K
DL1937 SJD-SEA 549pm departure, AUG 1​​​​​Great FA in front and very good meal. She served everyone an open bar PDB. Finally got to try the Tip Top margarita, really enjoyed it. Pre ordered short rib and it tasted great, especially the rice. Meat was very tender. Was hoping for a cheesecake dessert as I've seen in other pics but it ended up being a pound cake of sorts. It was good, moist enough. =) FA passed the snack basket at least 3-4 times during the flight and was always passing down the aisle for Refills.

Overall, MUCH BETTER experience on DL compared to the CUN-SEA flight I did September 2021.

sspontak, FLYPWM, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer

Anyone with any thoughts?
I had the Fox Bros BBQ Short Ribs a few months back ATL-FCO. Really, really good! However I enjoy lamb too, so it would be a tough call.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I've been debating the same for my ATL-CDG flight on Saturday. I've tentatively ordered the lamb, but unsure. I've had the non-Fox short rib on a couple of my last F flights so kinda want to try something different
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I've been debating the same for my ATL-CDG flight on Saturday. I've tentatively ordered the lamb, but unsure. I've had the non-Fox short rib on a couple of my last F flights so kinda want to try something different
For what is worth, they have ribs and pulled pork at the Sky Club in ATL recently. Presentation will not be the same but I think they are also labeled Fox Brothers BBQ
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For a TATL flight, I'd be tempted to try something that doesn't appear on the domestic FC menu.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA

If you get the lamb, report back! I'm flying Monday.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Hi all!

we fly CDG-SEA in D1 Friday. Have looked all week for meal selection option and nothing…..until tonight! I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on the options, with th caveat I have about 12 hours to select. Any input on what’s good and what to avoid would be appreciated.
BRAISED BEEF
with potatoes and summer vegetables

SELECT >
ROASTED CHICKEN
with potatoes and summer vegetables

SELECT >
PASTA*
with summer vegetables and Parmesan cheese

*Vegetarian Selection

SELECT >
LIMITED SELECTION
Exclusive entrée options curated for this market and only available when ordered prior to departure
PAN SEARED COD BOURRIDE STYLE
fingerling potatoes, grilled fennel, sauteed spinach, saffron sauce

ROASTED GUINEA FOWL
cumin scented polenta, braised endive and orange jus

SELECT >
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
My wife and I flew in J, YVR-SEA-LHR, July 7. I believe I pre-selected the beef, and my wife the chicken. Frankly, the meal service on the SEA-LHR segment was underwhelming. Not much better than when we flew in J, last July, ATL-CDG. The only menu handed out showed only the mains, which we already knew! No indication of the other courses, the wine list, or breakfast options. Presentation not much better than economy. Breakfast was also not good, at least not the omelette and turkey sausage option.

Arrival was on time, but we had to wait 2hrs. for our luggage, with NO communication from DL as to when it would arrive! The luggage from a DL SLC arrival was also similarly delayed.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
How are you all getting anything different on a domestic flight for F meal choices? Every flight since early June I've only had 1) Impossible Burger, 2) Chicken Salad, 3) S/W Shrimp Salad? Just got my "choose your meal" for a flight to PHX next week, and same options. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have an AS flight next week, and their options were >>>>>>>>>>Delta's, even for only a 2.5 hour flight.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by dmarge18
How are you all getting anything different on a domestic flight for F meal choices? Every flight since early June I've only had 1) Impossible Burger, 2) Chicken Salad, 3) S/W Shrimp Salad? Just got my "choose your meal" for a flight to PHX next week, and same options. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have an AS flight next week, and their options were >>>>>>>>>>Delta's, even for only a 2.5 hour flight.
This was for the SEA-LHR TATL segment, not the YVR-SEA "domestic" segment.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by arkangel
This was for the SEA-LHR TATL segment, not the YVR-SEA "domestic" segment.
Gotcha, but I thought I saw someone else say they had a ribs option on a domestic leg (ATL-LAS/SFO).
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Options for JFK-DUB next week:

Probably going with the branzino but value any others' opinions / experiences etc. (also is the sous vide chicken cold?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.