Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, IHG
7/15 D1 CDG-MSP
Let me preface this by saying all my travel is leisure so the rare FC experiences are either paid when I find a great deal or upgraded as a lowly silver so this D1 flight was a huge treat to ourselves. Departure was from M concourse at CDG and we thoroughly enjoyed our first real lounge experience! We had lounge access the day before in SVQ which was a good practice run but nothing compared to this!
Plane was a 330-300 which could have used a thorough scrubbing. There was actually duct tape holding the front panel on the sink in one of the D1 lavs on this plane. We had flown Main Cabin on a 330-900 on the way over and were much more impressed with that plane's technology, appearance, etc.

Lunch orders were taken wily-nilly with FA starting in the second row. It seemed she knew them and started there, then moved up to the front and worked her way back. Meals were served from back to front.

PDB beverage was a choice of champagne, orange juice or margarita pre-poured and selected from a tray. This surprised me because the few times I've experienced PDB in domestic FC, it's been a "what can I bring you" situation, not a 'here are the pre-poured choices'. I'm sure I could have asked for something else but champagne seemed just fine! I would have loved a printed menu to see what the options were.
On-Board first meal selections were beef rib with vegetables, stuffed chicken or vegetarian ravioli. The person across the aisle told the FA she usually orders an Asian vegetarian meal but couldn't get the app to accept her preference. FA said she had heard that a lot lately so I didn't feel so bad that I couldn't get the app to work for the pre-selected entree.

Drink service was followed by soup, salad, bread course and then the entree. I thought the vegetable soup was delicious. The tomato/fresh cheese salad was tasty. I selected the beef and thought it was fine but not spectacular. The vegetables were kind of wilty but edible. Dessert orders were taken as main course was cleared and arrived shortly thereafter. I chose the ice cream sundae while my husband chose the lemon tart.
Lots of bottles of water were passed throughout the flight along with offers to bring other drinks. Again, a menu would have been handy. I didn't want to bother the FA to rattle off everything they had so I stuck with champagne and wine. It's always nice when the selections are available on the screen as I've seen on some domestic flights but given the condition of this plane, I wasn't surprised that the technology for that wasn't available. The mid-flight hot chocolate chip cookie was AMAZING!!
Pre-arrival meal was a choice of a salmon salad or cheeseburger with grilled onions and a potato salad side. The cheeseburger was tasty, the garnishes were really fresh and the meal was too much to finish! Vegetarian across the aisle was offered and accepted a meal from Main Cabin as there was no vegetarian option for the pre-arrival meal.

chrisny2, sspontak and Bailorg like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Medallion Drink Vouchers on International Main Cabin

Two questions that might be related...

1.) What alcohol/spirits are available in international main cabin these days?

2.) Can you use a medallion drink voucher to get access to some of the more premium spirits/drinks if some are NOT available in main cabin?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
SLC-MSP 7.15
I mentioned up thread the options and that preorder was active. FA, correctly following FEBO, got all the way to me in 5B without mentioning preorder to anyone else. I reminded the FA and they had to check their delta phone and then go back up the row checking if anyone else wanted to switch back to their preordered meal. So some training bugs to work out I think. Other than that very good service.

‘Burrata’ was good, actually had lettuce and the pesto dressing/sauce was great. It’s served with an additional cucumber/chickpea salad which didn’t really fit. Fruit cup would have been better.

Bailorg likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Fates
Vague summer vegetables for all! I guess this means we can at least hope they're all fresh...
The picture of lamb from DUB looks to me like winter vegetables.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:55 pm

Msp-abq 7/17

PDB and snack box order taken before pushback. The options were a ham sandwich, chicken curry salad, or mezze plate. I went with the chicken curry. My seatmate had the ham sandwich; it was served on a croissant, that’s all I know. The chicken curry…was mild but the flavor came through. Nothing remarkable. Served on fresh greens with strawberries, blueberries, and grapes. Side of flatbread crackers and lemon blondie. Was perfectly edible if you were hungry and didn’t have time to grab food before the flight, which was the case for me. Otherwise, I would pass. Had excellent drink service and snack basket pass-throughs.

I looked on the app and website days before, and there was no pre-order or special meal requests available for this ~2 hr flight. Hope this helps!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta PM/1MM
Tampa to Detroit Lunch

DL 2099
Seat 3D
July 14

No pre departure beverage. Terrible service. Super disorganized. Took maybe 90 minutes to get first beverages out. Impossible burger was very hot to touch, but very good.

Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
MSP-SFO 7/17
Impossible burger served with chickpea salad and Otis Spunkmeyer cookie.

I generally like impossible burgers, but I don't like this preparation. I think they would be much better off serving it as a classic burger with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and mayo. The cookie was of vending machine quality, and the chickpea salad was dry. Overall not a great meal. The service, however, was top-notch. No PDB but we were a few minutes late to begin boarding with a full flight, so I can let that go.

Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Duke787
Heading to SFO next month and have the option of connecting in either ATL or MSP with dinner service on the flight out to SFO. Both have relatively short connections so will have to rely for on-board food for dinner.

Seems like food options are about the same on either right now?
A short ATL connection on a summer afternoon means your dinner is likely to be eaten in the terminal or at a hotel, no matter what the inflight options may be.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
MSP-SFO 7/17
Impossible burger served with chickpea salad and Otis Spunkmeyer cookie.
Ugh. Are west and east the same mealset then (other choices "italian burrata" or "southwest chicken salad")?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by emma dog
This is sea-ord for a lunch flight. Nothing sounds good. Any thoughts?

How is a dish with meat vegetarian?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
How is a dish with meat vegetarian?
Not sure which aspect you are discussing, but FWIW it says "Impossible Bolognese" i.e. meat substitute, and "beet salad" and not "beef salad"
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Not sure which aspect you are discussing, but FWIW it says "Impossible Bolognese" i.e. meat substitute, and "beet salad" and not "beef salad"
The 1st option, not burger.

NM. I understand now. Very confusing use of *. Generally you don't use * for two different things on same page.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I generally like impossible burgers, but I don't like this preparation. I think they would be much better off serving it as a classic burger with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and mayo.
Have had it both ways on DL and the classic prep is much better indeed. I found this prep to be on the dry side (could have been overcooked). The tzatziki sauce helped, even if it might have been intended for the salad. I would still propbably order again.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:29 am

Breakfast Options FC DTW-PDX

Does anyone have experience with these breakfast options and have any recommendations? Exciting to pre-select with some hot options on a non-transcon route.

1) Free Range Egg Tortilla with potatoes and tomato concasee

2) Honey glazed ham with manchego, cheddar and Swiss cheeses, with cornichons

3) Coconut Chia Pudding with granola, mango, and strawberries
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matthew Stensrud
Does anyone have experience with these breakfast options and have any recommendations? Exciting to pre-select with some hot options on a non-transcon route.

1) Free Range Egg Tortilla with potatoes and tomato concasee

2) Honey glazed ham with manchego, cheddar and Swiss cheeses, with cornichons

3) Coconut Chia Pudding with granola, mango, and strawberries
Have had the first two options on flights from BOS (which is also the only place I've seen these exact ones pop up). Both were decent, though the eggs were significantly more filling than the ham. When I had the eggs, the potatoes were baked into the tortilla (sort of like a soufflé), but I've also seen pics of a similar dish with potatoes on the side, so YMMV. I do remember the eggs being fairly salty, though not offensively so.

Hoyaheel and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.