Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On the HNL flights, the chicken and crabcake choices also sound tropical. The breakfast fruit looks excellent.
ebayj likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I took two short haul flights today. First time in a few months…. What happened to all the soda products in coach? Even Comfort+ was told they would have beer only and no wine…. I get that there are supply chain issues, but they should be able to get Coca Cola or Red Blends.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I don't normally fly DL, but snapped some meal photos.

DL2523 SEA-SNA (A220) - Beef Brisket

This was actually pretty good for an airplane meal. Salad was really dry, but there was enough fat on the brisket to have some flavor. Cornbread was mush. The blackberry dessert bar was quite good. I'd give it a solid 7/10. Better than what's served up front in UA or AS.
Spoiler

DL 2557 SNA-SEA (A220) -- Chicken Sausage Quiche

This was ... okay I guess. The crust was totally soggy. Croissant is probably on par with the jumbo packs at Costco. I'd give it maybe a 4/10. This was the only hot option offered -- the alternatives weren't much better though (ham and cheese plate or chia pudding).
Spoiler

Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I took two short haul flights today. First time in a few months…. What happened to all the soda products in coach? Even Comfort+ was told they would have beer only and no wine…. I get that there are supply chain issues, but they should be able to get Coca Cola or Red Blends.
anything under 500 in coach/main doesn’t get soda now
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any comments on the Gemelli Pasta, Southwest Grain Bowl or Pastrami Sandwich ex JFK on D1? I've already had the impossible meatballs twice (and like them) but this menu seems to have been around for several months.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
anything under 500 in coach/main doesn’t get soda now
Main Cabin has never received soda or alcohol for sale on routes under 500 miles, even pre-Covid. C+ is technically offered all drinks at 250+ but I think FAs are told to only offer beer/wine with other options by special request.

Flight notes for 250-500 mile C+ routes state: “On your flight, enjoy complimentary Starbucks® coffee and Dasani® bottled water or other alcoholic beverage selections such as beer, wine and spirits.”
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Minnyappleus; Jun 20, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM
PVD-MSP DAL2903 - FEBO observed. Plastic PDB's. 3 choices of Sad Boxes available. Went with the Chicken Salad Sandwich. Not great but got the job done. Drinks during the flight were served in glassware.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
What choices are in the breakfast sad boxes? I have an ABQ-ATL in F coming up in a couple weeks.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
What choices are in the breakfast sad boxes? I have an ABQ-ATL in F coming up in a couple weeks.
Is it a RON (remain overnight) aircraft?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Yes, it is.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any comments on the Gemelli Pasta, Southwest Grain Bowl or Pastrami Sandwich ex JFK on D1? I've already had the impossible meatballs twice (and like them) but this menu seems to have been around for several months.
Had the pasta a few days ago on JFK-SAN (domestic First) and it was ok, not great. Portion was huge, came with peas and butternut squash in a cheese sauce

cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by ClipperDelta; Jun 21, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
JFK-Europe D1 June 2022

The fish dish currently for JFK-Europe is a seared branzino (was the fish mixed grill of salmon, swordfish and monkfish previously):

Served with saffron basmati rice, cherry tomatoes and green asparagus. Available only as a pre-order. Overall very substantial and quite tasty.

Breakfast was either a quiche or the overnight oats and mixed berries on the side:

Bailorg likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That does look good, but was the TATL dinner served all at once on the tray? On my two recent TATL flights, the tray came with bread, soup, and appetizer (east) or bread, soup, and salad (west). The FAs served the main course a bit later, placing it onto the tray. I slept through breakfast in favor of a lounge breakfast upon arrival.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Delta app loads blank page for entree selection

I'm flying SFO-BOS in a few days in First, and the app has a button to select my entree ... but when I click it, it loads a blank page. I've tried rebooting, etc. Anyone else ever seen this? Is there a way to reserve an entree other than the app (I don't see it on website anywhere?)

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PLT, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Boxes Confirmed as of Late May

Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Yes, I can confirm the boxes for both directions. During my flight on Memorial Day (Monday), the choices we had were:
- Chia / oatmeal box
- Cheese plate box (what I chose; packaged, not fresh)
- Banana bread box

I hope this helps!

- no1racer
AZ_MISMAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.