Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 20, 22, 2:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Delta confirmed in a press release that Hot Meals will return in March 2022

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
PHX*, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, AUS, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC
*Narrowbody flights only

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 26, 22, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Snack Basket?

So what exactly is the snack basket procedure on long-haul domestic FC? The website says I'll receive a very descriptive "selection of snacks", but my experience on 1500+ varies widely from multiple snack basket passes to zilch. On my current ATL-ONT flight, the FA was providing a basket pass only on request, to that specific passenger, and ignoring everyone else.
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Domestic FC Pre-Select

Any reports of pre-select hitting emails or the app for Domestic FC? Presumably the service is restarting in July.

“Starting in July, customers will also be able to pre-select meals before their flight and request a special meal if needed.”

https://news.delta.com/small-diverse...refresh-summer
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus View Post
Any reports of pre-select hitting emails or the app for Domestic FC. Presumably the service is restarting in “July.”
Nothing for my 7/1 flight
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by The ATL BATL View Post
So what exactly is the snack basket procedure on long-haul domestic FC? The website says I'll receive a very descriptive "selection of snacks", but my experience on 1500+ varies widely from multiple snack basket passes to zilch. On my current ATL-ONT flight, the FA was providing a basket pass only on request, to that specific passenger, and ignoring everyone else.
My recent 1200-mile flight there was one pass through; however, FA became sidetracked/distracted partway through not offering the basket to the rest of us.
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
My recent 1200-mile flight there was one pass through; however, FA became sidetracked/distracted partway through not offering the basket to the rest of us.
Unless there was some in-flight emergency (such as medical or smoke), why not ring your call button and ask for the snack basket or another drink?
cmd320 and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Unless there was some in-flight emergency (such as medical or smoke), why not ring your call button and ask for the snack basket or another drink?
I wasn't complaining, just an observation. If I'd wanted something, I'd have gone to the galley to discuss it.
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM
That's what I did and have always done when needed. I know there is a wide range of FA behavior when it comes to being attentive to the FC cabin versus sitting down to chat or figure out today's Wordle.

Just was curious about the official guidance.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Asked for a PDB on Friday from the flight attendant, who proceeded to tell me all about how difficult her life was rushing to the plane and wouldn’t be serving any.

She spent the entire time before the flight just standing in her galley not interacting or helping customers. There was no reason why a drink could not have been served as far as I can tell.

She offered meal service as soon as we took off, refreshed people’s drinks as the meal was served, and never spoke to us again.

Why even pay for first class?

Meal was actually better than I have had on many FC flights. Very impressed.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 10:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cfabar1 View Post
Asked for a PDB on Friday from the flight attendant, who proceeded to tell me all about how difficult her life was rushing to the plane and wouldn’t be serving any.

She spent the entire time before the flight just standing in her galley not interacting or helping customers. There was no reason why a drink could not have been served as far as I can tell.

She offered meal service as soon as we took off, refreshed people’s drinks as the meal was served, and never spoke to us again.

Why even pay for first class?

Meal was actually better than I have had on many FC flights. Very impressed.
Please report this to DL.
Old Jun 27, 22, 12:10 pm

Please report this to DL.
This.

anytime any of this kind of stuff happens we all need to be reporting it to Delta.
I know its hard to see sometimes but Delta does pay attention to stuff like that, if people report it.
cmd320 and UKFan78 like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
anytime any of this kind of stuff happens we all need to be reporting it to Delta.
Filed my complaint yesterday about PDBs not being served on 2 of my 3 flights a couple weeks ago. I look forward to their response and some token skypesos in September, probably.
ebayj, Dawgfan6291 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:51 pm

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
I had to chuckle a little when the great Italian sandwich served on a flight between SAT and MSP today came on a croissant. 🥐 🤔

Old Jun 27, 22, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinhwn View Post
I had to chuckle a little when the great Italian sandwich served on a flight between SAT and MSP today came on a croissant. 🥐 🤔

This meal in First is absolutely unacceptable at this point. Wow. Please tell me you were given Sky Pesos.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus View Post
This meal in First is absolutely unacceptable at this point. Wow. Please tell me you were given Sky Pesos.
Hey, it was a flight that operated. The rest is all fluff! (I say this as I await my slightly delayed flight home from JFK. The earlier one that I really wanted but was hundreds more in J when booking) has canceled and now all those poor folks (if they are lucky) are on my flight.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyinhwn View Post

It doesn't look like a (*French*) croissant to me. Maybe this is the way croissants are made it Italy (or Russia, North Korea, etc.).

Search this Thread