Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
How is catering ex-LGA looking? I'm doing LGA-DEN soon and I'm wondering if it'll have a real breakfast or not.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
How is catering ex-LGA looking? I'm doing LGA-DEN soon and I'm wondering if it'll have a real breakfast or not.
I had hot breakfast (baked eggs) on a LGA/MSP leg last month.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
These are the choices from JFK:

Should have been this?

Thank you! Yes that was exactly the same fish course that I had last month...and it was surprisingly good!

Last edited by audidudi; May 25, 2022 at 9:34 am
Old May 23, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
IND-LAX, DL0932. 4.5hr flight with a very tightly wrapped Sad Box. No meat in the charcuterie, just olives which were honestly pretty good.

New club in LAX is amazing, had breakfast with made to order tacos and then regular made to order tacos for lunch!

LAX-SEA, DL1098. Upgraded at gate and didn't expect a full meal for the 2.5hr flight but was not disappointed to find this meatball (real), garlic bread, and burrata mozz ball waiting for me. These new meal partnerships with local LA restaurants seem to be working out nice.
This meal is delicious! But, it's weird that Delta One and Delta domestic get the same meals. Had this exact meal (except with soup) all shoved on one tray and served together on LAX-SYD.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Was pleasantly surprised to get drink service and the snack basket passed around in F on a 34-minute flight from LGA to PVD on Friday.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by ohhleary
Was pleasantly surprised to get drink service and the snack basket passed around in F on a 34-minute flight from LGA to PVD on Friday.
According to Deltas website, all flights in FC get drink and snack service regardless of length. Why were you surprised? For any instance where service was not present, you should submit a complaint.
Air Houston likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
According to Deltas website, all flights in FC get drink and snack service regardless of length. Why were you surprised? For any instance where service was not present, you should submit a complaint.
Fair enough. Guess I've been jaded by not getting snack service on my last three LGA-BOS trips in F in the past year that I was surprised when I actually got it on a flight that was even shorter.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by ohhleary
not getting snack service on my last three LGA-BOS trips in F.
I flew that route pre-pandemic and received full drinks/snacks - even the flight notes on that route mention service for F. I'd complain for an easy stash of miles.
ohhleary likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Airport vendors at PHX will be fined starting 6/1 if they don’t offer full hours and menus. PHX should fine Delta too.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/phoenix-concessions-vendors-closed/
cmd320 and Mhyduchak like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Anyone fly BOS-DFW? Curious what we may get in F both directions...Side note - is there an end date in mind for the sad boxes?
Old May 23, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Anyone fly BOS-DFW? Curious what we may get in F both directions...Side note - is there an end date in mind for the sad boxes?
Interested as well since I just booked this earlier today.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Flew it in late March but got a sad box, pretty sure I saw someone more recently on here that also got a sad box…
Old May 23, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
IND-LAX, DL0932. 4.5hr flight with a very tightly wrapped Sad Box. No meat in the charcuterie, just olives which were honestly pretty good.

New club in LAX is amazing, had breakfast with made to order tacos and then regular made to order tacos for lunch!

LAX-SEA, DL1098. Upgraded at gate and didn't expect a full meal for the 2.5hr flight but was not disappointed to find this meatball (real), garlic bread, and burrata mozz ball waiting for me. These new meal partnerships with local LA restaurants seem to be working out nice.
Is this being catered out of ATL? Im trying to see if this would be what I'd be getting as an option on ATL-BOS next week...
Although to be honest anything is better than the polenta bowl or chicken I've been forced fed by united recently
Old May 23, 2022, 9:10 pm

DL0030 ATL-LHR 25 May

Delta One dinner menu for ATL-LHR. Received about 6 ish days in advance. Flying on 25 May. 4 different entree selections from our family, so I’ll report back with picture later this week.

Last edited by cbelletete; May 29, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Old May 23, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Regional Update. Finally enjoyed full drink service in F from SAN to LAX, albeit no PDB. Was infuriating during the pandemic when they claimed the flight was too short for service, thinking that no one in the F cabin had ever flown that segment before 2020. Sad boxes from LAX to SAT were disappointing. So much waste with all of the packaging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.