Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 20, 22, 2:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Delta confirmed in a press release that Hot Meals will return in March 2022

Exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
PHX*, IAD, PSC, EYW, AUA, AUS, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS, JAC
*Narrowbody flights only

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 22, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Ordhater View Post
For those of you not familiar with the Michel et Augustin cookies, they're awful. Don't bother trying them. I plan to take one for the team by eating one myself whenever possible to save someone else the agony.
I buy Michel et Augustin cookies at Whole Foods and love them. 🤣
Ordhater likes this.
Old Jan 23, 22, 8:52 pm

This isn't directly related to Delta meal service but it seemed like the most appropriate topic. It looks like rather than Delta lagging behind the other domestic airline, they are instead following Delta's lead with scaled back service. The summary of the article is that AA will now scale back service as well, prompted by pressure from the APFA. If that's the case, it doesn't give me a lot of hope that Delta will resume pre-pandemic service any time soon.

https://apple.news/Av4fFtCxtQ-i4UA-IJ5W4kA
Old Jan 23, 22, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DCWeasel View Post
This isn't directly related to Delta meal service but it seemed like the most appropriate topic. It looks like rather than Delta lagging behind the other domestic airline, they are instead following Delta's lead with scaled back service. The summary of the article is that AA will now scale back service as well, prompted by pressure from the APFA. If that's the case, it doesn't give me a lot of hope that Delta will resume pre-pandemic service any time soon.

https://apple.news/Av4fFtCxtQ-i4UA-IJ5W4kA
Sounds like AA is following AS's lead. Flew AS over the weekend in Y and service is way reduced compared to my last flight with them in October. I am flying DL this upcoming weekend (in F though) and will note to see if there are any differences.
Old Jan 25, 22, 11:05 am

Programs: 2.75MM DL DM, Hyatt Explorist, AA Plat,Ex UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott TE
This is what happens when you unionize. More pay for less work. Totally ridiculous as Omicron is on it's way down and out and as The Points Guy stated didn't the airlines tout how safe the cabin was from Covid?
Old Jan 25, 22, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
This is what happens when you unionize. More pay for less work. Totally ridiculous as Omicron is on it's way down and out and as The Points Guy stated didn't the airlines tout how safe the cabin was from Covid?
DL FAs aren't unionized and they've been delivering "reduced" service throughout.
dw, Glensea, ebayj and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 22, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ANA Bronze
Delta will be replacing regular plastic bottles of wine with canned wine from Imagery Estate Winery (poured into plastic cups) in the new "environmental" changes. Borderline Spirit level stuff here.
cmd320 and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 25, 22, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by EBiafore99 View Post
I have a question for those of you in the know on all things DL...so, the last time I flew in Premium Select, the meal service was essentially a Delta One meal minus a couple of things. However, I noticed on the website that Premium Select meal service is now the same meals as in Main Cabin.

Is this a COVID switch or permanent switch? I looked at AA and UA and it appears they are still keeping the elevated meal service. It's not a deal breaker, just seems kind of cheap for DL.
I actually laughed out loud when they plopped down the tiny, sad microwave tray of food when flying PS ATL-AMS last week. It was truly pathetic compared to some of the D1 meals shown in this thread.
Old Jan 26, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Ordhater View Post
For those of you not familiar with the Michel et Augustin cookies, they're awful. Don't bother trying them. I plan to take one for the team by eating one myself whenever possible to save someone else the agony.
Last flight I declined the sad box offers and excitedly took one of these from the snack basket because of this post. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!
NotHamSarnie and Ordhater like this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by skydelt View Post
Delta will be replacing regular plastic bottles of wine with canned wine from Imagery Estate Winery (poured into plastic cups) in the new "environmental" changes. Borderline Spirit level stuff here.
Imagery is the real deal though, I'm excited about this. I own shares in their winery through my club membership; even their mass-produced cab that is canned is better than the swill Delta currently has.
AeRoSpaceman, quoo and ohhleary like this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP, AA, UA, B6, HA, WN, Delta SkyClub, Alaska Lounge, Global Entry, CLEAR
Hot meals coming back to First Class on everything 900+ miles starting March 1st, systemwide March 8th. Interesting how this rollout is gonna be way faster than the sad box rollout was .
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...-meal-service/

Last edited by coke cans and winglets; Jan 26, 22 at 12:51 pm Reason: Typo on date
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Nice surprise offered during boarding today:

Old Jan 26, 22, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
JFK to LAX - preordered short rib

LAX to JFK - preordered Salmon (this is one of the items that had to be preordered). Salmon was good, fennel a bit over cooked / mushy but decent

Short rib meal was better. I think delta catering does a good job with the short rib
Old Jan 26, 22, 3:58 pm

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Smile Delta Tricked Me

I have had the good fortune of flying D1 between HNL and MSP/ATL several times in 2021-22, and I thought the meals were getting pretty good. I flew in economy this week between HNL and ATL, and to my surprise, the D1 meal was actually an economy meal plated in a more appealing way. The portions were remarkably similar, and the only things different were the salad and the dessert. Even the snacks were the same. I guess I should be happy about my economy meal rather than being sad over my D1 meal.

dw, SW7London, DCAproducer and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
That's so revealing - thank you for posting!
DCAproducer and GagaPilot like this.
Old Jan 28, 22, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
Pasturized processed cheese product “adult lunchable” as breakfast on a 4 hour flight. Absolutely pathetic.

Search this Thread