Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 22, 1:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Delta confirmed in a press release that Hot Meals will return in March 2022

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
SAT, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, PUJ, YYZ, YUL, YVR, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 6, 22, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
I don't believe for half a second Delta could figure out how to make a quality sandwich and a quality salad to serve. If the Boars head kiosk at the airport can do it, Im pretty sure the airlines could do it.
Except the Boarshead kiosk is probably charging about 8x what delta's paying for the sandwich, and not making them en masse days ahead of time.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 6, 22, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DL 1152: MSP to SFO
July 2, 2022
Airbus A321, Breakfast

PDB seemed to have been offered before I boarded (last), but not to me. Options were a sausage and pepper quiche, "charcuterie plate", or "chilled oatmeal with coconut and chia seeds". I had the first one, which seemed to be the popular choice:

It was good. I don't really have a lot to comment, but it was nice to feel like catering is (at least on some routes, some of the time) back to where it should be. At least, if I'm not stuck with the charcuterie plate
Old Jul 6, 22, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jewree View Post
What is that dessert? Something smothered in lemon sauce and ... coconut flakes?
Think they were going for a lime/coconut panna cotta but failed pretty bad.
jewree likes this.
Old Jul 6, 22, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
AMS - BOS July 4th Delta One
demkr and Bailorg like this.
Old Jul 6, 22, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Final update, there was no Special Meal on the flight.
Old Jul 7, 22, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kaneporta1 View Post
I'm flying YUL-DTW and can't find much info on whether anything is served during this 2-hour CRJ-900 flight. Would anyone know what I should expect?
No meal, just snacks
Old Jul 7, 22, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
DeltaOne Transcon Dinner

DL657 JFK-LAX

My upgrade cleared at the gate so didn't see the menu; I also ended up at the tail end of order-taking so didn't hear all of the options. I ended up eating a meal of baked orecchiette with kale, roasted tomatoes, and a sauce with Impossible Meat, along with a side salad and polenta bread.

Minnyappleus and Bailorg like this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 5:12 am

PDX-AMS July 7th D1

Pre-ordered the Roasted Seabass with warm tomato salad, grilled okra and herb butter and was served this:

​​​​​​The FA was also shocked what was being catered and gave me some miles for the inconvenience. No okra and the salad consisted of just plain, unseasoned cherry tomatoes. The tiny fish portion was also doused in pepper and barely edible. Probably the worst D1 main dish I had in years.
Old Jul 8, 22, 5:58 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Here is the MSP interpretation of the roasted seabass (with warm tomato salad, grilled okra; and herb butter.)
MSP-AMS 30 June

More tomatos, less okra and no herb butter
MSPeconomist and Taran9000 like this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold (2020)
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
More tomatos, less okra and no herb butter
At least you got okra, not asparagus (though personally I'd prefer asparagus ;-) Assume that's just a stock/supply chain issue. The lack of at least a dressing on the "warm tomato salad" is bad. You know they have to have some stupid little dressing containers hanging around they could have thrown in if they had to make changes due to availability....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 9:16 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by Taran9000 View Post
PDX-AMS July 7th D1

Pre-ordered the Roasted Seabass with warm tomato salad, grilled okra and herb butter and was served this:

​​​​​​The FA was also shocked what was being catered and gave me some miles for the inconvenience. No okra and the salad consisted of just plain, unseasoned cherry tomatoes. The tiny fish portion was also doused in pepper and barely edible. Probably the worst D1 main dish I had in years.
Thanks for the warning! The sea bass that I had recently on Austrian was so good that I'd probably not order it on Delta anyway, unless all the other choices were equally unpromising. I'm curious now to see what it would be like DTW-AMS next month, but not that curious.
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
JFK-SFO,

July 7, 2022

Delta One - LUNCH

B763

Amenity Kits? YES (this was a surprise)

PDB? NO (was told they "weren't available" and they wouldn't offer anything - I have already written in to complain)

FEBO? YES (both D1 flight attendants started at row 9 to confirm entrees and moved forward. I had pre-ordered)

Menu (from the: deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/JFK-SFO link)

SALAD: Spring Green Salad with yellow beets, goat cheese, and candied pecans with white balsamic vinaigrette.

BREAD: Roasted Tomato Focaccia with cultured Banner Butter

MAIN: Marta Chicken Meatballs with olive oil whipped potatoes, Taggiasca olives, and spinach

DESSERT: Banana Mousse with Brown Butter Crumble

————

Report: Flight attendants were good, if a little standoffish at times. They did NOT like folks coming to the galley to get refills and would shoo people back to their seats (but they WERE quick on bringing said refills). The meal itself was fine. Tasted like a decent first class meal, certainly nothing “special” about it. I DO like these much better than those awful (to me) impossible balls.

Note that one of the other options was “Mediterranean Kofta” which they kept describing as “Mediterranean beef/lamb with eggplant”. I did ask and no one appeared to have gotten it.

The other picture is the new Explorer Cold Brew Coffee concentrate. Each bottle is 2 oz and they use half the bottle (they gave the other half of the bottle to me). I got mine mixed with Baileys and it was actually REALLY good that way. Don’t miss this one on Delta One flights!

Amenity kit pre-placed. Mini water (no other PDB)

The roll was warm and tasty, if a bit salty)

Get this with Baileys!
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:20 am

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by kochleffel View Post
Thanks for the warning! The sea bass that I had recently on Austrian was so good that I'd probably not order it on Delta anyway, unless all the other choices were equally unpromising. I'm curious now to see what it would be like DTW-AMS next month, but not that curious.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Locati...nes-World.html

Image here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Locati...%20Tripadvisor
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel View Post
At least you got okra, not asparagus (though personally I'd prefer asparagus ;-) Assume that's just a stock/supply chain issue. The lack of at least a dressing on the "warm tomato salad" is bad. You know they have to have some stupid little dressing containers hanging around they could have thrown in if they had to make changes due to availability....
On MSP-LHR almost a month ago, my version of this had lots of okra (although I would have preferred the grilled asparagus) and a light oil and vinegar dressing on the warm and colorful tomatoes. I don't recognize the dish in the upper left corner.

BTW, IME the vegetarian JFK-LAX meal pictured above looks horrible, with the exception of the butter (which makes it fail to be vegan).

I wish DL would ditch all of the "impossible" meal choices so that I don't get stuck with one or choose fake meat by mistake.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 11:36 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
The sea bass on my Austrian flight (EWR-VIE) in May looked better than that.

My (slight) curiosity is about Delta next month.
cmd320 likes this.

Search this Thread