Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old May 25, 2022, 11:35 am

SFO-BOS A321neo

Miso glazed sea bass, preselection was available despite this being a first class route, not D1.

Last edited by planetmans; May 25, 2022 at 11:47 am
Old May 25, 2022, 11:37 am

BOS-ATL B757-200

Cold smoked salmon, other options were a Reuben sandwich or pasta.
​​​​​​
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by planetmans
SFO-BOS A321neo
Miso glazed sea bass, preselection was available despite this being a first class route, not D1.
So glad Delta cares about 4 routes... Meanwhile the peasants on every other select route over 900 miles eat boxed garbage.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:42 am

ATL-LAX A350

Cold chicken with hummus/couscous. Other option was braised beef, can't remember the third option.

Bonus A350 wing/cloud pic from seat 3D, flying this plane never gets old:
​​​​​​
Old May 25, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I let the perfesser have the last upgrade for ABQ-ATL yesterday and he said he thought the super grain box was actually pretty good. But then not paid F so expectations aren’t quite the same.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Figured I'd answer my own question with a bit of data. Sad to report the sad boxes on the 7am departure BOS-DFW this week. FA was amazing - pre departure she stopped catering on her own to ask "why BOS-DFW/AUS" still don't have meals [before you revolt - she did not delay the flight, just looking out for her pax].

Interestingly, I did not fly back from DFW, but she mentioned that a recent evening return AUS-BOS did have meals. I'll know more soon on the return portion, but sharing for the group.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Figured I'd answer my own question with a bit of data. Sad to report the sad boxes on the 7am departure BOS-DFW this week. FA was amazing - pre departure she stopped catering on her own to ask "why BOS-DFW/AUS" still don't have meals [before you revolt - she did not delay the flight, just looking out for her pax].

Interestingly, I did not fly back from DFW, but she mentioned that a recent evening return AUS-BOS did have meals. I'll know more soon on the return portion, but sharing for the group.
what answer did she get? DFW-BOS sad boxes last week as well.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by demkr
what answer did she get? DFW-BOS sad boxes last week as well.
Catering looked at her like she had 2 heads. No answers...she said she writes it up every flight. I sent a note in again to CC, but I still haven't heard back from April. What time of day was your DFW-BOS flight?
demkr likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 10:54 am

This reminds me of a flight a couple weeks ago. The inbound a/c was delayed and catering was finishing up just after the last pax boarded. All of a sudden, the OO FA told the catering guy to "wait!" The FA was panicking because he could not find the silver tray that they use to pass out drinks and he wanted the catering guy to go search for it. The guy from catering gave the "are you serious" face as the GA said "we don't have time for that - you gotta go!" He seriously would have delayed the flight for the stupid tray - and yes, I enjoyed my drink even though it was not handed to me on a tray
Old May 26, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I think it depends. A lot of the old Compass E175s had them. I got a hot meal on an SLC-DFW flight years ago.
This might be a limitation. I thought that DL had ovens on all regional carriers with E75 at least.. o know it was always funny when Regional FA worked AA one day and DL next.. They'd sometimes forget that DL had ovens.. Had one try and hold departure claiming catering brought meals she couldn't serve.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Catering looked at her like she had 2 heads. No answers...she said she writes it up every flight. I sent a note in again to CC, but I still haven't heard back from April. What time of day was your DFW-BOS flight?
6:55 pm departure listed as "Dinner" (though we didn't actually take off until 9 pm)
Old May 26, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Plastic cups in mainline F on an A220. Glassware on Skywest F on an E175. Makes no sense.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Delta is insane to keep serving boxes on a highly competitive route like BOS-DFW.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Delta is insane to keep serving boxes on a highly competitive route like BOS-DFW.
I doubt many DL FFers are jumping airship because of this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I doubt many DL FFers are jumping airship because of this.
Probably not FTers, but it's something that frequent first class ticket buyers notice. If inflight meals didn't matter, they wouldn't have been served on shorter exception routes pre-pandemic.

In this case Delta is disadvantaging itself against a competitor with a major fortress hub on the other end, at a time when they're trying to be aggressive with a Boston expansion.
cmd320 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.