Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by itripreport
Is this being catered out of ATL? Im trying to see if this would be what I'd be getting as an option on ATL-BOS next week...
Although to be honest anything is better than the polenta bowl or chicken I've been forced fed by united recently
Yes, I do think these are still coming in from ATL. Box had an ATL sticker on it but that might be standard. Plane I was on started the day there and then I had my flight, so thinking they stocked up there. I’ve had hot meals from ATL-SLC in the past two months tho so good luck!
Old May 23, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Anyone fly BOS-DFW? Curious what we may get in F both directions...Side note - is there an end date in mind for the sad boxes?
If they're still going with the policy where it will be sad boxes if they don't have full catering in place on both ends, then you'll likely get a sad box. DFW is a small neglected (even before the pandemic) outstation for Delta.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by diburning
If they're still going with the policy where it will be sad boxes if they don't have full catering in place on both ends, then you'll likely get a sad box. DFW is a small neglected (even before the pandemic) outstation for Delta.
Considering the value of the outstation (it's one of Delta's biggest with a lot of elites), I'm surprised that the catering is poor. It's not like they don't have the facilities.

The small outstations with a 1x daily 900+ mile flight I get, large stations I do not.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:04 am

It appears CHS is one of the outstations that is stuck with boxes for the meantime. CHS-MSP 5/17 nothing at all (website said breakfast). MSP-CHS 5/20 were boxes (website said dinner).
Old May 24, 2022, 7:26 am

Breakfast on DTW-DEN. Went with the cold plate, but the hot egg option looked good too. They also had a granola cereal choice. Bread was hot, and everything was good.

Delta's domestic catering (on the routes it currently exists anyway), is definitely better than pre-pandemic.

Old May 24, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Considering the value of the outstation (it's one of Delta's biggest with a lot of elites), I'm surprised that the catering is poor. It's not like they don't have the facilities.

The small outstations with a 1x daily 900+ mile flight I get, large stations I do not.
Totally agree! I flew BOS-AUS and got the sad box in April...was really surprised given the size of the operation at both ends...
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Surprised you got the box out of BOS in April, unless it was early in the month and they didn't have all of the meals online yet. My dinner flight out of BOS in mid April had hot meals that were quite good.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by spudley007
DFW-DTW 11:30 am had the Bistro Box. DTW-DFW lunch flight had the sad box.
Is DL tying to force people to move to AA?
unitedbusiness and cmd320 like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Is DL tying to force people to move to AA?
AA's catering is worse. This was a "breakfast" on PBI-PHL recently...

(The other option was a gross turkey sandwich that's infamous on the AA meal thread).
Old May 24, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
AA's catering is worse. This was a "breakfast" on PBI-PHL recently...

(The other option was a gross turkey sandwich that's infamous on the AA meal thread).
That actually looks fantastic compared to the last two years of sad boxes on DL.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by rylan
Surprised you got the box out of BOS in April, unless it was early in the month and they didn't have all of the meals online yet. My dinner flight out of BOS in mid April had hot meals that were quite good.
Was this to Austin? My flight was 4/25.

My trips to MCO (BOS) have all had meals, same with Miami
Old May 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Anyone have experience on MSP-JFK recently? Sad or Plated?
Old May 24, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL364 SEA-ATL, 17 May

farro bowl with chicken, kale, currants, and some other add-ins; tasted ok but could have used some dressing beyond the lemon wedge (which I think was actually intended to go with the fruit)

I agree with the comment upthread that the blueberry white chocolate mousse bar was quite tasty (and went very well with an after-lunch Woodford on the rocks)
Old May 25, 2022, 9:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
DL756 LAS-MSP

Choice of Impossible burger,​​​​​​ and I didn't pay strict attention to the other choices but based on previous posts that included the Impossible burger the other choices were probably the sous vide chicken salad and vegetarian grain bowl.

Second time having the Impossible burger for me, and will probably default to this any time it's offered -- yes, high sodium blah blah but it's so tasty I thought the accompanying salad was good on its own and didn't need the dressing.

Agree with others that the dessert is great too, but in skimming recent posts in the thread, it seems to appear across several different menus -- did DL get a bulk deal on these, or did they buy a blueberry refinery or something?

DL1205 MSP-BWI

Choice of chicken (salad) sandwich or two other sad boxes. I'd eaten in the SC, so declined. FA did follow FEBO for the sad box orders.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
farro bowl with chicken, kale, currants, and some other add-ins; tasted ok but could have used some dressing beyond the lemon wedge (which I think was actually intended to go with the fruit)

I agree with the comment upthread that the blueberry white chocolate mousse bar was quite tasty (and went very well with an after-lunch Woodford on the rocks)
This was a meal on my flight out of SEA last week too and the pax near me who chose this requested Tabasco (which of course DL does not cater). I had the cauliflower cakes which were excellent and I agree the dessert was very good as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.